SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Apostles Creed?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: The Apostles Creed?

Universal may be explained this way. There exists in this earth a body of people who have all been born again by the atonement of blood Jesus Christ and have become part of the church. These people are of all nations, but are born again by the same atonement. These people speak all languages, but are born again by the same atonement. There is one universal sacrifice, one universal atonement that had opened the way to all men of all nations throughout the whole earth to become sons of God, to belong the the church, the body of Christ. I do not know you Matthew, but if you are born again then we belong to the same body and the same church.

2011/2/23 16:35Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

In the Roman Catholic church the Apostles creed is read in every mass. This is correct doctrine, yet the Roman Catholic church believes that their church is the true church, and that if you are outside of the Roman Catholic church then you are not in the true church. The Roman Catholic church teaches salvation by keeping the sacrements. (salvation by works).

Mike

2011/2/23 19:58Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, the creed is a great tool in witnessing to the romans.jimp

2011/2/23 20:07Profile

It is true that this is Catholic - as it takes away from the fact that The WORD of GOD is also "The Creator GOD" ...

1. I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth:
2. And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord:

Subtle, but that's what the RCC does. Makes Jesus a lesser God and why there are so many pictures of "Saints" holding "baby Jesus". They'd love to keep Him in the cradle and through their writings about Mary's job now - they Have. Some of the things that they're told to pray to Mary as the mediator between the people and "Jesus" are so disgusting I can't even post those things.

I've never yet read a "creed" that is Scripturally perfect, so I don't like "creeds". Why isn't The Word, on it's own, good enough? Man Always sticks a word or two in there to water down the perfect Word. It bothers me to be made to feel guilty because I won't say a creed during some sort of "responsive reading" segment of a "service". It just bothers me to have to always be forced into some man's translation of what we're to believe rather than just quoting His Word to prove a point.

Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not.

2011/2/23 20:43
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I don't really like creeds either this one just struck my attention because an author quoted it in the book I was reading. I guess man always tries to find the more efficient route and things creeds are just faster and easier to use. Unfortunately if one isn't careful as you stated they may very well water down the Word of God, not only that but in generational changes at times what the creed says doesn't translate well to the next generation and just becomes a ritual or tradition.

2011/2/24 1:15Profile

Re:

Quote:
Quote:
4. Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried: He descended into hell:

I have been listening to Wayne Grudem lately as I am reading for a paper on the atonement and he brings up an intesting point: Jesus did not descend into hell. Now, I am not one to debate, nor will I, but he makes some interesting points in considering this and like he mentioned, "an old mistake is still a mistake."

To quote my own quote I looked up that point that Wayne Grudem made. He has all of his theology class online. I am not supporting everything he says, but like I mentioned I am writing a paper so I am 'reading broader' on present and past theologians.

On this site he lists many useful messages but the one that might be of interest is:

September 30, 2007 -
Chapter 27: Doctrine of the Atonement - (Pt. 3 of 4)
- at the 30:20 mark...

http://www.christianessentialssbc.com/messages/

2011/2/24 8:18

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy