SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christians asked to bow in submission to Allah

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Christians asked to bow in submission to Allah

In what Egypt's Christians fear may be a sign of things to come, a senior Islamic cleric asked Christians to bow in Muslim prayer in an act of submission to Allah.

On Friday, famed Egyptian theologian Yusuf al-Qaradawi, a spiritual leader to the Muslim Brotherhood who hosts a popular Islam-themed television show on Al Jazeera, led the Islamic prayer services in Cairo's Tahrir Square, the epicenter of Egypt's uprising.

While he repeatedly offered nods to Egypt's Coptic Christians, unmentioned in most news media accounts of the ceremony was that Qaradawi asked all in attendance, specifically singling out Christians, to bow in Islamic prayer. ...

read more: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=266385

2011/2/22 2:55Profile

Re: Christians asked to bow in submission to Allah

I guess my first question would be "Did they bow?"

I have met a handful of true Christians from Egypt that would defy this order unto death I believe....

It would also seem to me that much of the Coptic church are denominational and cultural Christians. This uprising around Islam has emboldened Radical Islam....which by all rights is the only true Islam, similar to the sold out disciples being the true Christians.

Watch for a man of Peace to step in with all of the right answers for Islam. I think he will begin moderate, to empower the average citizen...and begin to solidify the Caliphate; sold as the avenue to prosperity, until he gains full control.

Then the nightmare to the west begins. A Nuclear tipped Jihad against the great Satan; Israel, Christians, and the West..[America #1 ]. I think it is forming right before our eyes, in it's infant stages.

I believe bowing to Allah is the exact same as denying Jesus of Nazareth, and betraying Him. I'll take the sword, thank-you...by the extreme grace of God giving me strength, in that day. [Oh that I could glorify Jesus in doing so..]

2011/2/22 9:38

Re:

Brother Tom,

It has been reported that many thousands of Christians present did not bow down to Allah.

Let our prayers be with the Coptic Christians and all other Christians at this time. Let us not judge these brothers and sisters in Christ as cultural Christians, but let us open our eyes to what it is like to Worship God in a non democratic society as a minority.

2011/2/22 11:24
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Christians asked to bow in submission to Allah

There was an gospel music album cover from the early 80's; I do not know who the group was, but looking at it always sent shivers down my spine.

It depicted the pharoh and all his glory passing by a crowd that was bowing to him but one. The person next to the one standing was pulling on this person's robe to try and get him to bow so he won't be put to death.

I've been thinking about this album cover for the last year or so. It seems that this might come to pass in our generation.

God bless the persecuted church,
Lisa

PS: Does anyone remember this album or the band?

2011/2/22 12:10Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re:

Quote:
Bro Tom wrote:
Watch for a man of Peace to step in with all of the right answers for Islam.

I was listening to Derek Prince on the Spirit of Anti-Christ last week and what he said that made sense was that the 'man of peace' would have the right answers for not just one religion but all three religions of that region: Islam, Judaism, Christianity.

I humbly submit this thought; it could be wrong.

God bless,
Lisa

2011/2/22 12:16Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy