SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : 6.3 earthquake in Christchurch new Zealand - potential fatalities - please pray

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Mikeydarev

Dear White stone

A prophet never wants to say "I told you so?", in fact just in the presentation of your post it sounds like your 'discussion' may have gone a lot better if you had presented some grace that seems lacking in your post. Andrew has nailed an important point but if you could 100% confidently say your church groups in your city would get it right then I'd listen to ya a bit more.

Please pray for us in wisdom as to what to do now. Pray for the church to come back to biblical Christianity yes and that they would serve their community well and proclaim Christ well at this time.

We had a girl in our bible study who has lost a family member in the quake... It's not unlikely I'll meet someone else in the same boat. It was dead silent when she shared that last night too. I think it's about the only appropriate response.

Thanks to all who are praying

Mikey

2011/2/23 20:10Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re: Dear White stone

This came in my email today 2.24.

Christchurch Earthquake
emlynsubi | February 24, 2011 at 6:39 am

Tuesday's earthquake in Christchurch, New Zealand devastated the city centre. At present the official death toll is 98 with police having grave concern for the 226 still missing.

Scripture Union New Zealand has one staff member and one associate in Christchurch. They and their families are safe and well but their homes are damaged. According to National Director Wayne Fraser, 'The hardest part for all (in Christchurch) is the emotional toll and the sense that having just got on top of the previous damage they are back to square one. I guess the landscape has literally changed with the steeple on the cathedral on the ground and other icons beyond repair.

Please pray for the people of Christchurch as they face the consequences of this disaster.

Panorama of Christchurch taken shortly after the earthquake

http://i.imgur.com/0vZbD.jpg

2011/2/24 11:14Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy