SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Hasn't anybody noticed?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
This is a blot of shame that stains church history in that the Jewish people suffered at the hands of carnal Christians.

Whoa, lets back up here. The Jews never suffered at the hands of any true born again Christian. These "so called" Christians took on the name only. They were never believers to begin with. That Catholic Church did the harm not us. They are not Christian, we are not Catholic and we would not lay a hand on a Jew or anyone for that matter.

2011/2/20 17:34

GinnyRose

Quote:
What say, Neil?

Israel has the world's 6th largest nuclear weapons arsenal.

Jews with nukes, it's a new day.

so let the Jew haters bay and bark, scream and shriek. pose and posture, that's all they can do.

Anything more, and "everyone will be salted with fire".

2011/2/20 19:05

Re: GinnyRose

Approved that is an awfully big statement claiming the Catholic church are not Christians. You have pronounced judgement on every Christian in the first 1000 years of Christianity and a large majority of them since that time. I would just like you to reflect on that in light of what Jesus has said about judging others.

Yes I would agree that those who harmed Jewish people were wolves.

..and also I am not yet Catholic but I have decided to seek communion in the Catholic church. At work my Catholic and Protestant colleagues all consider ourselves Christians. Is that not the case here?

2011/2/21 6:04

Re: Hasn't anybody noticed?

Hi andie72,

Quote:
You have pronounced judgement on every Christian in the first 1000 years of Christianity

This is not at all so. There were very many other groups of genuine Christians from the beginning of the Church.

Sadly, the Roman Catholic Church is not known for its monopoly on truth, but rather for resisting truth time and time again; and, apart from its historical use of a language foreign to many of its communicants until the 1960s, also, for actively removing the scriptures from its flock.

I hope you take time to do a great deal more research before finally embracing subjection to Papal governance.

Your Master is Jesus Christ, and by His Spirit He is well able to guide you safely through your life in this world, and keep you through the troubles (tribulations) His people necessarily experience. Your Father is in heaven, and the writer to the Hebrews exhorts

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected [us], and we gave [them] reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? (ch 12)

Matthew 23:9 And call no [man] your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven

There are many other pieces of RCC doctrine which are intransigent to scripture, which rather than obey, they change the scripture.

One of these is the notion that when a baby is christened (baptised), it is 'born again'. According to Paul Washer who preaches in Roman Catholic countries, this is one of the most difficult ideas for a Catholic to give up.

And there are many other legalistic strictures, quite apart from the lie that the death of Christ was not sufficient to atone for our sins, which is promulgated through the liturgy of Mass, and false ideas about works, and what happens when we die.

Please be very very careful.

2011/2/21 6:39
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re: Stay away from Tozer and Spurgeon!

This site is wonderful in that it has amassed such great recorded truths and wisdoms(sermons) I agree with Alive-to-God and Approved in their understanding of what the Catholic church represents. If you listen to Tozer and read Spurgeon you will not be long before you hear men who speak with incredible conviction of the wrongs and apostasy of the Catholic Church. It may be hard to listen to them as this strong conviction is something we don;t hear as often today in this live and let live age of tolerance. Deception runs deep in Catholic roots and they have fallen to religion of the worst kind; that coming from the tradition of men. Is it not curious that we talk of Jews and Catholics and not see the common thread that binds them even though through the centuries the history between the two that has been anything but good. According to religion they hold onto that which makes them more alike than different if you know what I mean.

2011/2/21 9:50Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear andie72,

I will pray that you do not get entangled in false worship. Do you not see how Roman Catholics pray to God through the wrong path?? They pray through Mary and all the saints. How could you expect God to hear your prayers if you do not follow His directions, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Light."

Don't allow your eyes to entice you with all the rich trappings of their Mass. It is all worldly show.

I am not saying there are not genuine believers within the Roman Catholic Church but saying they are often trapped there and in danger of losing their very soul.

My, how my question has morphed. Thank you all for your observations and comments.

white stone

2011/2/21 10:40Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
At work my Catholic and Protestant colleagues all consider ourselves Christians.

But do they know HIM? and is the power of the resurrection operational in their lives? Does their church impact or facilitate this process? How is their worship? Their obedience?

There are many people who call themselves Christians, even Baptists, Pentecostals, etc who are merely religious which can sound so pious.

Quote:
Is that not the case here?

No.

2011/2/24 19:49Profile
staff

Re:

Hi CyAn,
Just want to agree with your wolf in sheeps clothing remark,well put,simple but effective,staff

2011/3/3 17:02Profile

Re:

Quote:
At work my Catholic and Protestant colleagues all consider ourselves Christians. Is that not the case here?

Mormons and the greater majority of America also consider themselves Christian. Doesn't mean anything if their lives and beliefs do not align with what the Bible says a Christian is.

Also, Christianity as we know it did NOT come out of the Catholic church. God has always preserved a people for himself that have been apart from false worship. The Roman Catholics were not the only church for the first 1000 years, especially since they weren't the church at all. It's just paganism and ritual dressed up in Christian trappings.

If you're a lover of truth;

One: I'd do some research on Catholic doctrine and church history.

Two: I'd think VERY carefully before joining hands with Rome in anything.

Please love Catholic people. Love them so much that you're not scared to tell them the truth, no matter how many ripples it causes.

I have a missionary friend here in Japan who's a converted Catholic. When he told me his testimony, he was very grateful that someone told him the truth, that Jesus Christ atoned for his sins and that he doesn't have to atone in purgatory for his own.

2011/3/3 18:58
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Quote:
EverestoSama on 2011/3/3 15:58:42 . . . . The Roman Catholics . . . . just paganism and ritual dressed up in Christian trappings.

If you're a lover of truth;
One: I'd do some research on Catholic doctrine and church history.
Two: I'd think VERY carefully before joining hands with Rome in anything. . . . .

Thank you for your post. Jesus is the only way to God.

white stone

2011/3/3 19:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy