SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : America Quiet on the Execution of Afghan Christian Said Musa

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 America Quiet on the Execution of Afghan Christian Said Musa

A terrible drama is unfolding in Afghanistan: There are reports that Said Musa, whose situation I described at Christmas, will soon be executed for the ‘crime’ of choosing to become a Christian. (For background, see here.)

Musa was one of about 25 Christians arrested on May 31, 2010, after a May 27 Noorin TV program showed video of a worship service held by indigenous Afghan Christians; he was arrested as he attempted to seek asylum at the German embassy. He converted to Christianity eight years ago, is the father of six young children, had a leg amputated after he stepped on a landmine while serving in the Afghan Army, and now has a prosthetic leg. His oldest child is eight and one is disabled (she cannot speak). He worked for the Red Cross/Red Crescent as an adviser to other amputees.

He was forced to appear before a judge without any legal counsel and without knowledge of the charges against him. “Nobody [wanted to be my] defender before the court. When I said ‘I am a Christian man,’ he [a potential lawyer] immediately spat on me and abused me and mocked me. . . . I am alone between 400 [people with] terrible values in the jail, like a sheep.” He has been beaten, mocked, and subjected to sleep deprivation and sexual abuse while in prison. No Afghan lawyer will defend him and authorities denied him access to a foreign lawyer.

Any and every human being who is imprisoned, abused, or tortured for the free and peaceful expression of their faith deserves our support, but Musa is also a remarkable person and Christian. In a letter smuggled to the West, he says, “The authority and prisoners in jail did many bad behaviour with me about my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. For example, they did sexual things with me, beat me by wood, by hands, by legs, put some things on my head.”

read more: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/260050/america-quiet-execution-afghan-christian-said-musa-paul-marshall

2011/2/19 20:56Profile
HeartSong

Re: America Quiet on the Execution of Afghan Christian Said Musa

Praying.

How is it that our hearts have grown so cold?

2011/2/19 23:32Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Not ALL of our hearts are cold but certainly the leadership has a big problem in the 'heart' department.

Our Father will care for Said and richly reward him. Besides praying, there is nothing I can do.

My feelings are beyond frustration, my only hope is in Jesus.

I firmly believe, looking at what is happening in the Middle East, we can see a foretelling of what is coming here.

Praying for the Saints and Grace to Stand.
white stone

2011/2/20 10:31Profile

Re:

I am thankfull that the Greg gordon has been posting so many updates concerning Islam forward attack on Christianity etc.

After 9/11 every born again christian should have been educating themselves about whats really going on in the world with Islam.

All these warnings are to say, DON'T let this happen to America. Do not allow Islam to take hold in America.

How do we do this?

Preach the whole counsel of God now. Expose the darkness of Islam now.

Also witness the gospel to everyone and proclaim those truths to bring about a revival of Gods people.

So many warnings have been put forth over the years about this. Yet even very sincere christian turn a blind eye to what is really going on.

2011/2/20 16:30

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy