SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Living by faith vs. living by the Spirit

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

My understanding is that, no one can "walk" without legs, and I see "faith" as the essential "legs" needed in order to walk in the spirit.

Without faith, we could never "lean not to our own understanding" or depend on ourselves, as we're programed to do since our childhood.
To walk with legs of faith alone, to me means, to 'let go' of our own autonomous way of living life and to be totally dependent on the Spirit of GOD to lead, guide, instruct, teach, comfort, correct and mainly to bring The Word of GOD to our remembrance - both Himself & His Word.

That doesn't come naturally to us independent & proud human beings - so we start with 'willing' to take baby steps in 'trust' (or faith) while letting go of self's directions and slowly learning to not lean on and letting go of, our own wills, more and more. Maturity appears to be, increasing in the knowledge that, without Him we can nothing. Nothing at all of any eternal value.

2011/2/23 12:53
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Living by faith and living by the Spirit go hand in hand. You cannot live by the Spirit without faith, neither can you live by faith without the Holy Spirit.

Mike

2011/2/23 14:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy