SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Perfect Love Casts Out Fear-C.Conlon

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
moreofHim

Perfect Love Casts Out Fear-C.Conlon

I just listened to a much needed (for me) sermon. [url=http://www.timessquarechurch.org/sermons/sermons2004.htm]"Perfect Love Casts Out Fear"[/url](from June 16th)

Carter talks about his own battles with disabling fear as well. I cried through much of it. Here are some awsome points that I took down:

When you first start out early in your Christian walk you have much natural strength (zeal)- and then one day it fails you. If you are fortunate, it will fail you sooner than later! :)

What shall seprate us from the LOVE of Christ? This love is agape love or a benevolent love- a love that gives us what we NEED, not what we want- so our lives might be a testimony and point to Christ- so we can stand in any storm.

He gives us ALL THINGS- He will give us all the things we need to get through our trials- until all we have left is an ALL-CONSUMING TRUST in God. Until we stand CLOTHED in that trust- just like Christ did.

But Zion said, "The Lord has forsaken me, And my Lord has forgotten me." "Can a woman forget her nursing child, And not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, [b]Yet I will not forget you[/b]. See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands... Is. 49:14-16 --

(I really needed to hear this verse. I don't know if any of you have ever gotten to that point where it just feels like God got up and left for good. I have been so ashamed to admit this because my walk has been so strong and close over the last 3 years- but God is doing more work, a work that I couldn't begin to anticipate.)

"Thank you, Lord that you have caused me to stand in frailty that You might have the pre-eminence- that I might disappear." -C. Conlon

This last quote really hits the nail on the head. It is all about Him having the pre-eminence and me becoming nothing (disappearing) He must increase, but I must decrease!!!!!!!! And whatever it takes, He will allow.

I hope at the end of all of this, I can stand with an ALL-CONSUMING TRUST in God, be clothed in it.I see how He is revealing how little trust I truly had. I repent of my lack of trust and I know He WILL give me what I need to get through any trial. May all the glory go to Him.

In Him alone, chanin

2004/11/17 14:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy