SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Your Healing Is In Your Mouth

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: barriers to healing

Quote:
I offer this in humbleness and anyone is free to reject or accept.

Anyone who dares to reject it does not know their bible. If we do not forgive men's trespasses God will not forgive us, and forgiveness is a type of healing. It restores the soul that had been bound by hate envy and strife or by an offence.

When I wrote that there are many variables to take into consideration, I had all those things that you listed in mind when writing but as a family here, another member expresses the way it should be expressed. Our Lord wanted what was necessary to be written at that moment so another can come in and help connect the dots.

Thank you for being apart of the contribution and connecting the dots. :o)

2011/2/20 9:50

Re: Your Healing Is In Your Mouth

Lysa shared

Quote:
Common barriers to receiving healing:

1. Ignorance (of God’s word and God’s will)
Isa 5.13
Hosea 4.6

2. Unbelief
Heb 3.12-13

3. Unconfessed sin
Prov 28.13

4. Unforgiveness to other people
Mark 11.25

5. Occult involvement
Exodus 23.24-26

6. Enter into a covenant with people who have false Gods
Ex 23.32 (Example Free Masonry)

This one came to me when posting this:
You husbands likewise... SO THAT YOUR PRAYERS MAY NOT BE HINDERED. ~ 1 Peter 3:7

Thanks for this helpful list.

I would add: departing from the word of God,

or, sitting under leadership who do not preach truth, or, who do not believe what they preach.

2011/2/20 15:22

Franklin, those are some good points and I agree--to an extent. However, there are limits to the truth of that.

I know people in good health who have terrible mouths, but let's say it is because God only chastises His own. That still would not explain the fact that there are plenty of Believers who are more Godly than me and have better control over their tongues than me who are terribly sick with diseases.

For example, a Godly pastor Bob Jennings (see illbehonest.com) has pancreatic cancer right now (2011). Preacher Paul Washer, a man greatly used of God, had his hips replaced many years ago, while working as a missionary. If we all got sick every time we sinned with our mouths we would all have perished a long time ago.

In the Bible, Hezekiah got sick, but no where does the scripture connect it to anything he spoke. Many famous missionaries suffered terrible sicknesses or even died while working for God overseas. David Livinstone and others. It was said that David Livingstone looked like a living skeleton when a reporter finally found him (in Africa). His wife had also died of malaria. Basically, we all die like dogs, whether good or bad.

2011/2/20 16:53

Re:

Well said, Everestosama!

2011/2/20 16:57

Re:

I'll be sure to email the OP and that list to Joni & Friends. She can check her mouth first and then the list and then pass it on with those wheel chairs she brings to the crippled people around the world.
Wish Art Katz had this thread before ..... oh well.

2011/2/20 22:19

Re:

Forgive my reaction - but I truly don't care to hear what men teach about illnesses that take the lives of babies and some of the finest men and women on earth or 'disable' them in the eyes of the worldly.

I've known far too many Godly families hit by cancer or other diseases, that none of these partial Scripture posts or lists to apply to.
Paul told Timothy to take a little wine for his stomach's sake and frequent infirmities and Paul "gloried" in his.

GOD also allows these things at times, to put us where we can reach others, that we wouldn't have met otherwise - to HIS Glory - and that's all that matters.

There are things that people can do to stay healthier, that aren't even mentioned on this thread -

Watch what you eat is #1 on the list.

Read labels or better yet, buy organic and dump the junk food, because in this generation, most foods are full of chemicals --- so it may not be what's coming out of your mouth, but what's going into it.

That's just one thing, but it's the main thing on the "healthy living" list and the #1 killer. Think about it.

2011/2/20 23:27
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Quote:
Paul told Timothy to take a little wine for his stomach's sake and frequent infirmities and Paul "gloried" in his.

Amen. I came out of believing the "name it and claim it" health and wealth "gospel" and know firsthand how spiritually and emotionally damaging it is. It hinders many sincere believers who don't have enough discernment from the Word to see the deception from the enemy and the twisting of God's Word.

When considering the whole counsel of God we do not see physical healing or financial prosperity guaranteed in this life if we only have enough faith. On the other hand, spiritual health and prosperity IS always a guarantee for those who draw near to God with a contrite spirit. God is more concerned with our personal holiness than He is with giving us earthly blessings we ask of Him.

Satan is always trying to keep us focused on temporal rather than eternal matters.

We should never doubt that God has the power to heal anyone, but we should also never presume that He is bound to heal us if we meet certain conditions.

It is right for us to pray for physical healing for ourselves and others, but ultimately we must trust that He is all-wise and will do what He sees is best for us, whether to heal us immediately through prayer, or after some time of refining here on earth, or till we are glorified.

2011/2/21 1:25Profile

Re:

How true Brother Oracio. Many were ripped apart when this teaching first became strong in the churches decades ago and many lost faith in GOD's goodness as well and His love for them personally. They lost hope that they would ever be good enough or have enough faith for their healing and the horrendous introspection of looking for something in them that caused the illness only served to make them sicker - but the losing faith was or is the severest part of this imbalance in the teachings on healing.

If we're Spirit led - the LORD will speak to our hearts when one is to be healed and we can proclaim it with great confidence in prayer, but if it's not Him speaking or leading, we can truly spiritually, emotionally and even further physically hurt someone with pronouncements that are not from Him. Condemnation follows always in those cases.
If we could only learn to wait on His Voice in these matters.

Satan, as you said and our own flesh or desire to be the "healers" ourselves for a piece of the Glory is indeed the eyes of the temporal.

Thank you Brother!

2011/2/21 1:41

Re: Your healing is in your mouth

To Jesus-is-GOD,

I would like to clarify that I know how pernicious the 'name it and claim it' doctrine is, and am not in agreement with it. Also, I agree that spiritual health is far more important. However, there are Christians who have experienced healing after putting everything in their life right with God, simply by obeying the many exhortations in scripture which define that rightness.

It seems to me that the important thing is to support the faith of the person who is going through illness, sickness or other kinds of health problems - could be stress and anxiety, or depression, or recovering from warzone trauma, or an accident - and NOT to criticise their lack of 'faith' for being in a process which manifestly, God has allowed in their life, according to His purposes and wisdom.

'Remember, it is the olive that has been crushed that brings the oil that heals others.' ~ GaryE

2011/2/21 6:53
Lysa

East TN for now!

I don’t know that anyone was talking about me specifically and what I’ve posted but nowhere did I or was I referring to “name it and claim it” type healings, I definitely am not teaching ‘name it and claim it’ salvation. But neither will I hide from the verses that DO IN FACT declare specifically that we are allowed to ask to be healed:

And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and HEALING ALL MANNER OF SICKNESS and ALL MANNER OF DISEASE among the people.
~ Matt 4:23; Matt 10.1;

“Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:”
Matt 7:7; Luke 11.9; John 16.24

Lysa definitely does not believe in ‘name it and claim it.’ I don’t understand everything about healing but I find it sad that people tarred and feathered as ‘name it and claim it’ christians just because we dare to believe in the Scriptures that talk about healing.

God bless,
Lisa

2011/2/21 7:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy