SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Good Seminary schools?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
InLove

Re:

To respond to some of the questions.

Quote:
Are you looking to be paid to go on mission work?

No, I don't have much money so I would need support to live but other than that no. All I have is God's, money is an object I don't care about.

Quote:
Can you hear His voice?

Yes. He isn't telling me where to go or how and I'll tell you why. I have a fear of doing something, at all, if i'm not sure God is 100% in it. Now He has highlighted this fear and making me address it. I believe He wants me to take a leap of faith. IMO it would be better for me to fail for God than sit and do nothing.

Again thanks for all the input.

In Love,
Joe

2011/2/15 16:48Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

InLove.

Quote:
Yes. He isn't telling me where to go or how and I'll tell you why. I have a fear of doing something, at all, if i'm not sure God is 100% in it. Now He has highlighted this fear and making me address it. I believe He wants me to take a leap of faith. IMO it would be better for me to fail for God than sit and do nothing.

This is exactly where my wife and I are at the moment. Thanks you for sharing.

2011/2/15 17:04Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: Good Seminary schools?

Unless things have changed since I had experience with it, CFNI (Christ for the Nations Institute) in Dallas is a great place.

2011/2/15 17:23Profile
sidadm

Re:

quote]Yes. He isn't telling me where to go or how and I'll tell you why. I have a fear of doing something, at all, if i'm not sure God is 100% in it. Now He has highlighted this fear and making me address it. I believe He wants me to take a leap of faith. IMO it would be better for me to fail for God than sit and do nothing.

Where did you get that thinking? God does not tell you to take a leap of faith unless He gives you an objective/direction/command.

This is your idea and you are going to attribute it to God.

Better for you to wait and do nothing, as you say rather than to make a decision that could throw your life off course for 10 years. So, you would take the chance and do something out of God's will, where you have not heard His voice and then hope it turns into His will? This is exactly what I am talking about. "God, please bless my plans". Brother or Sister, what you need to learn you won't learn in a Seminary/Bible School. I am mentoring you now. You better sit tight and wait on the Lord.

This is just not sound, Holy Spirit led thinking.

2011/2/15 17:48Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Good Seminary schools?

I spent some time at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. I found it both intellectually and spiritually rich. I've also heard good things about Denver Seminary.

There are some people who speak against seminary. They often like to jokingly call it "cemetary." But the truth of the matter is that seminary will be whatever you choose to make it, in the Lord.

2011/2/15 18:15Profile
sidadm

Re:

Well, if you are going to end up going, here is a guy currently in Seminary with some on the ground advice.

http://www.goingtoseminary.com/failing-seminary-for-the-glory-of-god/

2011/2/15 18:35Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i find it amazing that ignorant people always promote ignorance.bible college and seminary give one opposing views that cause you to dig into Gods word and dig into God Himself. allow the Lord to lead you to the place He wants you to go to. apply yourself to growing in God so that you change lives in this world.jimp p.s. ravenhill always told me that he went to bush u.; burning bush.but he was well educated as were almost all the great leaders in the histoy of christianity.

2011/2/15 21:10Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

And if you are unable to go to seminary for some reason, lock yourself in a room with about $5,000 worth of books for a few years, and you'll get about the same education. Many seminaries have recommended reading lists that you can freely obtain from them. And if you can find one locally, you often work out something where they will allow you to use their library for free. That way you can save the $5,000 :-)

2011/2/15 21:18Profile
sidadm

Re:

Well, you've got a lot of advice from different corners of the room. May the Lord lead you and may you answer His call and walk in the way that He directs you, even if it ends up being opposite of what you may have wanted.

2011/2/15 22:17Profile
InLove

Re:

Quote:
Where did you get that thinking? God does not tell you to take a leap of faith unless He gives you an objective/ direction/command.

I wasn't going to respond to this but I would like you to understand and others not to be miss led.

I have waited on the Lord a long time now. He had guided me, instructed me and now He had been leading me to move, to take action, to do sonething. I have fasted, prayed so much about this. I know without a doubt He isnt going to show me exactly what to do. I believe He's saying I've shown you and taught you enought to make a move. I will be with you all the way.

This is a very hard building point for me. I believe sometimes He gives us the choice, to learn, to grow toward Him.

I'm not trying to be mean but you can't tell me how God is speaking to me, or anyone else because He hasn't spoke to you in the same way.

May God bless you all
In Love,
Joe

2011/2/15 23:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy