SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Gay 'marriages' to be allowed in church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Hello Lysa,

As much as there are glaring wrongs in the original subject of this thread your comment

Quote:
Most churches don't even accept regular divorced folks, let alone what the outcome this will bring. Only the Lord knows the answer to all the questions.

blows me away.

Do you mean to tell me that even though I worship Jesus Christ and so does my husband of 36 years, the errors we made before we were saved would mark me as unfit to join a Church? Makes me feel glad we have been led to stay out of organized religion as it is practiced in this world.

Kind regards,
white stone

2011/2/16 0:11Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
If they are allowed to marry and they see the error of their ways; will the church accept them if they are "divorced?" Do you see the quandry here for fundamental christians?

Lysa, the issue is who determines what a marriage is - the state or God? A homo relationship is an abomination regardless what the state says - it cannot sanctify an abomination. To commit yourself to practice an abomination for any length of time is a commitment that needs to be repented of regardless of state laws.

I see no conflict at all.

ginnyrose

2011/2/16 8:28Profile

Re:

I'm with Sandra. I've seen nothing anywhere in Scripture that says a homosexual "marriage" is in fact a marriage at all. Marriage is not a covenant with another person, it's a covenant that two people make WITH God, whether they acknowledge Him or not. You can't make a covenant with Him if you don't accept His terms. And homosexuality isn't anywhere in the fine print.

To reiterate what was said, the state is NOT the one who decides what a marriage is or what it isn't.

2011/2/16 9:26
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: white_stone

Quote:
Lysa wrote:
Most churches don't even accept regular divorced folks; let alone what the outcome this will bring. Only the Lord knows the answer to all the questions.

White_Stone responded:
Do you mean to tell me that even though I worship Jesus Christ and so does my husband of 36 years, the errors we made before we were saved would mark me as unfit to join a Church?

Well, just don’t tell them about it!! Sadly, I’ve come to the conclusion that most Christians operate better in the dark (concerning my past (edit: and probably yours too)), they don't (feel they) have to make decisions whether they continue to associate with me or not.

I mean, I think it’s terrible; that I can’t feel like I can praise God what "everything" He has done in my life, especially since I don’t live the way I used to! (*This is my experience with churches).

But do you know who accepts “ALL” of my testimony? The girls at jail!

God bless you,
Lisa

(edited 4 clarity)

2011/2/16 9:53Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
If they are allowed to marry and they see the error of their ways; will the church accept them if they are "divorced?" Do you see the quandry here for fundamental christians?

Lysa, the issue is who determines what a marriage is - the state or God? A homo relationship is an abomination regardless what the state says - it cannot sanctify an abomination. To commit yourself to practice an abomination for any length of time is a commitment that needs to be repented of regardless of state laws.

I see no conflict at all.

I understand what you and everest are saying.

God bless!

2011/2/16 9:56Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Quote:
God help us to always be ready to reach out and pull them out of the fire regardless of our personal beliefs.

It is said we are going to be seeing all sorts of ungodliness come into the Church (Church with walls & without walls).

O' God that we may be ready to receive them with the unconditional love of Jesus and may we be ready to take them to Him in complete repentance. Jesus came to set the captives free - I can shout Hallelujah to my King, my Savior, my Deliverer etc. I was a captive and now I am free indeed. Every single person was held a captive to something.
Not of this sin was I captive but I was held captive as was everyone of us.
No one and nothing is too hard for the Lord! All glory to God.
When we see people who dont know Him we should see a person who needs to be set free, a person who needs a Savior, a person God created, a person Jesus died on the cross for. We are no better. We may not have sinned that certain sin but we have no right as a Christian to point the finger unless it is to point it upward to Jesus the Savior of the world - the lover of our souls.

Lysa, it is true that self-righteousness reigns in most churches today. There is very little rejoicing over a sinner set free. I agree, it is best if people know not the facts of our past but just a Hallelujah of our present and that we were set free and that they can be also.

It is the people who God has set free and are free indeed who we can share what God has done for us. The people who are burdened down with sin. They know what it's like to be forgiven and set free. These are the ones who will embrace the sinner and lead them to the Cross. These are the ones, I believe, who will be the remnant.

What the self-righteous person is blind to is that they need to be set free as they are held captive as any sinner in any sin.

Jesus made this real clear. He had rather have us hot or cold but He will vomit the lukewarm (self-righteous) person out of His mouth!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rev 3:15 "I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot.

Rev 3:16 "So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, we humbly pray Dear Lord, take anything out of us that is not of You. Let us love Dearest Lord with Your heart, with Your eyes. Let us never be soft on sin Lord - but with Your mercy and grace take the sinner to the Cross. We can only do this with Your help Dearest Lord. Because Dearest Lord, You are worthy Jesus, You are worthy. Amen and Amen Be glorified O' God!

2011/2/16 12:22Profile
EzerinWV

Re:

Lysa said:

"Most churches don't even accept regular divorced folks"

Really????? Where I live they do!!

2011/2/16 13:56Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
Really????? Where I live they do!!

I guess I should have said, “Divorced people can go to a church in my area but they cannot do anything at the church because they are divorced.”

The point I was trying to make is that divorced heterosexual folks have a hard time in most churches; now, there could be divorced homosexual folks in church! (***Ginny has already straightened me out on that; I was just reiterating what I meant in my first post.)

I do know one thing churches do allow divorced people to do and that is show up and pay their tithes!

God bless,
Lisa

2011/2/16 14:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy