SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Gay 'marriages' to be allowed in church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Gay 'marriages' to be allowed in church

Ministers are proposing to change the law to allow homosexual couples to "marry" in traditional religious ceremonies – including in church.

Lynne Featherstone, the Liberal Democrat equalities minister, is expected shortly to outline firm plans to lift the current ban on civil partnerships being conducted in places of worship.

In a political "win" for Nick Clegg and his party, the Coalition will also say that such ceremonies should for the first time be allowed to have a religious element, such as hymn-singing and readings from the Bible.

They could, it is understood, also be carried out in the future out by priests or other religious figures. ...

read more: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/8320705/Gay-marriages-to-be-allowed-in-church.html

2011/2/14 21:00Profile
A-Run

India

Re: Gay 'marriages' to be allowed in church

What a shameful thing this is!

Days before we heard that in Britain many were turning to Islam and now the thought of proposing an act that allows same-sex marriages in the church. Can it get worse than this?

Is this is the same England where John Wesley, George Whitefield and such men of God labored?

I read the same thing in BBC as well: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/uk-12442375?SThisFB

2011/2/14 23:09Profile
Jeremy221

Re: Laboring

We forget that those who we revere as laborers for Lord were working in a land where others had labored before. Didn't God have to send many prophets and raise up righteous leaders to turn the people of Israel back to Him? God is not done with England or His Body there.

Come Lord Jesus!

2011/2/14 23:30Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Sign of the times folks. Nothing suprises me anymore these days.

2011/2/15 0:42Profile
Giggles

Re:

I agree Miccah. Has our love grown cold though in order to have such a monotone reaction?

2011/2/15 0:45Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

The level of revulsion I feel towards even the thought of this subject is gigantic.

What bothers me more is the fact that I do not believe these are true Churches but are mere Social Meeting Places. What happens in one of those Social Meeting Place is not surprising. The worse part is that those type of churches are the norm and not the exception.

The scripture, 'Let the dead bury the dead' rings in my ears.

Reprobates is what they are, beyond the promptings of a conscience.

Come out from her, my people!!!!

2011/2/15 9:31Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=10843&commentView=itemComments

It is indeed...a time to cry.

2011/2/15 10:10Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Giggles. I do understand your point. As I am maturing in my walk with the Lord, I have found that the less emotional that I react on issues, the more prayerful I become in it's (emotions) place.

I am an emotional man Giggles. I don't know the last time I have been to worship and not cried or been choked up. Everytime my wife and I watch a "chick flick", I'm the one who needs a tissue. :-P Spending time with the Lord brings me to tears at times. If you would talk to my wife, you would see that I am far from a monotone person, lol.

Yet, I find that over-reacting or getting all worked up about an issue is not all that beneficial to me. The more time that I spend being emotional about a subject, the less time I petition the Lord over it. Also, I understand where these folks are coming from, since I used to be one (unsaved).

The Lord is blessing me in my walk with Him more then I can explain. Thank you for your concern and I do appreciate your faithfulness. Blessings!

2011/2/15 11:06Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Gay 'marriages' to be allowed in church

This won't stop us from ministering to them and loving them. In spite of this, they will still need Jesus.

If this is allowed this will open up a WHOLE new can of worms. If they are allowed to marry and they see the error of their ways; will the church accept them if they are "divorced?" Do you see the quandry here for fundamental christians?

Most churches don't even accept regular divorced folks, let alone what the outcome this will bring. Only the Lord knows the answer to all the questions.

God help us to always be ready to reach out and pull them out of the fire regardless of our personal beliefs.

God bless,
Lisa

2011/2/15 12:04Profile
Giggles

Re:

Well said Miccah. You have your heart audited and in order: perhaps I need a closer inspection on my own, as I have not been too prayerful of late or open-hearted.

2011/2/15 23:23Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy