SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer for hurting wife and husband

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
jamccor

New Jersey

Prayer for hurting wife and husband

Saints, will you please pray for me and my wife as we continue on in our struggle with our finances and difficulties in our marriage? We are GOD fearing people who could use some encouragement and prayers.This has been a very rough year for us,especially these last 2 days.Just when you think it can only get better,it gets worse.
Thanks and GOD Bless
John

2011/2/9 13:21Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: Prayer for hurting wife and husband

When bad things happen remember this:

Quote:
Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Also:
Quote:
1 Peter 4:12: Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
13: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

Quote:
2nd Chronicles 20:12 O our God, wilt thou not judge them? for we have no might against this great company that cometh against us; neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee.

And:
If you can just put those verses on 3 x 5 cards and have them handy, you will see there is no reason to worry. Keep a diary, and every time something bad happens wait and see the good that comes from it. Sometimes it takes a while but you will eventually see it is all for God's glory.

I will pray for you but don't forget when you both join hands and pray, He is there with you. Focus on Him and not on the troubles.

white stone

2011/2/9 15:03Profile
mamaluk

done...will continue :)

2011/2/9 15:05Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

Hang in there! Be frugal, be faithful (to God and to one another), and seek Him first (Matt. 6:33). He promised to be with you.

2011/2/9 15:31Profile

Hey Brother John, I was born in Jersey.

Brother, your post touched my heart deeply.

I agree with White_Stone's Scriptures - most especially Romans 8:28 and add 29 to that, because 29 is what "all things" are working toward in our lives.

It's not chastisement Brother - it's just the more fruit you produce, the more He'll prune, so that you're becoming more and more conformed to His Image and not what the world would describe as "successful".

Success can only be measured from His perspective or in His Eyes.

If you and your wife LOVE each other - there's nothing on earth that can condemn you. Trials just test, prove and increase Love, if we can see "all things" are working toward that Good - "for GOD 'is' Love."

You and your dear wife have my prayers and I pray that Joy that is our Strength enrich your lives and His-Peace that passes all understanding. Once we reach toward "His-Peace" then we've "conquered the world".
Rest in HIM & His Love for you both and for each other, and all these things will be added onto you.

Bless ya's ~ real good!

2011/2/9 17:10
mama27

I have prayed....There is probably not a married person on here who doesn't know what you are experiencing to one degree or another. There is a book I read some years back called "Sacred Marriage" by Gary Thomas - Its premise is "What if God designed marriage to make us holy more than to make us happy?" Romans 8:28 certainly fits well with that thought.

And also, Job 23:10 "But He knows the way I take; when He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold."

God bless you both!

2011/2/9 17:50Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

You touched my heart as well. I have no advise except to trust and believe God. Sometimes easier said than done. But you will be glad you did. "I believe Lord, but help my unbelief." No one alive, I dont think, is without hardships at one time or another. Just think of the great testimony you will have someday to share with others who are hurting on how the Lord took you through. God bless you both abundantly. I will pray with the others as well.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus look full to His wonderful face and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His and glory & grace.

I have to sing this to myself a lot.

Your both loved so much.

2011/2/9 20:13Profile

Re:

mama27, your book suggestion is "right on!"

One of the best ever written on the topic.

Bless you!

2011/2/9 22:19

Hello Brother John, I do no what it means to be right down to nothing. And there is not a word that I can give you that would help. You know yourself that Jesus will take care of you. Today is just 24 hours and we sleep about 8 of those hours. When we get the news today that they are going to take the house if we don't make payment. Brother, they may end up taking the house, but that doesn't mean it's the end. There are other houses out there and trusting in the Lord is hard work. My prayer for you is that you don't drown in your despair, but that you simply trust that God is working on your behalf.

Trusting is hard when the cupboards are bare and there is no gas in the car to get to work. We have heard the stories of faith how that God supplied that great man of God milk to feed his orphanage when a milk truck broke down and he had to get rid of the milk or it would go bad.

My Pastor in his early days of preaching when the offering plate offered very little trusting God to feed his 7 children. Their faith stretched to the limit, a knock came at the door, a business man stood there crying asking him to forgive him. He said, "I am two days late, I kept hearing this voice to buy groceries and take them to this house and I kept putting it off until I couldn't stand it anymore." The wait paid off and he brought in box after box of food to fill the cupboard.

1 Peter 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

It's not life's bad blows, it's not bad luck, it's the trying of your faith. Even when it looks like all hell is against you, even when hell seems to be victorious, suddenly there is a resurrection.

Father, I can only ask that you supply this couple with the needs they need. If John is out of job, open up a door that he is able to work.

With all your strength, keep trusting Him, it will pay off.

2011/2/9 22:32
seekhymm

montana

I will be praying for you both.
Keep your mind on his promises, and love one another.
May God bless you brother.

2011/2/9 22:53Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy