SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What happens to the righteous when they die?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

If we have eternal life in Christ, how can Christ die?

He cannot and we cannot, we only are being planted, the corn of wheat in the ground to be raised again. We are the Temple of the Holy Spirit, He cannot die either. If I am absent from this clay pot or wine skin, Christ, the Holy Spirit and the Father are still with us forever.

I don't know how He will accomplish my eternal life, but this one thing I know, Where as I was blind but now I see.
Christ is life, even in death. He rose again and so shall we physically. We are already alive from the death. We are already resurrected with Him in life. The Physical is just the outward manifestitation of our eternal life. To dye is truly Gain. I will truly be present with the Lord.
Amen.

Alive in Christ: Phillip

2011/2/9 18:25Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re: What happens to the righteous when they die?

Let's start by looking at the Mount of Transfiguration. We have all read in the Gospel of Mathew.... how Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves, and Jesus was transfigured before them; and His face shone like the sun, and His garments became as white as light and how "Moses" and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him.

So here we have it, Moses DIED before entering the promised land. And yes Moses did die...
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy%2034:1-5&version=NKJV

But there is Moses clearly alive talking with Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration. Some people will say and insist that Moses was already resurrected when that took place, but what does scripture say?

Does it not say that Jesus is the first-fruit of those who rose from the dead?

But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 1 Corinthians 15:20

That means that NO ONE will rise from the dead before Jesus, but there was Moses clearly talking with Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration, before His death on the cross, and before He was resurrected from the dead.

...so now it can be reasonable deduced that Moses was in "spirit form" when he appeared to Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration and NOT in physical form, because Jesus is the first (according to scripture) to rise from the dead in a "glorified resurrected body" and NOT Moses.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Cor%2015:35&version=KJV

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Phil%203:21&version=KJV

2011/2/9 18:50Profile
kwamenat

Re:

Browndi,

I agree with you. I know most people will like to think that their love ones are in heaven right now because it makes them feel better but this is not biblical. They are "asleep" (unconscious). When Christ comes the dead in Christ shall rise and those alive who are in Christ will be taken up as well to spend eternity with him. I long for that day. May He find us faithful!

2011/2/9 18:51Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:
by kwamenat on 2011/2/9 13:51:23

Browndi,

I agree with you. I know most people will like to think that their love ones are in heaven right now because it makes them feel better but this is not biblical. They are "asleep" (unconscious).

Then how do you explain Moses on the Mount of Transfiguration? Moses died, but there he was appearing to Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration!

2011/2/9 18:59Profile
kwamenat

Re:

Earendel,

Point well taken.

However, are you saying that all those who died in Christ are in heaven right now?

If so, Lazarus (Martha & Mary's brother) surely will not pleased that Jesus brought him back to this earth after tasting a glimpse of heaven :-)

2011/2/9 19:15Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

kwamenat,

Since you seem to be a strong proponent of SDA teachings I wonder if you could tell us if you agree with these other things that they teach?

1) Ellen G. White’s writings are as inspired as the Bible.

2) "Those who are living upon the earth when the intercession of Christ shall cease in the sanctuary above are to stand in the sight of a holy God without a mediator." (The Great Controversy, p. 425).

3) In the last days, just before Jesus returns, only those worshipping on Saturday will be saved. Worshipping on Sunday will be the mark of the beast.

4) The atonement was not completed at the cross, but is still in the process of being completed.

2011/2/9 19:28Profile

Re:

never mind

2011/2/9 19:31
staff

Re:

Hi Earendel,
My understanding is that both Lazarus and Moses would still be with the old testement saints in Paradise or Abrahams Bosom until Jesus Death when in matthew 27:51 we see the graves open.So Lazarus wasnt been brought back from heaven but Abrahams Bosom but would not be going back to Abrahams bosom the next time he died.Staff

2011/2/9 19:38Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:
by staff on 2011/2/9 14:38:38

Hi Earendel,
My understanding is that both Lazarus and Moses would still be with the old testement saints in Paradise or Abrahams Bosom until Jesus Death when in matthew 27:51 we see the graves open.So Lazarus wasnt been brought back from heaven but Abrahams Bosom but would not be going back to Abrahams bosom the next time he died.Staff

Luke 16:26 (New King James Version)

26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.’

"Abraham's Bosom" This was before Jesus made propitiation for our sins.

There was a place for the righteous dead (the elect according to foreknowledge) which was separate from the damned.

For until the time that Jesus Christ made an eternal sacrifice for our sins, the way into the holiest of all (the presence of God) was blocked...because of sin.

But Jesus Christ, with His own blood entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption for us. He, having taken away the enmity that was between God and man, made propitiation for our sins - removing the enmity that was between God and man - that is to say He removed our sins forever.

It was not until sin was removed (through the cross of Christ), and the righteous requirements of the law were fulfilled (absence of sin), that the way into the holiest of all (God's direct presence, which people call heaven) was made available, even to us who through obedience to the faith in Christ Jesus are made righteous by His shed blood...in that He took away our sins, and in the absence of sin, ALL the righteous requirements of the law are fulfilled. Therefore, because of this, God's presence first came to us (the Holy Ghost), as a seal and a promise of that which is to come - that we may go to Him.

Mo more Abraham's bosom, but God's direct presence.

2011/2/9 20:10Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

1 Thessalonians 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

Where is God bringing them from? Sleep but able to be brought with Jesus for the first resurrection, of which the second death has no hold on.

In Christ: Phillip

2011/2/9 20:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy