SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Asking prayer about homosexual, potentially demonized, Muslim background friend

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Renoncer

Asking prayer about homosexual, potentially demonized, Muslim background friend

Dear brothers and sisters in the Lord Jesus Christ,
I am bringing up this most urgent need for prayers. I have a friend for whom some have already prayed, who under unusual circumstances has had to confess his homosexuality to me. Although he wasn't ready to give up everything for Christ at first, he has now come back to me and said that he wants to be set free from homosexuality.

He understands the Gospel, and wants freedom in Christ. However, he is still in deep bondage. He is a refugee from Mali, who was badly beaten when the Muslim tribal leaders and religious leaders learned about his homosexuality. They cursed him by the spirits of their ancestors, and were ready to kill him, but he fled the country and came here to Portland, Maine.

When I met with him last Sunday, I distinctly discerned something evil that keeps him in bondage. Now, I am thinking of meeting with him tonight to minister the word of Christ to him, so that he may know the truth, and that the truth would set him free. If the Son sets him free, he will be free indeed.

Please pray for the Holy Spirit to come and deliver him from this bondage, for he is a slave to sin and the devil, but wants to be set free. He said he wants to turn from homosexuality, but that he is unable to resist this temptation. Pray for the light of God in the face of Christ to shine upon him, that he may be set free and saved. Please pray also for protection upon me (and my wife).

Your brother in Christ,
Renoncer

2011/2/8 6:53Profile
jimp

Re: Asking prayer about homosexual, potentially demonized, Muslim background friend

hi, when you enter into covenant relationship with someone the lesser person benifits from this covenant not the greater.Jesus cut the covenant for your friend and for you and i. we then have the benifit of being in Christ and Christ in us and are jiont heirs with Him. repentance is not giving up all your sins for if you could do that you would not need a redeemer. repentance is turning the rule of your life over to Jesus.at this point the Holy Spirit takes over the life and starts to empower one to be delivered from the sin that so easily besets him.jimp

2011/2/8 7:16Profile
RainMan

Re: Asking prayer about homosexual, potentially demonized, Muslim background friend

The issue is not behavior, but what is the root of this behaviour. His homosexuality is a symptom not a disease. The disease is sin and sin leads to hell(terminal). When we are cured of a disease the symptoms will fade away and vanish. When we dont treat the disease and treat the symptom we are only masking the issue. That is tantamount to me asking the lord to deliver me from lying or stealing(my sinful nature will always find an avenue to express its wickedness) Christ saves, rest assured brother you are in my prayers. Believe that God is able to do what he says he will do and do not doubt it. Ask the lord for specific instructions in dealing with your friend. Address the root of his issue share the gospel and expect the lord to show up. These kind of strong holds are potentially demonic in origin and family history but remember you weapons of warfare are not carnal but mighty to the pulling down of strongholds. Do not walk by sight....

2011/2/8 10:45Profile
Renoncer

Re:

Just for clarification, my friend is not saved. I am sorry if my previous comment wasn't clear. There is head knowledge, but no regeneration. Before I can help him overcome temptation, he needs to be set free from slavery to sin. Thankfully, that is what Jesus promises to those who truly believe.

She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for He will save his people from their sins.
(Matthew 1:21)

We know that our old self was crucified with Him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. For one who has died has been set free from sin.
(Romans 6:6-7)

Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.
(1 John 3:8)

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome. For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith.
(1 John 5:3-4)

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
(John 8:36)

The devil wants people to think that there is NOT TRULY victory over sin to those that are in Christ Jesus, so as to keep people in bondage and slavery. Let us not listen to Satan. Let us listen to God.

----------------------------------

As for an update, I could not get a hold of him today. I will try again and see when I can meet with him.

I want to thank those who are praying for him. This is truly an intense spiritual battle, and the evil one is shooting all his arrows at us. For the past few months, God has moved powerfully in our assembly. In order to try to stop that great work, the devil is using people to try to discourage us. Please pray that such people would be convicted of their sin and repent.

2011/2/8 21:24Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy