SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Keep My Heart Right With Thee!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Keep My Heart Right With Thee!

Saints,

I read this and was blessed by its testimony and thought I would post it here, let us press on in Our Lord Jesus, in Him is life!

---

In these days of great deception and distraction, a request was recently impressed upon my heart in prayer: "I know not when you'll call me home -- Oh, keep my heart right with Thee!" That simple request is growing into a hymn, but is still very much a work in progress...I thank the Lord for this new hymn and for all things.

My Lord, my Savior, I know not when
You'll choose to call me home;
Help me to live in light of the Day
When I'll stand before Thy throne.

Hand to the plow, not looking back,
And by Thy Spirit led,
Grant Thine humble servant
each day sweet daily Bread.

And water from the fountain
Freely flowing from Thine heart,
And passage safely home to Thee,
never again to part.

An account of every idle word
You will require of me;
I know not when you'll call me home -
Oh, keep my heart right with Thee!

- - - - - - -

"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment." (Matthew 12:36)

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil." (2 Corinthians 5:10)

- - - - - - -

I look around at the comfortable room I'm renting, at my iphone an employer handed down to me, my macbook, numerous Bibles... and it occurs to me that in some countries believers cherish even a scrap of a verse...and it occurs to me that my brothers and sisters are sick or in prison or being tortured for Christ all over the world.

And if I should die unexpectedly tomorrow, and stand before the throne of my God, would I be able to say I'd honestly poured out my life to Him as an offering? If His heart is with the widows and the fatherless and the poor....why is mine not with them more? More importantly, why is it only my heart that is with them and not my hands? Lord, deliver me from hypocrisy and all that would keep me from following you. "Take my life and let it be consecrated, Lord to Thee" !

2011/2/5 23:50Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy