SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Accusing God of Child Neglect by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

Accusing God of Child Neglect by David Wilkerson

Dearly Beloved:

TOO MANY CHRISTIANS STAY DOWN IN THE DEPTHS, IN TOTAL DESPONDENCY.

For many believers, sinking to the bottom means the end. They become so overwhelmed by their failures that they develop a sense of unworthiness. Over time they feel trapped beyond any help. Isaiah wrote of such believers, "O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted" (Isaiah 54:11).

Some eventually get mad at God. They grow tired of waiting for him to move, so they cry out accusingly: "Lord, where were you when I needed you? I called to you for deliverance, but you never answered. I've done everything I know to do—yet I'm still not free. I'm tired of repenting and crying, without ever seeing any change. Where are you, God? Have you forsaken me completely?"

After a while, many such believers simply quit trying. They end up giving themselves over to their flesh

Others fall into a fog of spiritual apathy. They're convinced God no longer cares about them. They tell themselves, "My way is hid from the Lord, and my judgment is passed over from my God" (Isaiah 40:27). "The Lord has forsaken me, and my Lord has forgotten me" (49:14).

Still others end up focusing all their attention on their failure. They try to keep themselves in a constant state of conviction. But this only brings on more bewilderment. They end up crying, "Our sins be upon us, and we pine away in them, how should we then live?" (Ezekiel 33:10).

The fact is, feeling conviction is not an end in itself. When we're humbled by guilt and sorrow over our sin, we're not supposed to settle into those feelings. They're meant to drive us to the end of ourselves—and to the victory of the cross!

Dear one, rest assured: The Lord hears your cry. Not only that, he is with you in the midst of your trial. You are going to know his victory for you—in his appointed time. Until then, draw on his comfort and grace.

David held onto his faith—and God met him. "This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles" (Psalm 34:6). The Lord will do the same for you.

"You may read the Pulpit Series on "Child Neglect" at this link. It is too long to post. I do know this that it has spoken to my heart and lifted me up and I know it will do it for you as well.) Glory to God!

http://www.worldchallenge.org/node/12048

2011/2/3 12:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy