SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Evangelical, LDS seek common ground

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Evangelical, LDS seek common ground

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

For the first time in 105 years, a preacher of another faith was at the pulpit of the Tabernacle on Temple Square on Sunday night, urging evangelical Christians and Mormons to turn to Jesus Christ.

"When you get the Son, you get the way, the truth and the life," said Ravi Zacharias, a philosopher and author who was invited by Standing Together, a network of 100 evangelical churches that is trying to improve relations with members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Zacharias' visit, and the fact that nearly 5,000 evangelicals and Latter-day Saints sat together on Temple Square, was heralded as the beginning of a new era to replace one of mistrust.

"I'm not being melodramatic when I say this is an historic occasion," said Richard Mouw, president of Fuller Theological Seminary in California, who has been involved for several years in discussions among Protestant and Mormon theologians and was invited to speak prior to Zacharias.

Mouw confessed that evangelicals have sinned against Latter-day Saints.

2004/11/15 20:44Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Re: Evangelical, LDS seek common ground

Could you explain futher please? I do not understand.

2004/11/15 22:47Profile

Re: truly in the days of the anti-christ

Now I KNOW how sullied and perverted the moniker "evangelical" has become now that "evangelicals" are consorting and frolicking with one of the many deceptions the devil has foisted upon the hungry children of God. Light does not fellowship with darkness. But what should one expect from those who have wedded themselves to a political party. This is the fruit, and it is rotten.

(I repent from the above and wish to say that I love all.......no jokes, no sarcasm....just real Holy Ghost conviction)

2004/11/15 23:46
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: truly in the days of the anti-christ

Hey Neil,

Perhaps this is not as it seems. Ravi Zacharias is a very intelligent Christan and I don't see him as one to be compromising truth when he is such a strong defender of the truth. You can bet he isn't after watering down anything.

Have you ever read or listened to any of his thoughts? Here is his site: [url=http://www.rzim.org/]http://www.rzim.org/[/url]

Don't see this as cavorting with the 'enemy', I'm thinking more along the lines of Mars Hill.
Ravi can go toe to toe with any atheist (not that that is the goal) and knows alternative religious constructs better than many I have ever heard.

Check out some articles and/or download some messages;
[url=http://www.rzim.org/publications/resources.php]http://www.rzim.org/publications/resources.php[/url]

2004/11/16 0:33Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
Could you explain futher please? I do not understand.

Hi Adam,

Not familiar with this ministry that is mentioned in the article. It would be very disheartening if this was anything other than reaching out to those who have been misled and bringing them into the Light. Think this can be misconstrued on the surface, that compromise is at hand. But knowing what I have gleaned from Ravi, I just don't see it. I could be wrong and it remains to be seen where this will go from here. That the Mormons allowed Ravi to speak to them on their 'turf' is actually quite remarkable. Would love to hear what he had to say...Perhaps we will be able to at some later point. Check out the links in the other reply though if you want to see where he is coming from.

2004/11/16 0:42Profile

forgive me Mike

I'm feeling ornery, and have been listening to too much Ian Paisley and not spending enuff time on my face begging to be annointed with the Love of God.

Sending my loving prayers to you brother
Neil

2004/11/16 0:47
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: forgive me Mike

Brother.

Hey Neil,

That inflection thing again. No pointed questions just actual inquires. Ravi really has blessed me in times where I needed my brain rearranged,(which is often) it's a whole different approach, highly recommended exercise... :-)

Also, know a bit about ornery...there was the Strom thread recently...

Quote:
not spending enuff time on my face face begging to be annointed with the Love of God

Amen to that, same here, let's change that.

You have my prayers as well my friend.

2004/11/16 23:23Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Ravi Zacarais was simply given an open door to proclaim the true gospel to Mormons. Its something to pray about fervently that God will begin a tidal wave of belief in the mormons hearts to come to the living Christ.

2004/11/16 23:40Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re: Evangelical, LDS seek common ground

By all means let improve are standing with the devil.Devil please tell me about sin and I'll tell you about salvation. will he listen, he talked to the son of man did he listen or did he try to change the one who God the Father sent? WELL did he listen?
you play with a snake and you will get bitten
you know who you are playing with when you pick up a snake,so don't be suprised when you get a BITE!!!
comman ground a snake crawls on the ground we as men of God walk on his head. "as It is written"

2004/11/16 23:44Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy