SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Quote by Richard Wurmbrand

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
StarofG0D

United States

Quote by Richard Wurmbrand

"I believed also that nobody is more a Christian. I had read in the Bible that there will be in the last time the great apostasy, that people will leave the faith and I believed that I lived now this time. But I said to myself if Christianity is dead, I will sit at its tomb and will weep until it arises again, just as Mary Magdalene sat at the tomb of Jesus and wept until Jesus showed Himself. Then when I came out of prison I saw Christianity is not dead. The number of practicing Christians in Rumania according to the figures given by the Communists themselves in 20 years of Communist dictatorship has grown 300 percent."

-Richard Wurmbrand

2011/1/27 22:23Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re: Quote by Richard Wurmbrand

Hallelujah for this! Hallelujah!!

I used to say we have kicked God out of the US. And one day the Holy Spirit said to me. I am God, I am the Creator. I can't be kicked out! I am on the Throne, I rule and reign! My response was, Oh, of course my Lord, please forgive me. No one can kick You out!!! How silly of me.

Now I say we are kicking out His commandments, His Righteous ways etc. While other Countries are embracing Him and His Righteousness even more. But then again, there are some in the US that are selling out more for the Lord and giving up worldly desires and ways as well. And I say Glory to God for this. I know personally since I have been on SI I have given up things, my eyes more on the things of the Lord. More of my heart has been turned over to Him.

There are some Churches where the Pastor is getting the sheep ready for what is to come and getting them ready for the people He will be bringing to them. Praises to the Lord for these Pastors. They will surely be usured into Eternity with the Lord's voice, Well done thou good and faithful servant. And our part is to pray more intensely for Pastors all over to get on their knees and seek God.

I get excited about what the Lord is doing, what may seem small to me or the grander things. I just get excited about Him. He loves His creation and we bless Him and we cause Him to weep.

When things get tough here for us there will be a calling out to Him. All those seeds we have planted and watered in people will be stirred and people will have a choice to call upon Him and embrace Him or curse Him.

For Jesus' sake I pray most will call upon Him and embrace Him. For He is worthy! Come Lord Jesus, Come.

2011/1/28 12:04Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Quote:
I used to say we have kicked God out of the US. And one day the Holy Spirit said to me. I am God, I am the Creator. I can't be kicked out! I am on the Throne, I rule and reign! My response was, Oh, of course my Lord, please forgive me. No one can kick You out!!! How silly of me.

Amen sister.
I went through I time where I was very discouraged about the church, and this verse encouraged me.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

As much as He is alive today, so is His church. As much as sin, Hell, and death are defeated, so shall His church be found manifesting His life and presence.

Rom 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

2011/1/28 12:36Profile
blandina

Re:

Richard Wurmbrand said that in 14 years of confinement he forgot every Bible verse and Bible story he ever knew. They use to play very loud propaganda thru speakers 24/7. Even though he forgot everything, he always remembered the name of Jesus. He would repeat the name of Jesus, over and over again.

Christianity will never die, because Jesus won't die. And though everything in a Believer's life may be stripped away, the name of Jesus will always be a high tower that the righteous run into and are safe.

Hallelujah!

2011/1/28 13:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy