SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Please pray!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
foofee

Please pray!

I am asking all of those who feel led and who truly believe in the power of prayer to pray for my strength in the Lord. The enemy wants nothing more than to take me out any way he can, and he knows that the easiest way to do so is through my family; mom, sister, and twin brother ESPECIALLY! I have ALWAYS had unexplainable issues concerning my mom, and how she views me, treats me, etc. Our relationship is so crazy that it has driven me to the point of contemplating suicide since grade school. Lately, my mother, sister, and twin brother have been a force to reckon with. I feel ganged up on by all three of them at times, and tonight is one of those times, and it is taking everything out of me.

I just feel tired. I am starting to feel hopeless. They have an ability to make me feel worthless and not worthy of being a part of the family at times. I get the blame for the dysfunction that is us as if no one can see the hurt within me as well as confusion. With everything that I am going through... losing my home, car, friends, no money, and just an all around struggle, the last thing I need is for my family to make me continue to feel like the "black sheep" that I have always felt that I am. I feel looked down upon and therefore just overwhelmed with hurt, and shame for not living the life like that of my very fortunate family.

Just please pray for me that I hold onto God's promises, and don't give way for the enemy to come in and cause more havoc.

Thank you,

Felicia

2011/1/26 22:35Profile

Re: Please pray!

Hey Felicia,

Jesus loves you. Even if the whole world was to abandon you, you have a Father in heaven that loves you. Look to HIm and Him alone and in Him you will find the grace and stregnth to carry on. He gives strenght to the weak, He gives power to the weary, fall into His arms tonight and know that He is a Father to the Father-less. Your worth is not counted in the money that you have or the career that is faltering, your worth is that your a child of the living God. You cry out to Him tonight Felicia, you look to Jesus and in His arms you will find rest for your soul............brother Frank

2011/1/26 23:31
HeartSong

I am praying for you dear one.

Dark Shadows in my Mind

There is a song within my heart, the beauty of he light.
It reveals the very best of things and disregards the night.
The light is there for all to see but some don't even try.
Others look then turn away. I can't imagine why.

The love that lies within the light seems obvious to me.
And everything it touches is adored assuredly.
It discloses unseen treasures that everywhere abound.
Within our heart and mind and soul and then to all around.

Despite the light there seems to be dark shadows in my mind.
They ride the winds of discontent and seed themselves with time.
With light obscured, the beauty fades, the issues start to rain.
My heart folds in upon itself with overwhelming pain.

Some that I love, they fail to see, the light that lies within.
They say I’m cold and heartless - that my life is filled with sin.
My flaws are often pointed out with sorrow and disdain.
They take away the things I love and tell me I'm to blame.

The more I give, the more they want, its never quite enough.
They set me up, then knock me down and say that I am tough.
I'm not what I'm supposed to be. I never do it right.
They push, they pull, they shove, they jest - oh Lord where is the light?

My mind goes round it starts to spin I want to make the change.
I try and try to no avail. It just won't rearrange.
The fear of failure I have known. The deep despair it brings.
And now it seems I’ve failed again - again the same old thing.

Where is the light, where has it gone? I know that it is there.
But I’m trapped within this darkness with no hope anywhere.
And then a flicker in my mind - the light that lies within.
Oh Lord please get me out of this, I want to see again.

The light breaks through from up above to shine upon my face.
It surrounds my heart with wonder - the beauty of his grace.
With all aglow, I clearly see the shadows in retreat.
The issues lie forgotten in small puddles round my feet.

The light provides the strength I need to face into the wind.
To stand against the darkness for the truth that lies within.
For all is loved most certainly, it’s our choice how we see.
And in the presence of the light, dark shadows always flee.

2011/1/26 23:48Profile

Can I walk upon this water
In the midst of this mighty sea
Surely I will stumble, surely I will drown
Oh Lord how can this be

The waves are high and the wind it howls
And the rain it lashes down
Yet you are there, I see you Lord
Now I know I shall not drown

Then the thunder roars and the lightening flashes
High above in the angry skies
Dark clouds rising, set on fire
To them do I lift my eyes

Heavier now the rain is falling
The noise so loud I cannot think
The lightening fractures the sky above
And my legs, they begin to sink

I look around , eyes wide with terror
As all this madness does unfold
I look once more, there , it’s Jesus
In the midst of the storm , standing bold

I am your peace when all hell breaks loose
Devils and demons flee
In the storm, in the night, when all breaks down
Remember , keep your eyes upon me.

2011/1/26 23:55
ccchhhrrriiisss

Praying.

2011/1/27 1:20Profile
foofee

Re:

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! May God truly bless you as you have all been a blessing unto me! Thank you for the songs. You have no idea of how they have touched my soul tonight. As I read both of them... I started to regain a little bit of my joy back. I know God is in control, but sometimes I stumble, and have to be reminded that He is right there to keep me from falling. I thank Him now for the pain, because it keeps me mindful of how much I really do need HIM! Once again thank you and may God truly bless you!

2011/1/27 2:02Profile

Re:

Dear Sister, I am just now being reunited with my family after 38 yrs of being away from them. MAN it's been difficult. I could relate to much of what you're under. Well, I am having to admit that "what others think of me" is my weak point. I stay so worried wondering if I'm doing enough for Dad - does he or they think this or that about me? He's not saved at all, none are - so it's hard not having anything much that he/they would want to talk about -- such as his love for discussing evolution etc.
I'm the "black sheep" too because rather than seeking the career that they thought I would back when, I became a Christian and one that could care less about the standards of wealth that they feel is their only "security".
It's hard to live near unsaved loved ones and worse to live "with them" if you are.
I'm learning to just 'smile', not sarcastically, but from my heart - that GOD loves me and He's my Father and the Saints are my Family but I'm here to see them get saved in the end.
'We' can't let what others think about us take us down - I'm with you on that one, on a daily basis. What's helping me was remembering the story of Joseph and his brothers.
One day, The LORD showed me that he allows 'all' that we grow up in, and the family that we have, to make us into the person that He wants us to be. He was showing me the life stories of all of those through-out the Bible. I have to remind myself of that as well, when I'm suddenly startled by cutting words. When the blow comes at you by surprise when you've left all that you love to be here For them, you're not ready for that type surprise attack and can get quite hurt. Thank GOD for the nighttime. To get back GOD's perspective and allow Him to heal and explain the wounds.

I'd appreciate if you'd pray me through this experience as well Felicia. You have my prayers and love in Christ.
I think He's preparing us for the not too distant future Sis. We need to be toughened up and they'll need to know the reason for our hope.
Phew. Boot Camp! Oy! :)

2011/1/27 8:51
foofee

Re:

Thank God for you Jesus-Is-God and the work He is doing through you and for you! It's so refreshing to know that I have a sister in Christ who understands what I am going through and who is able to lead me back to the source of all of our strength. I prayed and cried out to God, but when I tell you that the blow that I received last night from the one's that I would think would truly love me the most knocked me off my feet... It did that! IT HURT SO BAD to feel like none of them could or even wanted to understand my pain and suffering, but instead wanted to throw accusations and blame my way.

Sadly, I woke this morning still feeling the pressure of last nights attack, but I am with the help of God trying to renew my mind by speaking God's word into my situation, and when I do I feel a little better. Thank you ONCE AGAIN for you encouraging words, and wisdom.

Ephesians 3:14-21

14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. 20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

2011/1/27 14:29Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Your family does not hate you, it is the enemy within them that hates you. And actually, he does not hate you, but rather the Christ that is within you.

This situation that you are in is actually a great blessing. If you, despite how you are treated, love your family and show kindness to them - return love for hatred - the powers of darkness will be defeated for they can not stand against love, especially sacrificial love, and that should truly encourage your heart for it is in this that the LORD will use you to bring them to Christ.

Each blow upon the nails that pierced the hands of Christ, was a blow against the powers of darkness. Each blow that was meant to bind, was actually bringing forth release; and as HIS hands, each blow that we absorb will in effect secure the same for Jesus Christ was, and is, the perfect sacrifice.

2011/1/30 12:55Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

yes

2011/1/30 14:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy