SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Osteen: Homosexuality Is Sin

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Osteen: Homosexuality Is Sin

Looks like my Pastor might just be coming around, Thank you Lord!

Osteen: Homosexuality Is Sin
Pastor Discusses Issue On 'Piers Morgan Tonight'

HOUSTON -- Houston pastor Joel Osteen is talking about topics he rarely discusses -- homosexuality and sin.

Osteen told CNN's Piers Morgan on "Piers Morgan Tonight" that he believes homosexuality is a sin because it's referenced as such in the Bible.

Morgan asked about singer Elton John and his partner, David Furnish.

"Why are they sinners in your eyes?" Morgan asked.

"Well, it's strictly back to what the scripture says. I can't grab one part that says God wants you to be blessed and live an abundant life and not grab the other part and say, 'Live that kind of life.' It comes back to the scripture," Osteen answered.

Osteen also said civil unions are wrong because that is what the scripture says.

"The scriptures shows that it's a sin," said Osteen. "But you know, I'm not one of those that are out there to bash homosexuals and tell them that they're terrible people and all of that. I mean, there are other sins in the Bible, too. I don't believe homosexuality is God's best for a person's life."

In the same interview, Osteen said several members of his church are homosexuals.

Osteen has been criticized for never mentioning sin in his sermons at his megachurch, Lakewood Church.

Lakewood has the largest congregation in the United States, averaging more than 43,500 people in attendance per week.

The full interview on "Piers Morgan Tonight" airs Wednesday at 8 p.m. on CNN.

2011/1/25 19:10Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re: Osteen: Homosexuality Is Sin

Praise God for this! I pray also that he will have God's heart on all things and begin to preach them boldly. Better to pray than to criticize! And we see here the fruit of some of our prayers. Glory to God. Thanks for sharing this. And let's keep praying for him and others as well. No one and nothing is impossible with our God! Wow! 43,500 plus viewers getting a passion for Christ! Wont that be something to shout about!! And because we prayed! Glory to God. Never give up! Jesus never gives up on us. Praise Him!

2011/1/26 19:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy