SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Backlash over Georgia's "Evolution is a theory, not a fact" stickers

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
InigoMontoya

Michigan

Backlash over Georgia's "Evolution is a theory, not a fact" stickers

http://www.cnn.com/2004/EDUCATION/11/12/evolution.embarrassment.ap/index.html

2004/11/14 11:25Profile
PastorEdP

Clinch Mountain, Virginia

Re: Backlash over Georgia's "Evolution is a theory, not a fact" sticke

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. (Romans 1:22-23)

This goes not only for the worldly ones but for some Christians as well. On some of these issues, one is as bad as the other.

It does not glorify God to purposefully invite derision from non-Christians. We're supposed to win them to Christ, not chase them away!

Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: (Hebrews 12:14)

2004/11/14 13:53Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

The main issue in the treads under the heading ”Intercession and current events” is how to pray for the items presented.
How do we go about this subject – any suggestions, any impressions while praying?
Lars W.

2004/11/14 13:58Profile
PastorEdP

Clinch Mountain, Virginia

Re:

I think the answer to that question is fairly clear. I, for one, am going to pray that Christians heed the advice of the writer of Hebrews and, with the help of Almighty God, strive to live in peace with his neighbor. I don't remember the exact verse, but Paul also offered the same counsel.

2004/11/14 14:09Profile
dougkristen

Re: Backlash over Georgia's "Evolution is a theory, not a fact" sticke

Do you know where these bumperstickers are available?

Grace,
DOug

2004/11/15 1:46Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy