PosterThread
Shanu

Best quotes by Ravenhill

"Today’s church wants to be raptured from responsibility."

"If weak in prayer, we are weak everywhere."

"Men give advice; God gives guidance."

"Are the things you are living for worth Christ dying for?"

"A sinning man stops praying, a praying man stops sinning"

"The only reason we don't have revival is because we are willing to live without it!"

"God pity us that after years of writing, using mountains of paper and rivers of ink, exhausting flashy terminology about the biggest revival meetings in history, we are still faced with gross corruption in every nation, as well as with the most prayerless church age since Pentecost."

"The Church used to be a lifeboat rescuing the perishing. Now she is a cruise ship recruiting the promising."

"The opportunity of a lifetime must be seized within the lifetime of the opportunity."

"My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."

"If Jesus had preached the same message that ministers preach today, He would never have been crucified."

"Entertainment is the devil's substitute for joy"

2011/1/18 22:47Profile
HeartSong

Re: Put on the shield of faith

Thank you brother! A timely word. God bless you.

2011/1/18 23:29Profile
boG

Las Vegas, NV

My apologies if I sound confused. But you are using terms and expressions in ways that I would like to understand better, to know where you are coming from.

Quote:
the armor of God is to put on the consciousness of Christ"

What is "the consciousness of Christ"?

Quote:
Satan throws fiery darts by causing you to look at the physical mountain. He sows doubts in your heart. These thoughts can rob your faith, and make you respond just like Israel. But if you hold the shield of faith (if you put your faith in Jesus’ finished work), none of these thoughts can shake you.

Like Joshua and Caleb, you will reject every negative thought and confess your faith in Jesus. When you do so, the fiery darts will be quenched and you will stand in victory ground.

Today, we have something better than Joshua and Caleb. They had faith in God, but under the New Covenant, we have the faith of God. Even when we are weak, we just need to rest in Jesus and allow His faith to energize us from within.

Did I miss the part about the work of Christ saving us from our sins and redeeming us from the curse of the law? No, it's just not there. Is this about having an eternal, heavenly perspective or is the New Covenant about having a positive attitude and positive thoughts while living in this present evil age?

Quote:
you will reject every negative thought

Might we have some examples of these "negative thoughts"? So far I see "the physical mountain" and an ambiguous reference to "many adverse circumstances" and "doubts."

Quote:
They had faith in God, but under the New Covenant, we have the faith of God.

Would you please define the difference between having "faith in God" and having "the faith of God."

Quote:
we just need to rest in Jesus and allow His faith to energize us from within.

Eh? What do you mean by "allow [Jesus'] faith to energize us from within"?

2011/1/19 7:13Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Hi boG,

The article made perfect sense to me. Here is my interpretation of some of your questions.

"...the consciousness of Christ..." = be aware that HE right here with me so I do not try to stand in my own strength

"reject every negative thought..." = rebuke the whisperings of Satan

"...faith of GOD..." = be aware of HIS Presence; that HE is with me and that HE is GOD

"...energize us from within..." = let the LORD work through me

2011/1/19 11:53Profile
boG

Las Vegas, NV

Thanks, HeartSong. I am aware that the article is vague enough to allow us to "fill in the blanks," as it were. But I am curious to know what Shanu means by these things.

For example, "the consciousness of Christ" is a strange way to say one is "conscious of" or "aware of" Christ. This sounds much too similar to what I have sometimes heard called "the Christ consciousness" (a doctrine derived from Eastern philosophies and New Age mysticism).

Or, another example, differentiating between having "faith in God" and having "the faith of God." This is a distinction commonly found in the Word-Faith movement. The passage which says God "calls those things which are not, as though they were" is typically defined as what "the faith of God" is. Therefore, "the faith of God" indicates that, in Christ, we possess supernatural or creative powers (the God-kind) to alter reality with our genuine faith or spoken words (compare to Laws of Attraction).

I do not wish to judge Shanu unfairly; but, without some clarification, what I see in the article is Positive-Thinking religion (Your Best Life Now) and New Age spirituality wrapped up with some Christian terms.

2011/1/19 20:04Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Well, whatever his intentions were, his timing was perfect as there were some strange things happening right at that moment and I am fairly certain that I had forgotten to include the shield of faith when I had put on my armor that morning.

God bless you!

2011/1/19 23:31Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy