SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Tuesday Prayer Call Not on SI anymore

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Tuesday Prayer Call Not on SI anymore

Dear saints,

I wanted to write a short note to you so that you know why this is happening and also how to plug into the call if its something you have been participating in. The prayer call orginated just over 2 years ago with me and brother Merle discussing a way that we could pray for the revival conferences and the call also turned into a general call for revival while the conferences were not running.

Merle passed the leadership of the call onto Frank just over 1 year ago I believe and it has been going strong since then still. The prayer call has been faithful to uphold the revival conference events before the throne of mercy. It has been a tremendous blessing to see everyone involved whom I am blessed to know as friends. But as the writer of Eccesliastes says there is a time for everything.

The major reason the prayer call is not going to be announced on sermonindex.net is that we are not having any more revival conferences at this point, so therefore the tie-in to the prayer call doesn't have that aspect anymore.

Secondly, the prayer call though started to serve the revival conferences has grown to be its own ministry and myself and SermonIndex has not seen fit to try and control it or make it an official SermonIndex ministry. So we have felt it is more natural for the prayer call to move to it own site and continue its ministry.

Brother Frank and myself discussed this and felt there are differences of opinion towards the philosophy of revival therefore I have not felt comfortable to make the prayer call an official ministry of SermonIndex.

And lastly we do ask people don't post an announcement for it weekly because we would then need to let all other ministries post their announcements weekly, so we have to be consistent as possible. The moderators do post some events weekly for "seasons" of time to let brothers and sisters know about them such as the GFA prayer webscast.

If you are interested in plugging in with this prayer call ministry you can contact brother frank on: http://scottishwarriors.wordpress.com/

2011/1/16 12:02Profile
mama27

Re: Tuesday Prayer Call Not on SI anymore

I have 2 questions in response to this post - perhaps they belong in a different section, I don't know....

1)Why aren't there going to be any more revival conferences?
I attended the one at Indianapolis in 2009, and it was a
little piece of heaven compared to the watered-down churches
in our midst.

2)Is it easy to delineate the different positions on revival
that you mention? I am fairly new to this forum, and I have
seen some recent postings on the topic, but I don't know
that I could articulate the differences. If it is easier
to just point me to a post(s) on the differences, that
is fine. I don't want you to take time on something that
has already been done.

Thank you.

2011/1/16 16:09Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Dear brother,

great questions, let me answer them in order:

1. At this point I believe the Lord has me not doing any revival conference perhaps for the whole year or longer. I want to follow Him and His leading 100%. We might in the future start "SermonIndex.net Conferences" annually or something like that. I believe the vision and burden of the revival conferences were a testimony to Christ and it might be a closing of that testimony and a starting of a new one.

2. There are not major differences but one thing is clear that the burden of sermonindex.net is 1st to see the churches God has already setup and has a delegated authority to see them revived first! THEN to see if necessary God do new works and start it with people who would come out of a church situation. But the biblical and best model is to believe God in the midst of the world situation for revival and renewal. Also any "official" ministry of sermonindex.net needs to be interdenominational to the core and accepting of conservative and charismatic but to have the balance and acceptance for both. It is a fine line the website walks on but by the glory of God 9 years later we are somewhat on the same path!

So I suppose this post is really addressing the bigger issue that the Revival Conferences are not being held anymore at this point. Perhaps I should have reflected that in the first post more.

2011/1/16 16:36Profile
mama27

Re:

Thank you for your reply....

I am not quite sure what you mean by "the revival conferences were a testimony to Christ and it might be a closing of that testimony and a starting of a new one." Can you expound?

Also, re #2, are you saying that the major differences in the views toward revival would be between conservative and charismatic?

2011/1/16 18:52Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I am not quite sure what you mean by "the revival conferences were a testimony to Christ and it might be a closing of that testimony and a starting of a new one." Can you expound?

Hi yes I would be happy to expound for you. The Revival Conferences started each one only by prayer and by faith asking God to provide everything so every conference in different ways were an example to answered prayer like the lifes of george muller and hudson taylor but maybe not on their level! I am feeling that maybe in the near future God would have me do different conferences no emphasizing the same vision and structure in the future but still trust God by faith perhaps in different areas then the revival conferences did, ie on a money level, provision for building etc.

Quote:
Also, re #2, are you saying that the major differences in the views toward revival would be between conservative and charismatic?

All I am saying is SermonIndex has a specific vision and narrow road for revival that looks to see the genuine and authentic in all the subject of revival and takes from many different avenues of revival. Thus any ministries that continue out of SermonIndex.net much have that reality, simplicity and humility in the subject of revival. ie balance.

2011/1/16 19:01Profile

Re:

Impressive answers Brother Admin Greg.

2011/1/16 19:29
mama27

Re:

OK, I'm tracking with you now.....thanks for explaining...

2011/1/16 19:54Profile
Giggles

Re:

Quote:
Impressive answers Brother Admin Greg.

Indeed. Speech seasoned with grace. Well done sir.

2011/1/16 20:01Profile

Re:

Hi Guys,

Brother Greg has articulated it well. We have been friends for many years , starting with the Greenock conference in Scotland, my home town. We stayed together in a little cottage last year in Wales and had much time to articulate our thoughts and ideas.

I will admit to holding to, what may be considered by some, an extreme, position. This will not be any surprise to those who know me or read anything that I write on my website. I believe that to a great extent, God has finished with denominationalism and the " established church." So, will He revive that which He is finished with? I do not discount that, my own persoanl opinion is that He will not. Can and will He revive individual churches, yes I believe that He can and will.

I do believe that their will be an outpouring on Gods people, much like the piece David Wilkerson just wrote, in the last days. I believe it will be to prepare people for what is to come.

And so to end, I love brother Greg. He is a dear friend and brother in Christ. We have a honest difference of opinion on how these last days will play out, but it does not effect our fellowship or ability to fellowship, a mark of maturity I like to think :)..........brother Frank

2011/1/16 20:26

Re:

Dear Brother Frank, thank you for your take on this as well. I am glad that we all have a difference of an opinion on certain subjects. God never started Denominationalism, however, most of the people of God are wrapped up in it. It's difficult to separate the two. Each movement is different than the other. Even each movement within movements are different. Some maybe on fire for God, while others in the same movement are not. God can do a great work within these movements if a man is willing to be lead, but not all will be obedient.

It's hard to not put a name to a group, it really is. The Remnant that we have come to be known will one day have a name of some sort, perhaps the "Apostolic Remnant". But right now, we are sick and tired of what denominationalism has done to the Church in not allowing it's people to move forward and to nurture them in the faith and to grow in grace and the power of God so they can go and start ministries for themselves. It's imperative that we grow and branch out, but these movements don't want anyone to branch out.

2011/1/17 0:58

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy