SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Scientists Detail Super-Storm Threat To California

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Scientists Detail Super-Storm Threat To California

I find most of what "Scientists say" laughable anymore. Anyone who's been on this planet long enough would agree that "Science" has left it's defining boundries many decades ago and many do have a political or philosophical agenda or bias.
"Science" provides "Proof" for evolution - genes that make a person sin and the list goes on ad nauseum.

If anything - rather than turn on each other with our own bias gleened from "science", we should be turning on that "science" that contradicts His WORD. Amen.

"Scientists" have been prophesying for thousands of years.

Many would rather listen & learn from them rather than study eschatology - the true-truth of what will happen, future tense.

1Ti 6:20,21 ".., keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: which some professing have erred concerning the faith."

Rom 1:22,23 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

1Co 1:19-21 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Col_2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

1Co 3:19, 20 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

From Barnes Notes on 1Tim 6:20: "The meaning here is, that Timothy was to avoid everything which falsely laid claim to being “knowledge” or “science.” There was much of this in the world at the time the apostle wrote; and this, more perhaps than anything else, has tended to corrupt true religion since."

2011/1/16 7:21
rainydaygirl

Re:

Jesus-is-GOD - I appreciated you post and what you shared here. Just wanted to say

rdg

2011/1/16 7:59Profile
DesertRose

Boston.MA

Re:

Heart Song, why is your signature a satanic motto?

2011/1/16 8:03Profile

Re:

D.R. - I noticed somewhere posted and have also heard this said - something to the affect that "one can get saved and do what one wants."
In other words, stretching Paul's words about "all things are lawful" or "I become all things to all men" or "we're under grace now."

I noticed HeartSong's signature a month ago and thought - that should silence those type of posts - one would hope.

I believe that was her intent, to show the Source of such thinking - from knowing how she's posted during her time here.

Blessed are the pure in heart!

2011/1/16 9:06

Re: Scientists Detail Super-Storm Threat To California

Quote:
Nothing that they do shocks me.

A long time ago, someone posted a quote from a Puritan, about sinning delicately, but sinning nevertheless. Seems relevant.

I take your point Jesus-is-GOD, that He is in total control. It is up to men to be right with Him and walking in the Spirit, in case He decides to take us home. At least, I think that's part of your point.

2011/1/16 12:46

Re:

Hi AtG, That is a Sister White_Stone quote you've posted but I concur with your post. GOD help us to draw the line.

2011/1/16 14:00
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Jesus-is-God...

Quote:

Chris - do you hear your tone here ---

I added a disclaimer so that my tone would not be misinterpreted TWICE in my post. Yet, you still implicate my words with pride.

HeartSong made a claim that "The LORD has shown me..." She then went into some detail about how Satan was going to cause an earthquake during the month of May along the New Madrid fault. Now, earthquakes are common along that fault (over 100 minor quakes per year)...so I take it that she is saying that "the LORD has shown" her that Satan wants to cause a major earthquake.

So...what happens if what she claims does NOT come to pass? What if there is NO major earthquake along the New Madrid fault during the month of May? Will there be any accountability for this public claim?
Quote:

Chris, the "validity" of this is tested by waiting until June 1st, 2011. You of all people should know that... knowing the Scriptures so well and all.
The 'praying' that we should do is no different than at any other time or any other day. Just pray in the Spirit and without ceasing. The Spirit of GOD knows what we are to be praying - Rom 8.

Of course, the truthfulness of this claim can only be apparent by June 1st. However, there was a similar situation a few years ago here on SermonIndex in which a couple of well-meaning brothers made a very specific claim that even included a date. They said that the Lord had shown them that vast economic calamity during a certain calendar year. They even specifically stated that if their words didn't come to pass, then they were guilty of being false prophets.

Now, I wasn't concerned about their words, because they wouldn't change my prayerful relationship with our Lord. However, I was concerned with the impact that these claims -- if incorrect -- would have on the minds and hearts of these two very sincere believers who had been part of the SermonIndex community of believers for a long time.

Sure enough, that year came and went. None of the things that they claimed came to pass. These two brothers left our fellowship here at SermonIndex. I have pray for these believers whenever I remember them. I don't question their sincerity. I think that they really believed that "the LORD showed them" something. They weighed the consequences of whether to speak or not...and chose to speak. In the end, their words were proven false and they decided to cut their fellowship here at SermonIndex.

I have sometimes thought about that experience. What were these believers supposed to do? They truly believed that they had been shown something by God...enough to proclaim it in a very public manner. It seems that they had prepared their lives for this event too. It seemed like a lot was riding on the validity of their words or, more importantly, their ability to receive such information from the Lord and their insistence upon sharing this proclamation in such a public manner. Should they have done this so publicly? I can't pretend to know. However, it had a detrimental effect on our community for a short period of time and ended with broken fellowship.

Several years ago, a woman uttered a similar "word" during a meeting at Times Square Church. Of course, her "word" was uttered as a "thus saith the Lord." After she uttered it during the meeting that Sunday, some people even clapped. While there wasn't anything particular "wrong" with the "word" (other than it being very generic-sounding and short on details), Pastor David Wilkerson quickly offered a rebuke. He said something about how at this time in history...that God was supposedly going to possess someone's mouth to the point of having them interrupt the time of worship amongst God's people...in order to declare such a proclamation for all of God's people to hear. Pastor David asked, "And this is all that God had to say?"

He politely yet publicly rebuked the woman during the meeting and attempted to help refocus the congregation upon worshiping the Lord in truth.

Now, I am NOT making any declaration that this word from HeartSong is untrue. In fact, I think that a person who is walking with God and who truly receives such a message would actually WELCOME such a "test" of the words of believers such as these. No one is questioning the sincerity or spiritual condition of anyone else. I am merely testing the words themselves. Over the years, I have come to believe that true prophets with pure hearts before God actually welcome believers to test their words. After all, I wish nothing but God's best for all here -- including those with whom I may disagree.

Quote:

In the meantime - I don't believe that you are the final authority on what should be called "conspiracy theories" and what is not. For you to believe so would be somewhat presumptous, if not pride.

"Conspiracy theories" are not supposed to be entertained by the people of God. They have been repeatedly discouraged here at SermonIndex are are even mentioned in the Community Guidelines:
Quote:

Conspiracy and Conspiracy Theory

We believe there is certainly a conspiracy afoot, that which is present since the fall of mankind in their enmity with God. What other websites or ministries may have of a variety of present theory as it relates to what the governments of the world are doing is too much in dispute to be presented here. The New World Order and One Government system is understood in a variety of fashion. What we will not allow is unscrupulous and un-scriptural notions and ideals to foster fear and paranoia to the saints. Our trust and yours should be placed firmly in God, not in the conspiracy of the world, the flesh or the devil. We will monitor these things in our best discretion but do not bring in ministries or other agendas devoted to these mandates.

Now, no one meandered into specific claims about HAARP. However, it was mentioned. There are plenty of conspiracy theories about HAARP throughout the internet (including in "discernment" websites) that are nothing more than vain imaginations that are akin to "old wives tales" -- which the Word of God tells us to "refuse" or "have nothing to do with" (I Timothy 4:7). Of course, we are supposed to TEST all things (I Thessalonians 5:21). I think that this should be welcomed in our attempts to have a pure and undefiled tongue.
Quote:

As I read your posts, these Scriptures came, regarding the way in which you are speaking to Sisters in the LORD and other men's wives. If you are going to moderate - than Scripturally, you may be moderated by The Body as well.
"Accountability" goes both ways Brother.

I don't understand what you are implying. Perhaps you would care to be specific? I have no problem with you attempting to caution me about any words that I may have written. However, there is accountability for you...me...and everyone...in regard to what we say or claim. There is also accountability for those who would mention a conspiracy theory or utter a prophetic word that they claim "the LORD showed" them. At what point and manner does that accountability achieve fruition? If a person utters a specific prophetic claim that does NOT come to pass (or those that do), how are they held accountable if we are discouraged from "testing" such things? It seems that since we are supposed to even judge the words of men and angels (Galatians 1:8), that sincere believers would welcome such accountability for our words.

2011/1/16 14:59Profile

Re:

Chris, I believe that many people have read this page, .defense.gov/transcripts/transcript.aspx?transcriptid=674 - and have come out with some of what they believe since then (13 yrs ago), by further research.

My point is not so much whether we agree with these things or not and I don't believe anyone here has broken any 'rules' regarding this topic, by merely stating their opinion.

My point is how we treat these matters of "science" and how one can claim to know enough to call anyone else's opinion "conspiracy theories". That's a dig at the intelligence of those who are represented on this thread - and a claim to your having more intelligence than them.

The two brothers that you mentioned - I read one good Brother here post that the major economic down-turn of 2008 actually began in 2007.
I saw a merciful spirit in that Brother's post, that I don't see on this thread.
At least in the case of the two brothers that you mentioned, from what I know, most people waited until 1/1/08 before they began to viciously attack them.

Is this how we treat one another?

Regarding TSC - "during a Service" - you said that woman's word was "similar" --- In what way?
I doubt that David Wilkerson would say, "Really?" and then mock a Sister by mischaracteristizing the omniscience of GOD.

I don't go offline to compose my posts nor do I like to force anyone to read long ones but I feel that your tone did need to be checked - by you. If you feel justified in All that you've written on page 1 - so be it. Accountability is in the eye of the beholder than.

2011/1/16 15:51
HeartSong

Re:

I am most certain that I have heard from the LORD in this matter. In the mean time, I am fervently praying that this calamity does not come about. I have told the LORD that I am more than willing to be a fool for His Name's sake.

2011/1/16 15:58Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear HeartSong,

Regarding the quote in your sig, I have been trying to view it as if the quote is what you are saying TO satan and not that you would be giving the evil one voice on this forum. However, now that DesertRose asked, and you did not reply, I want to ask myself. Please clarify the quote in your Sig.

white stone

2011/1/16 16:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy