SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What if revival doesn't come?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
learjet

What if revival doesn't come?

Are you ready to meet Him, TODAY?

Jesus said:

“Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man. 27 People were eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all.

28 “It was the same in the days of Lot. People were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building. 29 But the day Lot left Sodom, fire and sulfur rained down from heaven and destroyed them all." -Luke 17:26-29

What were the 'days of Noah' and the 'days of Lot' like?

Out of everyone in the world, only Noah's family was saved. Out of all the people in Sodom and Gomorrah, only Lot's family was saved.

I'm not sure that I see any scriptural evidence that there is going to be a Great End Time Revival', hopefully, I'm 100% wrong on this one.

Surely the book of Revelation tells us that the bride is without spot or wrinkle but His bride, the true bride, has always been that way.

Between the book of Malachi and the Lord's birth there was a 400 year drought without the Holy Spirit shed abroad in people's hearts. Nowadays, with the Holy Spirit poured out in the hearts of believers He is starting to be perceived as common by folks. God help us when we start to view the Godhead as a common thing because in grieving Him we have no one left to run to.

I got a new revelation regarding the scripture where Jesus washed the disciples feet, he said:

Jesus replied, “Unless I wash you, you won’t belong to me.” -John 13:8(b)

I'm praying that God would wash me, not me wash me (that's legalism and self righteousness), 'Him wash me' so that I will be clean. I want to be pure and white as snow when He calls me home through the 'washing of the water of the Word', inwardly. Inner peace, inner love, inner joy and inner freedom, just like Him. I'm not there yet and to be honest I don't know if I ever will be but I will keep holding on to the hem of his garment. He is so Worthy and Wonderful!

He has been 'Faithful and True' to me, and He's still washing, at times it is painful but the end result is AWESOME because I'm closer to Him!

I love you Lord!

In Christ,
Earl

2011/1/13 18:49Profile
davidc

France

Re: What if revival doesn't come?

I'm not sure that I see any scriptural evidence that there is going to be a Great End Time Revival'

Thank you Earl for this. In fact the scriptures clearly say that there will be a falling away.

"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition" 2 Thess 2:3.

What we see today in the nominal churches was foreseen by God from the begining. But Paul does not tell the Thessalonians to pray for revival, but to stand fast.

"But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle. Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work." 2 Thess 2:13-17 (KJV)

David

2011/1/13 19:41Profile
Vosloo

South Africa

Re:

Many people hold to this view,that there will not be an end time revival. I do believe this is because of the wrong idea of Revival. Many see it as an add on to the Gospel or even for that matter an add on to Christ. However, that is incorrect. Careful and prayerful examination of Scripture will show that Revival is not an add on to the Gospel or Christ. It is in fact the Gospel in full operation or as said in an East African Revival it is Jesus walking in our midst. Revival is not an add on. It is normal Christianity, it is the Church functioning in normality.

Revival does not come because of sin and to be more exact because of unbelief. Consider the promises of Christ, the way the Church is described in the Epistles they scream revival. The church is designed for revival.

It is my earnest belief that Revival is possible now and can therefore be sought now and right where you are.
Yours for revival,
Trevor

2011/1/14 1:14Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Great points Trevor and I will add one more point to your already great list, Disunity of the body of Christ is yet another reason revival simply doesn't happen. But throw in some persecution to get rid of the ones playing the game of religion and we will find out who our real brother and Sister in Christ are and guess what their theological stance really isn't have much weight. If you are willing to die for Christ along side me I don't care if you are baptist, pentecostal, prebeterian, etc etc but I will know for sure you know Christ because of the Cross you bear with me.

2011/1/14 1:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy