SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The LAST OUTPOURING by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 The LAST OUTPOURING by David Wilkerson

I know some will not receive what I am about to say, yet many will.
I do not believe we have yet seen the glory and fullness of the
outpouring of the Holy Spirit as prophesied by Joel. What we have
seen are just a few sprinkles! Yes, we have had a worldwide
charismatic renewal and love has brought many together. It has
been an experience shared worldwide, yet it is just a foretaste.

God will permit nothing to hinder what he plans to do. The enemy
is in for a surprise. Just as it appears the church will be inundated
by a satanic flood, the Spirit will raise up a standard. Understand
what that standard is, and you will understand what God is about
to do. The standard is a holy people, pure, undefiled, delivered
from the corruption that is in the world. That standard is a new
breed of sanctified Christians, who will shine forth as lights in the
midst of a wicked and perverse generation. It will not be just a
renewal of love and praise, but a restoration of holiness unto the Lord!

There will still be shouting and praise, but it will be the shout of
victory over sin and compromise, fulfilling the purpose of the last
outpouring: “That all who call on his name shall be delivered…”
(Joel 2:32). Delivered from what? From sin! From the spirit of the world!

We will not have had the fullness of the Spirit’s outpouring until
baptized people separate themselves completely from the world.
We must emphasize separation and purity of heart. The purpose
of the Spirit’s coming is to sanctify and prepare a people for the
Lord’s return, a people without spot or wrinkle.

When the fullness of the Spirit’s outpouring comes upon all flesh,
conviction for sin will be everywhere. “He will convict the world of
sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment” (John 16:8). That is
the outpouring of the Holy Spirit!

Tragically, too many speak with tongues, but then live like the devil.
Sin was never uprooted and all they received was an experience of
ecstasy. God blessed them just enough to call them into a deeper
life of holiness and submission, but they stopped and went about
saying, “I’ve got the Holy Ghost.”

Oh, there is so much more! I thank God for the privilege of praying
in an unknown tongue; it is my way of releasing all the pent-up
praises to God in a communication beyond my understanding. But
you can speak with the tongues of men and even angels, and
without charity, you have received nothing. But I say it goes even
deeper. You are not truly baptized with the Holy Spirit until every
hidden part of your soul has been exposed—and every sin
confessed and forsaken.

2011/1/13 13:43Profile
staff

Re: The LAST OUTPOURING by David Wilkerson

hi,
I agree with David Wilkerson that their will be a great outpouring in the last days,when sin abounds grace more abounds.However I can see that their is a conflict with the teaching of the immenant return of Christ.I think I am missing something when it comes to Christs return and I cant marry up both teachings.If Jesus return is preceded by an end time outpouring that brings millions into the kingdom on the one hand and on the other Christ could come without any single event happening.....mmmmm
All been said I believe with all my heart that their will be an outpouring like what David Wilkerson has mentioned and I believe it is biblical.
I do think their is another important issue in play here.How does God bring about such a change in a worldwide generation of people?So that we are ready to be poured appon sort to speak.Staff

2011/1/13 16:48Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Quote:
Oh, there is so much more! I thank God for the privilege of praying in an unknown tongue; it is my way of releasing all the pent-up praises to God in a communication beyond my understanding. But you can speak with the tongues of men and even angels, and without charity, you have received nothing. But I say it goes even deeper.

You are not truly baptized with the Holy Spirit until every hidden part of your soul has been exposed—and every sin confessed and forsaken.

Glory to God! I just love this mighty, humble man of God! He has been in the depths with God. When he speaks, I listen. He has the love of God in his heart.

I know the Holy Spirit has been showing me things that I need to repent of for the last several years. Things from my past that were totally gone out of my mind. I am so thankful for this as I don't want to have anything un-repented of on Judgment Day. And it is so much grace that He doesn't reveal it to me all at once either. Glory to God, I most likely couldn't stand. Even today I had to search my heart and ask God for forgiveness and to repent after reading W. Gurnall on being hypercritical. I cried my heart out as the Holy Spirit revealed things to me. I confessed and asked the Holy Spirit to help me. I know He will. Thank You so much Lord. You are so faithful to reveal and to help. You are our Creator/Heavenly Father, Savior & Convictor. We love and appreciate YOU so very much - The Trinity! Amen and all Glory to God!

2011/1/13 18:50Profile
davidc

France

Re:

"However I can see that their is a conflict with the teaching of the immenant return of Christ.I think I am missing something when it comes to Christs return and I cant marry up both teachings.If Jesus return is preceded by an end time outpouring that brings millions into the kingdom on the one hand and on the other Christ could come without any single event happening.....mmmmm"

Staff, you are right to raise this. For us,as christians, the only thing we look and wait for is the return of our Lord to take us to be with Him. There are no "events" which scripture says will preceed that, execpt "a falling away", and that had already started in Paul's time. "the mystery of iniquity doth already work" 2 Thess 2 . 7. An end time revival before His coming is not promised nor prophesied in scripture, but is certainly the earnest desire of christians.

David

2011/1/13 20:01Profile
staff

Re: immenant return and last days outpouring

Hi Davidc,One event that had to happen before Christs return was the destruction of the temple in ad70.
I have to disagree with you on whether a rivival is promised or prophesied.An outpouring of the spirit is scripturally prophesied and promisied through the end times ministry of Elijah.To the Jew of Jesus day prophesy was pattern not just prediction.I will send my prophet elijah before the great and terrible day of the lord.They are two different days.Jesus backs up this when he said that John the Baptist was Elijah but that Elijah would come again.
After saying all that the scriptures seems to say also that he could come at anytime which I dont fully understand yet but these two teachings dont seem to marry up.My thoughts about this at the moment is that I am missing something about the teaching of immenant return,staff

2011/1/14 6:14Profile
davidc

France

Re:

Staff, you write

"After saying all that the scriptures seems to say also that he could come at anytime which I dont fully understand yet but these two teachings dont seem to marry up.My thoughts about this at the moment is that I am missing something about the teaching of immenant return"

You are right that these teachings do not seem to marry up, and it is important that you find the answer by careful study of the sciptures.

By all means, read what commentators say on both sides, although you will find a lot of antagonism. But the bible is it's own interpretor, and with your eyes firmly fixed on the Lord, I believe you will discover what God is truly saying about the coming of the Lord. Amen, Come Lord Jesus.

David

2011/1/14 18:43Profile
staff

Re:

hi Davidc,
I do believe that we are missing something about the teaching of immenant return.Their is antagonism on alot of scripture which their is no need for.Let not that stop us expounding the bible otherwise we will not discuss anything except love and so be ignorant.We know that the word of God does not contradict itself,so both teachings must marry up but it is our understanding of how that happens which is dim.We can study the scripture but without the helper to guide our study it will be futile.
Jesus could have returned anytime in the last 2000 yrs but waited for a time when the Jews had returned to Isreal,its a bit coincidental that he waited for that event to happen.I have no doubt that has the church began so will it end.When I read the account of John the Baptist and Pentecost it leaves me certain that once again the system will be challenged,the false prophets defeated and the spirit of god outpoured like it was on pentecost. So be it,Amen

2011/1/14 19:18Profile
davidc

France

Re:

Hi Staff

Regarding the imminent return of Jesus, which I firmly hold to and wait for, such a belief also presupposes a belief in the pre-trib rapture of the church.

The post trib view sees Christ coming to gather the christians together in the heavens after the seven years of tribulation and that the church will go through this time. Such a view sees Matthew 24 prophesies of the last days (the Abomination of desolation set up, the antichrist on earth and the false prophet deceiving the elect) as having to be fulfilled before He returns, and referring to the church.

The pre trib (my) view understands the Matthew 24 prophesies as referring to Israel and Jerusalem and the elect are the remnant of Jews who believe, through, and because of God's judgement, not the church which is now all in heaven. Pre trib teaching sees Revelation as the details of these seven years of tribulation, and one of the two witnesses in chap11 in the spririt and power of Elijah, the other as Moses: it all relates to the Gentiles, Jerusalem and the remnant there in those days of Jacob's trouble.

There is such a lot more, but maybe this is a help. Personally I found that the Lord brought me to understand both views and various others, and asked me to chose. I chose the pretrib doctrine as I believe only this teaching FULLY illuminates the WHOLE bible. Other beliefs, I found, tend to pick and chose passages which fit their belief system, or alternatively say that such things can not be known. Maybe I have done the same in chosing pre trib, but as I said I find it illuminates all the bible.

What makes all christians one is the work of the cross of Christ, His resurrection and our present oneness in Him by the Holy Spirit. So I am in no way antagonistic to others who have found another doctrine, but love them as brethren. But I honestly believe that the pre trib view is the fullest view of Christ in His present and future glory.

David

2011/1/15 18:43Profile
staff

Re:

Hi David,
I always have trouble spelling that word imminent!
I hold to the view that Christ will come for his Church before the great tribulation which is three and half years in duration.This The first three and half years are the beginning of sorrows.
I believe that both witnesses do in fact come in the power of Elijah.Moses is not linked in anyway to a time measurement of three and a half or 42 months.Where as anytime Elijah,Elisha or John the Baptist are mentioned 42 always comes into play.i.e Elijah caused a judgement off no rain for three and a half years,Elisha caused a Judgement of Two bears on the 42 children and John the Baptist started Jesus's ministry which lasted three and a half years.All three people have the spirit of Elijah and are given as examples of what is to come.
The Spirit of Elijah which is really the Holy Spirit in a unique ministry will do what Elijah has done in the privious examples that is to bring Judgement on false religion(jezebel)Challenge the Antichrist(ahab) bring a holy outpouring(mt Carmel) and bring in a 42month Judgement which is the Great Tribulation.
The Great Tribulation is Instigated by God and is a Judgement brought in by God and ended by God and will last the second period of the 7years when the Anti Christ breaks the 7year peace treaty in the middle.At the time of the tribulation(3.5 yrs) the Church will be in heaven.
I have no doubt that their will be an outpouring in the end,I do have doubts about imminency and I will have to study that subject more diligently.Yours Staff

P.s the scriptures are just amazing

2011/1/15 20:18Profile
davidc

France

Re:

Hello Staff

Your post was so refreshing to me. There are so many christians now on this and other forums that hold post trib or covenant theology. .

I, personally understand from scripture that the church will be raptured before the 7 year tribulation,ie "the beginning of sorrows" and "the great tribulation. This is based on Daniel's prophesy chapter 9:

"Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate." Dan 9:25-27 (KJV)

God's dealing in government with Israel (Daniel's people) ceased at the end to the 69th week when "messiah shall be cut off and have nothing"(lit)

The last week has been postponed in God's time until the fullness of the Gentiles is come in: ie the church is gathered.

Then He will recommence His dealings with Israel when the man of sin makes his covenant with them. I don't believe that God will have an overlap of dispensations, ie having the church on earth for 3.5 years and at the same time commencing His judgements on Israel.

Because of this, the imminency of Christ's coming for His church is our one hope; we are not waiting for other "signs". If we are waiting for His coming AND looking for fulfillments of prophesies (the signing by Israel of the covenant with death and the time of the two witnesses), then Christ's coming is not imminent, but is preceed by other signs.
No doubt the two witnesses will, through their prophesying turn many to the Lord, (and He has never left Himsef without witnesses), but this will not be the church or christians, but a gathering of the remnant of Israel.

I know there are those who see the child caught up to the throne, Rev 12, as a picture of the church's rapture immediately after the death of the two witnesses. But the seal judgements and the trumpet judgements come before this, and I am sure that God will not leave His Bride to undergo His judgements which are for Israel, but will take Her away before.

I could not follow what you meant by "a holy outpouring (mount carmel)". Perhaps you could clarify.

David

2011/1/16 17:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy