Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : OUR SHEPHERD STILL LOVES THE STRAYS

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

OUR SHEPHERD STILL LOVES THE STRAYS

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 12, 2011
OUR SHEPHERD STILL LOVES THE STRAYS David Wilkerson

Our great shepherd loves every sheep who has gone astray because of testings, trials, hurts and wounds. We never dare to accuse our shepherd of abandoning us. He still walks beside us and watches over us at all times.

Right now you may be waging a losing war against some kind of temptation. Whatever your struggle is, you’ve determined not to run away from the Lord. You refuse to give yourself over to sin’s grasp. Instead, you’ve taken God’s Word to heart.

Yet, like David, you’ve grown weary. And now you’ve come to a point where you feel absolutely helpless. The enemy is flooding you with despair, fear, lies.

Your testing may become even more mystifying and unexplainable. But I want you to know—no matter what you’re going through, the Holy Ghost wants to reveal in you Jehovah Rohi, the Lord your shepherd. You have a shepherd who wants to imprint his love on your heart.

Jesus assures us, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” And our heavenly Father—Jehovah Rohi, the Lord our shepherd—has revealed himself to us in Psalm 23. He tells us, “I know you by name, and I know what you’re going through. Come, lie down in my grace and love. Don’t try to figure out everything. Just accept my love for you. And rest in loving arms. Yes, I’m the Lord of hosts. I’m the majestic and holy God. I want you to know all of these revelations about me. But the one revelation I want you to have right now is the revelation of Jehovah Rohi. I want you to know me as your loving, caring shepherd. And I want you to rest assured I’ll bring you through all your trials, in my tenderness and love.”

2011/1/12 12:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy