SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Test everything

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
fromtheold

South Africa

Test everything

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
1 Thessalonians 5:21

The bible tells us to "prove all things".

Interesting scripture. We should always test things.

2011/1/8 1:41Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: Test everything

I believe its important to point out that particular scripture says nothing about Critism :)

Our proving of others should be gentle just as the Saviour's proving of us is gentle. Good verse though and very true we are to test all things.

2011/1/8 2:49Profile

Re: Test all things -

mguldner, have you ever diligently studied Paul's life from Acts 9 on and his writings?

I don't know what you mean by "criticism". I've seen that word used here before - but I truly don't know how that's related to this opening post.

Truly, Paul is the best authority on what you may be alluding to. And "the Saviour" is not 'always' gentle.
The same Saviour who worked through Paul (in Acts 13 & Gal 2 - just for two) and used Paul to write half the New Testament, to mainly conteract heresies and sin in the church. The man was not always 'gentle' as he walked in The Spirit of GOD.

I may have asked this on another thread, but I don't think it was answered. What do you define as "criticism" Biblically? Just so I can draw some distinctions between your thoughts and what The WORD of GOD says.

Thanks Brother.

2011/1/8 14:29

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy