SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Street Preaching In Washington DC

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
MikeCorral

Washington, DC

Street Preaching In Washington DC

Dear Christian,

We are looking for more Street Preachers to join us in Washington DC (location is metro accessible) on Saturdays (current time frames are from late afternoons to early evenings) and on a regular basis.

Christians are also needed for passing out tracts and one on one witnessing as well. Tracts and Bibles also needed as well.

In His Strength,

Mike

PS
My prayer request is that God would open my mouth and fill it with His Words & His Message, and that I preach the Gospel boldly and without compromise.

2011/1/7 14:53Profile
MikeCorral

Washington, DC

Re: Street Preaching In Washington DC

Dear Christian,

I was not able to join our brothers yesterday, sharing the Gospel with the lost and those that think they are not. I had to go and volunteer at a ministry with people with mental and physical disabilities, that is with my church. My church that I attend is a mega church, but it has very few volunteers.

Here is the report from yesterday:

"Brothers,

We handed out close to 500 tracts and provided four hours of constant preaching, almost non stop! Good one on ones (witnessing / sharing the Gospel with the lost) too! God helped us greatly; thank you for all who prayed!"

Christians,

We need more tracts and Bibles, please feel free to email me for my address or where to meet us. I know this will offended many of you, and please know that it is not my intention, because we really need more tracts to give to people (they do actually read the tracts, thank God!), but please no tracts or Bibles that say you can be saved by saying a prayer or anything related to decisional evangelism. It is God that saves, thanks be to God, and all the Glory to God! If you are having trouble finding tracts, I recommend Living Waters by Ray Comfort or Desiring God by John Piper (where are the Christian entrepreneurs?). Think of this as opportunity to finally share the Gospel, not through you because you do not have the time, but you do have the resources so through us, by God’s Grace, and for God's Glory. With each tract, we do truly want to witness to each person, but nine times out of ten they don’t want to stop, and we have to rely on God and the Holy Spirit to use that tract. Sometimes they do come back. And sometimes the tracts do hit the ground, but by God's awesomeness, I'd say that the majority of them are kept and I have even seen people reading them from a far off.

In His Strength,

Mike

2011/1/16 9:01Profile
MikeCorral

Washington, DC

Re: Tracts

Quote:
trouble finding tracts

This is the best place for tracts that I have found as of today:

http://www.onemilliontracts.com/

2011/1/18 11:19Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Is there any value in street preaching in in the traditional sense? exclude handing out tracts and doing one on one with people.

I was in an area of town known for the nightlift and a man was reading the bible. The way he sounded it was as if he were a little child tripping over his words. I thought about taking the bible out of his hands and reading it out myself but I didn't

There is a small group at a local university who set up shop outside the student center who preach the word and I have been told they get into more argument then anything. I ask myself, is there a purpose to this madness vs keeping the noise down and looking for one on one talk?

Just wondering

2011/1/20 11:04Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Brother, with all due respect, there are a great number of accounts of those that because of hearing the word on the street they were led to Christ. Whether right there on the spot, or days later. He tells us His Word DOES NOT return void.

What do you think the disciples were doing after Acts 2?? They were in the streets! :)

Read the book of Acts brother!

There is a time for both, one on one and preaching to the "multitude."

Brother Greg just posted an article about Stephen preaching. It is very good and needed in our day.
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=37115&forum=34&2

There are many needs of our day!! May the Lord fill us with His Spirit and make us bold witnesses instant in season and out of season for the glory of His Name.

2011/1/20 11:09Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Quote:
I thought about taking the bible out of his hands and reading it out myself but I didn't

Maybe the Lord is calling you to street preach. :)

2011/1/20 11:13Profile
MikeCorral

Washington, DC

Re: Is there any value

I was talking with one our brothers, planning for tomorrow's outreach, and he asked me a similar question. And I what told him was this, and the same goes to the Evangelism Explosion, the Modern Gospel, and the Saved By Saying The Sinners Prayer groups; its not what we say, whether eloquently or not, and its not what the tract says or even what we get the sinner to say, but salvation is solely of God and by God. The tract by itself is useless. The sermon by itself is useless, they're just words. It doesn’t even matter what Bible translation we use or give out, because it is veiled and can only be revealed by the Holy Spirit which is given by repentance and faith in Jesus Christ. Biblical repentance can only be brought about by God. True conviction, only brought upon by the Holy Spirit. Salvation, only by Jesus Christ, and nothing added and nothing taken away. The true test is who is getting the Glory, is it Jesus, or the person who told the sinner they are saved because they said a prayer, or that the sinner says that they don't want to go to hell. No, no one wants to go to hell, getting them to admit that, does not bring Glory to God, but the one counting the decisions and recommittals, they get some glory that they can hold on to. And the sad fact is, they hold on to those numbers like they were tickets granting them entry into Heaven.

So to answer you question, there is only value, if God is in it, and if God is getting all the glory.

To God be all the glory. Dear God, I am a recipient of so much of your Mercy, I pray that you get some glory out of me!

2011/1/21 23:59Profile
MikeCorral

Washington, DC

Re: in season and out of season

It's funny you should say that. I am confident that tomorrow's outreach will be the coldest day of the year in Washington DC. I am thinking that the devil asked God to test us, and I think God said do it. Which is an awesome thing in itself, but sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ in season and out of season is our sole motivation.

I've also got 300 Obama million dollar bills and 150 of the 10 commandments coins from LivingWaters.com, and our brothers are bringing a bunch too. Please pray that God will use us and these tracts to work Revival, we need it, we need it!

2011/1/22 0:08Profile
MikeCorral

Washington, DC

This last Saturday was awesome, God was truly with us, He answered our prayers. There were four of us, we gave out over 600 tracts, had a least 10 one on one conversations about the Gospel. Also there were people stopping to listen, make fun of, chastise us, take pictures of us as if we were a freak show, people were trying to give us money, God was awesome. I hope and pray that our feeble attempts will be used for God and by God, to be bring people to repentance and faith in our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Will you come and join us on Saturday, or will you go out to the highways and byways for where you are. The end of this age coming, have you not seen or heard what is happing in the world today, so we must ask you, what do ye, more than others? Now is the time, today is the day. How, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? God has sent you, you are part of the great commission.

2011/2/28 9:39Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Eccl. 11:1 (NASB):

1 Cast your bread on the surface of the waters, for you will find it after many days.

This verse teaches me so often when I wonder what good am I accomplishing. We are so success driven that unless we see immediate results we will quit. God is responsible for the results, not you or me or anyone else. Our job is to be obedient, to be faithful.

Consider what happens when you throw bread onto water. It disintegrates quickly, no evidence of its presence in that water. But this verse says you will find it after many days! Now, this requires an act of God, don't you think?

Takes a huge burden off of your shoulders, does it not?

2011/2/28 10:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy