SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Saint or sinner

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

I must see myself on the Cross with Christ OR Gal 2:20 is false and needs to be taken out of the Bible.

It was me and my sin that Christ took upon Himself, thus making Him to be sin for Me, "us". I was a sinner, I was full of sin, I had the liar, sin himself in me as my spirit, I could not rid myself of Satan or sin, I needed a sinless person to become me and die in my place. This is the only way I am able to be free from sin and a fruitful offering to God the Father by the death of Jesus Christ who was MY SIN and DEATH in my place, that I might live unto God the Father, who had prepared Christ to die before the foundation of the world and be in me as my new Spirit, the old spirit of Satan my old father is no longer whom I serve. My New Spirit, Jesus Christ has made His Father, my Father of whom I am now a son by the Seed of Jesus Christ in me. "The Lamb slain before the world began" and Eph 1:4

Jesus Christ took upon Himself all my sin and death and Satan as my death/life and Made me free. For "whom the Son will set free is Free Indeed".

The only way Jesus could be sin was to be the sin atonement for me, taking my sin and dying on the Cross for me and all those that believe that Jesus Christ is the sinless Son of God.

Albert Barnes' Notes on the Bible
2 Corinthians 5:21

Who knew no sin. He was not guilty. He was perfectly holy and pure. This idea is thus expressed by Peter, (1Pe 2:22;) "Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth;" and in Heb 7:26, it is said, he was "holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners." In all respects, and in all conceivable senses, the Lord Jesus was pure and holy. If he had not been, he would not have been qualified to make an atonement. Hence the sacred writers are everywhere at great pains to keep this idea prominent, for on this depends the whole superstructure of the plan of salvation. The phrase "knew no sin" is an expression of great beauty and dignity. It indicates his entire and perfect purity. He was altogether unacquainted with sin; he was a stranger to transgression; he was conscious of no sin; he committed none. He had a mind and heart perfectly free from pollution, and his whole life was perfectly pure and holy in the sight of God.

That we might be made the righteousness of God. This is a Hebraism, meaning the same as divinely righteous. It means that we are made righteous in the sight of God; that is, that we are accepted as righteous, and treated as righteous by God on account of what the Lord Jesus has done. There is here an evident and beautiful contrast between what is said of Christ, and what is said of us. He was made sin--we are made righteousness; that is, he was treated as if he were a sinner, though he was perfectly holy and pure--we are treated as if we were righteous, though we are defiled and depraved. The idea is, that on account of what the Lord Jesus has endured in our behalf we are treated as if we had ourselves entirely fulfilled the law of God, and had never become exposed to its penalty. In the phrase" righteousness of God" there is a reference to the fact that this is his plan of making men righteous, or of justifying them. They who thus become righteous, or are justified, are justified on his plan, and by a scheme which he has devised. Locke renders this, "that we, in and by him, might be made righteous, by a righteousness imputed to us by God." The idea is, that all our righteousness in the sight of God we receive in and through a Redeemer. All is to be traced to him. This verse contains a beautiful epitome of the whole plan of salvation, and the peculiarity of the Christian scheme. On the one hand, one who was perfectly innocent, by a voluntary substitution, is treated AS IF he were guilty; that is, is subjected to pains and sorrows which, if he were guilty, would be a proper punishment for sin: and on the other, they who are guilty, and who deserve to be punished, are treated, through his vicarious sufferings, as if they were perfectly innocent; that is, in a manner which would be a proper expression of God's approbation if they had not sinned. The whole plan, therefore, is one of substitution; and without such substitution there can be no salvation. Innocence voluntarily suffers for guilt, and the guilty are thus made pure and holy, and are saved. The greatness of the Divine compassion and love is thus shown for the guilty; and on the ground of this it is right and proper for God to call on men to be reconciled to him. It is the strongest argument that can be used. When God has given his only Son to the bitter suffering of death on the cross in order that we may be reconciled, it is the highest possible argument which can be used why we should cease our opposition to him, and become his friends.

AGAIN: On the one hand, one who was perfectly innocent, by a voluntary substitution, is treated AS IF he were guilty; that is, is subjected to pains and sorrows which, if he were guilty, would be a proper punishment for sin: and on the other, they who are guilty, and who deserve to be punished, are treated, through his vicarious sufferings, as if they were perfectly innocent; that is, in a manner which would be a proper expression of God's approbation if they had not sinned. The whole plan, therefore, is one of substitution; and without such substitution there can be no salvation.

It should have been me to die on that Cross, I deserve it, Jesus did not. Praise God in the Highest; Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

This is the mystery of Godliness, that Paul preached in all his epistles, "My Gospel".

In Christ: Phillip

2011/1/11 20:15Profile
Lesserlight

Re:

Quote:
Jn 14 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

11Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, THE WORKS THAT I DO SHALL HE DO ALSO; AND GREATER WORKS THAN THESE SHALL HE DO; because I go unto my Father.

Hi Doug,

Beware lest you make an idol of the works God has graciously used you to perform.

Matt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

The priority, before the outworking of any 'ministry' we have, is to worship God. To reject every idol from our heart and life. To obey His calling on our individual lives, without neglecting our role in His body.

1 John 5:21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

John 4:23 [Jesus said] But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.'

John 21:21 Peter seeing him [John] saith to Jesus, Lord, and what [shall] this man [do]? 22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what [is that] to thee? follow thou me.

Like you, I hope to be recognised by the Lord, on that day.

Good morning AtG

Thank you for that last statement.

Be rest assured that signs and wonder are not idols to me but are a reminder that I do not have any excuse not to fully apprehend who has apprehended me even though I make a considerable effort to walk the path of placing Him on the throne by first putting myself on the Cross. Thus I die daily and work out my salvation complete with trembling and fear of the judgment to come should after all that He has done for me that I fall short of what is expected of me.

Sign and wonders are a sign of obedience and harmony in the relationship between us and God. While on one hand obedience is a cut and dry situation harmony means to be in agreement with the mind of Christ. God worked signs and wonders through the Apostles to the extent that He did because they were on one accord and in harmony with God through possessing the mind of Christ. Having the same mind as Jesus they did the same works as Jesus and it is no different today.

Those whom God works signs and wonders through are done on the level of the harmony that they are in with God. In other words great faith produces great works and little faith produces little works. Consequently those whom signs and wonders are seen coming from are held more responsible should they be found to fall short and mess up in their obedience to their Father.

Jesus said this when He spoke of those to whom much is given will be held to a higher level of accountability........ so as I said at the beginning of this post, be rest assured that signs and wonder are hardly idols to me but reminders of the level of responsibility that I am held to. Having already died once while medically being declared dead and while "on the other side" witnessing the resurrection of the dead, I shudder at the thought that after having been sent back to this life (when I would have rather not come back) that in any way should I fail to walk as He would have me to walk.

A few years ago when after a major doctrinal dispute that caused a serious rift between other ministries and myself as well as problems in my personal life, I told God to find someone else to teach His children. He tolerated that attitude from me for awhile and some of my tormentors received their just due rewards despite me praying for their forgiveness as I had forgiven them (albeit first my emotions had to quiet down).

Unfortunately they had crossed a line with God because there are things that He will not tolerate coming from those whom He has given more to than he has to others. Some people think that what happened in Acts when persons died after having crossed a line drawn by God does not happen anymore. However it still does and I know others besides myself that have witnessed people dying because of their rebellion and blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Meanwhile because of the lack of truth being taught that line is not often drawn these days but in reality that cannot hardly be considered a blessing. The bottom line is like John and Paul both said there is a sin unto death and personally I believe this is the reason why some of God's children are told not to throw their pearls down before swine........ For those who have ears that hear they know that unlike some unclean animals swine are lawfully partially clean so please give all the reasons why some deep thought.

Anyway......... When I continued to refuse sharing with others what He had showed me then I too came under judgement. Consequently and in time I heeded Him (albeit after considerable loss and heartbreak) and I wrote the book. However to be frank with you without someone's foundational knowledge being at least at the level that thankfully I do see within some members here, most will not understand it and would be better off working on their foundation then trying to skip grades and come to the level where signs and wonders are seen

Should you or anyone else ever come into agreement and in harmony with God through the mind of Christ you can be rest assured people will see signs and wonder coming from you. For sure you can take to the bank that sin still lives in you and it is beyond me how you can think that you or other christians are still capable of committing sins if sin did not still live in your members just as it did in Paul.

After all Christ does not sin and if the old man is not still alive in you then who or what do you think is causing you or any other Christian to still sin?...... (shaking head in disbelief) ....... for sure that error in your thinking is a significant roadblock that is keeping you from gaining the mind of Christ.

This is my last post on this thread but before I get around to starting a new thread that I believe could be understood by and be beneficial to some here, I have a couple of PM's to go out....... one of them is to you and I ask you to give it your deepest consideration before replying.

BTW because you mentioned casting out devils l will share one more thing with you....... at best I think deliverance ministries are frauds and at the other end they are the goats that despite being considered to be clean God will separate them out....... in 99% of the time all one needs to overcome any particular demon is for them to be taught the truth. Deliverance ministries do far more harm than they do good and will be held accordingly.

Blessings

Doug

2011/1/12 7:33Profile

Re: Saint or sinner

Good morning Doug,

Quote:
After all Christ does not sin and if the old man is not still alive in you then who or what do you think is causing you or any other Christian to still sin?......

Earlier in the thread, you pointed out that sin is spiritual. You refer to the 'law of sin'. We could refer to the 'law of sin' as the 'sin principle', the outworking of which Paul graphically describes at the beginning of Ephesians 2.

My claim for the death of Christ, is that IN HIM, God brought an end to the POWER of the 'sin princple', potentially in the whole of mankind, for all who would turn away from sin IN THEIR HEARTS, and come to Christ to be washed in His blood. I would never say that our sins are 'covered' by Christ's blood. That is an Old Covenant term.

BUT, despite having agreed with God to be grafted into Christ's death (see Tyndale for 'graft') that the effect of the sin principle in ME be annulled, I still have a 'man of flesh' which was used to bearing the fruit of sin, like a tree which is dying nevertheless still shows signs of life until it gets too weak to produce even leaves. But through the faith of Christ, I know that the tree is as dead as I agree with Him that it is.

That's why the verses about US mortifying the flesh are so important. Yes, we need the Holy Spirit's help, because the flesh is strong, but the flesh is now the servant of the spirit, whereas before we were one with Christ, there was no way we could prevent the flesh from sinning.

Now, we have received a new spirit - the Holy Spirit, which dwells with our human spirit and brings us into communion with our rightful Father, our Creator, the Father of spirits - a new spiritual principle is at work IN OUR FLESH. That is 'the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus'.

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. 12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

How could Paul make the above statement, if really he believed that the sin principle was still at work in man... that Christ's death had done nothing to damage it?

I want to add a note about healing. Jesus went about healing, and casting out demons, regardless of the unregeneerate nature of the people who came to Him, or, to whom He went individually. I've pondered on this a lot, because of the doctrine that 'all healing is in the Atonement'. I'm not disputing the connection between 'the sin' and sickness, but we all know sickness was a consequence of the Fall. Nevertheless, BEFORE the Atonement made by Christ, He could heal people. I believe that's because He was, even before He had died, 'The Resurrection and the Life'.

Spurgeon wrote in his morning devotional (31 Dec)

'Drinking represents a reception for which no fitness is required. A fool, a thief, a harlot can drink; and so sinfulness of character is no bar to the invitation to believe in Jesus. We want no golden cup, no bejewelled chalice, in which to convey the water to the thirsty; the mouth of poverty is welcome to stoop down and quaff the flowing flood. Blistered, leprous, filthy lips may touch the stream of divine love; they cannot pollute it, but shall themselves be purified.'

Regarding the mind of Christ which you frequently mention, I believe the greatest necessity is to have His attitude to our Father in heaven. To be able to rest in the knowledge that His thoughts are higher than my thoughts. Therefore, my main concern is to obey Him today. This may be about things I must do, as much as things I don't do. As we pick our way through the loud chorus of conflicting voices, we will find that in Him, our path has been straight, and we have walked in His righteousness.

2011/1/12 8:11

Re:

Doug,

What do you mean that swine are partially clean, unlike the other unclean animals? Do you not remember Peters vision? (Acts 10:9-16)

2011/1/12 8:15
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Where does this leave the sin of the believer? In the mind, the old mind that is being renewed to the mind of Christ. My Spirit cannot sin. This is who Paul says we are to the Father, The Spirit of Christ in us. God does not look upon the flesh anymore, only the spirit of a man, which if born again is the incorruptable seed of the Father, Jesus Christ, His Spirit is in me and even John says so, ususally it is Paul that says this is the mystery revealed; Christ in you the Hope of Glory. Who Glory do we have? Jesus in His prayer says or glory is as His Glory, given to us of the Father. The flesh still pulls at the mind, the old man mind that was nothing but sin, our soul/mind being renewed by the Holy Spirit to the mind of Christ. My Spirit is perfect.

John 17:20-26 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. (((((And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them;))))) that they may be one, even as we are one: (((((I in them,))))) and thou in me, (((((that they may be made perfect in One;))))) and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and (((((these have known that thou hast sent me.))))) And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: (((((that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.)))))

Is He in you? Can Christ sin? Then my Spirit cannot sssssssssssssin.

How are we presented Perfect to the Father?

Colossians 1:27-29 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to His working, which worketh in me mightily.

Perfect in Christ: Phillip, still laboring, still striving, to overcome sin in my flesh, according to His working in me.
Overcoming in my mind By The HOly Spirit in my MIND. The Spirit of Christ in Me also He who makes me perfect to the Father. "But we have the Mind of Christ"

2011/1/12 20:02Profile

Re:

Quote:
BTW because you mentioned casting out devils l will share one more thing with you....... at best I think deliverance ministries are frauds

The Apostle Paul must be a fraud and Jesus too. Jesus cast out devils and so all of His disciples, and His ministry was deliverance to the captives.

Luke 10:17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall THEY SHALL CAST OUT DEVILS; they shall speak with new tongues.

Also Paul in this story:

Acts 16:18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

2011/1/12 22:52
Lesserlight

Re:

Quote:
After all Christ does not sin and if the old man is not still alive in you then who or what do you think is causing you or any other Christian to still sin?......

Earlier in the thread, you pointed out that sin is spiritual. You refer to the 'law of sin'. We could refer to the 'law of sin' as the 'sin principle', the outworking of which Paul graphically describes at the beginning of Ephesians 2.

Amen Linn!!! you are 100% correct on that ....... The law of sin is the sin nature in man. It is what is often called "original sin" by many denominations when speaking of the sin nature living in man since the time of our natural birth. Not letting go of that thought and considering some others just might produce some fruit here.

The law of sin in us goes further back in our family tree then just our natural birth and David helps us with what we need to learn

Ps. 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Here we see that before David ever had a physical body sin already existed in his embryo (male sperm and female egg together as one) that his body would be formed from....... why is this so?

Adam and Eve are the spirit and soul of man that together have become "one flesh" are the source of life within every living person ever born on God's green earth and in Adam all men die but in Christ all men are made alive.

Before we move forward it must be understood that because of Adam's sin, the "Adam and Eve" that David and us were all formed from is the source of the "sin in us" aka "original sin" that all of mankind is born with.

Eve came from Adam and is the soul of man that came from the "flesh" of Adam. Thus she operates through the human senses such as sight, taste etc etc and is what caused the forbidden fruit that was "pleasing to the eye" and through the voice of satan was "soothing to the ear" to be consumed.

Before we come to Christ, Adam is the old man in us and in Adam all men are appointed to die and the Holy Spirit of Christ is the "new man" in us for us to live by.

Quote:

Now, we have received a new spirit - the Holy Spirit, which dwells with our human spirit and brings us into communion with our rightful Father, our Creator, the Father of spirits - a new spiritual principle is at work IN OUR FLESH. That is 'the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus'.

With this statement trouble shows up not because it originated with you but because this is a common teaching error of the church that is being led by man and not by God........ this is a concept that is something you were taught by some man and whether it was in a sermon, book or whatever makes no difference because God has never ever taught anything like that to you.

The "spirit" is male and soul is female and just as the female comes from the male so does the soul come from the spirit. In the original languages the word for soul is a feminine noun and the soul is spoken of in feminine terms such as "darling".

On the other hand the word spirit is a neuter noun not being either male or female but able to have a female come from it just a Eve came from Adam. God who is spirit has a soul (according to scripture) and we see this in Isa. 11:2 where the "Spirit of the Lord" has within it six (the number of man) attributes that all together add up to seven that is the divine number of the fullness of God upon Jesus Christ that this verse is a prophecy of. This verse is the alpha and the omega when it comes to describing the spirit and soul of Jesus

Isa.11: 2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

FYI this verse describes the "us" that were in the beginning of creation in Genesis and the spirit of council is the "one of us" that man became when he took council within himself instead of remaining obedient to God. This continues to be the problem of man and in particular the church where we always have the opinion and lies of some man doing the teaching instead of the church learning how to hear the truth from God...... for that matter one of Satan's most successful tools is the "study bible" made up of the opinions of man about the things of God.

Obviously when Jesus was on earth He was the above verse existing in human flesh yet the same "Spirit of the Lord" was still living on the Throne ruling over heaven and earth. That is because Jesus came from God and Jesus is the soul of God manifested in human flesh the same as how the soul comes from the spirit that is the same as how eve came from adam

Through the baptism of the Holy Spirit Christians are given the "Spirit of the Lord" that has come into the heart where it has displaced the unclean spirit of man the same as light displaces darkness...... The light does not change the darkness but instead it displaces it. Consequently the teaching of His Spirit teaching our spirit or the two becoming one all in all make up the worse of the false doctrines that are currently being taught in the vast majority of the churches.

Linn take this to heart......... we were not given the Holy Spirit to commune with the spirit of man in us but so that the unclean spirit of man that is "Adam in us" can die just as it is appointed to do and instaed of it we now live by the Holy Spirit in our hearts in place of the the spirit of man........ IT IS NEVER THE SPIRITS OF MAN AND GOD COMMUNING WITH EACH OTHER BUT IS THE SON COMMUNING WITH THE FATHER THAT IT CAME FROM. THIS KNOWLEDGE MUST BECOME A PART OF YOU BEFORE ANY PROGRESS CAN BE REALIZED BY YOU OR ANYONE ELSE HERE !!!!!!!!!!

The Holy Spirit living while the spirit of man is dead is the whole gist behind Gal. 2:20 but when you resurrect the spirit of man by putting him in communion with the Holy Spirit you and everyone else that has fallen for teaching that is straight from the mouth of satan, you "frustrate the love of God" and the Holy Spirit that is the Christ seed in Christians stops from maturing into a tree of life.

Because seeds do not produce fruit and only mature trees produce fruit is why James points out to us that those that cannot prove through their works that God is ruling over their hearts, then the faith in them that is the Holy Spirit is NOT ruling over them consequently the best they can produce is the works and opinions of man that is the source of all the problems in the churches of today.

Unfortunately when a person does get the Holy Spirit in their heart they still have the mind of man living quite well in the memories of our flesh. That is the moral of the story so to speak of the unclean spirit going out of the man (the heart of man that is the center of us all and is "the man") and joins up with the unclean "mind of man" still alive within our memories that live in the flesh that is made from the dust (dry places) of the earth.

Hopefully we have made some progress this morning

Blessings

Doug

Quote:
Doug,

What do you mean that swine are partially clean, unlike the other unclean animals? Do you not remember Peters vision? (Acts 10:9-16)

To Andy....... I answered your exact question as well as about Peter's vision several pages back............ I am not going to take the time to repeat myself and I strongly suggest that you search out the thread for what you still need to learn.

2011/1/13 9:35Profile

Re:

Quote:
IT IS NEVER THE SPIRITS OF MAN AND GOD COMMUNING WITH EACH OTHER

Douglas, my my, where do you get these ideas? Your always saying that the scriptures are of no private interpretation, what your saying is certainly private.

Look at what the real bible says about God communing with His saints.

Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God.

Quote:
The Holy Spirit living while the spirit of man is dead is the whole gist behind Gal. 2:20

Let me show you what the word of God says about your erroneous statement.

Ephesians 2:1 And YOU hath he quickened, who WERE (past tense) dead in trespasses and sins.

Ephesians 2:5 Even when we WERE dead in sins, hath QUICKENED us together with Christ.

Colossians 2:13 And you, BEING (present tense) dead in your sins...., hath He QUICKENED together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

WERE DEAD! Past Tense

QUICKENED! Made Alive

Quote:
Consequently the teaching of His Spirit teaching our spirit or the two becoming one all in all make up the worse of the false doctrines that are currently being taught in the vast majority of the churches.

John 14:20 At that day (pentecost) ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

This speaks of someone who hasn't received the Spirit of the Lord as yet. Yet, they are able to love the Lord and keep His word. How can that be?

How is he able to love the Lord and keep His word with an unclean spirit of man?

2011/1/13 10:15
Lesserlight

Re:

Quote:
Douglas, my my, where do you get these ideas? Your always saying that the scriptures are of no private interpretation, what your saying is certainly private.

Look at what the real bible says about God communing with His saints.

Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God.

Approved

This post is especially for you but as they say if the shoe fits wear it because you are not alone here

For your edification........The Spirit in heaven that communes with the spirit in you that defines you as one of the children of God is the Holy Spirit in you and not the unclean spirit of man in you that is the same spirit that was in the Pharisees that caused Jesus to say that Satan was their father ........... you must grasp that if you have plans of ever maturing beyond where you are currently at....... and for sure you desperately need to mature in your knowledge concerning the things of God no matter what you might think of yourself

However this "my my" insults of yours is proof that you would do far better by listening more and talking less because your arrogance is starting to exceed your ignorance of the truth

Blessings

Doug

2011/1/13 11:20Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Brother Doug,

Have you ever heard the saying, Take your own advise? I have seen consistantly deep arrogance in your post as well showing very little if any grace to those you are trying to convince or prove your point to. Based solely on your posts I would have to conclude that the Christ of the bible doesn't reside in you as you say He does.

Arrogance definitely wasn't a character of Christ unless there is another Beattitude you know about that we ignorant and decieved people don't know about?

What I have enjoyed about SermonIndex on a whole is the open atmosphere of most of those that frequent the site knowing they don't know it all nor have all the answers humbly replying to questions and being open to other peoples understand and place they currently walk.

We are all growing but if you have arrived my friend then perhaps this isn't a place for you to fellowship since a great deal of us haven't arrived but are learning and growing closer to Christ everyday and so offer grace and gracious replies and answer respecting those we disagree with. I type this in all seriousness and respect to you as a person.

God Bless,
Matthew

2011/1/13 19:26Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy