SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : A New Year of Spiritual Advance - Winslow

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

A New Year of Spiritual Advance - Winslow

"Reader! If you are a believer in the Lord Jesus, you will enter upon a new stage of your journey by a renewed surrender of yourself to the Lord. You will make the cross the starting-point of a fresh setting-out in the heavenly race. Oh, commence this year with a renewed application to the “blood of sprinkling.” There is vitality in that blood; and its fresh sprinkling on your conscience will be as a new impartation of spiritual life to your soul. Oh, to begin the year with a broken heart for sin, beneath the cross of Immanuel! Looking through that cross to the heart of a loving, forgiving Father. Do not be anxious about the future; all that future God has provided for,“Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.” Let it be a year of more spiritual advance, forward in the path of duty; forward in the path of suffering; forward in the path of conflict; forward in the path of labor; and forward in the path to eternal rest and glory. Soon will that rest be reached, and that glory appear.

"This new year may be the jubilant year of your soul, the year of your release. Oh spirit-stirring, ecstatic thought: this year I may be in heaven!"

Octavius Winslow

2011/1/2 8:58Profile
mama27

Re: A New Year of Spiritual Advance - Winslow

I love Octavius Winslow as I do so many of the older authors. They challenge me in such deeper ways than the more modern writers do.... What is the source of these devotionals?

2011/1/2 10:01Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

www.octaviuswinslow.org has a devotional archive you can subscribe to.

2011/1/2 10:38Profile
mama27

Re:

Thank you very much!!

2011/1/2 16:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy