SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer Please

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 )
PosterThread
mama27

Re:

I have not asked for prayer for a long time. I thought that there are so many needs and I didn't want to be giving a blow by blow of my family's issues. I have known with 7 children (6 still under my roof) I am in this for the long haul. But the spiritual oppression, and seeming victories of the enemy, and the many broken relationships are so intense that I am asking prayer again. If anyone is led to pray against what satan is trying to do in 9 lives who had set out 30+ years ago to raise up godly seed, I would be ever grateful. This started out as a prayer for 2 prodigal sons in 2010. But now all my children, even the God-fearing daughters, have been sucked into the enemies lies....Sometimes I feel I am just going to crater. Of course those are just feelings, and I KNOW that God is faithful. Thank you so very much!!

2014/5/14 20:54Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

May God continue to strengthen you dear sister as you continue to intercede for your children. This modern world in which you are rearing them is ruthless in its attack on the foundation on which you stand. The only hope they have is that mama continue to ignore the feelings and stand on her faith. They do not realize how extremely blessed they are to have a mama that prays for them, but one day they will!

It is encouraging to me to see this post that has been going for several years because of a mother's love for her children. I pray that God will continually work in their lives until they each see their need to wholeheartedly surrender to the Lord.

One of the brothers in our church was a rebel the whole time he was growing up. His mom had prayer meetings at the house and he would slip out the back. When she passed away he was holding her in his arms. He told her then, "one day I am going to give my life to Jesus". He grew up in Honduras. Many years later, here in Louisiana, a friend told him that he was invited to a revival. He told his friend: "You see this cigarette I'm smoking? It is my last one. I am going to that revival and I am going to give my life to Jesus and quit smoking, drinking, drugging and all the other things I'm doing". And so he did! That was in July of 2009. A couple of years later he got tripped up and discouraged and fell, but after a time of prodigal suffering, he came back to Jesus, and has been steadfast ever since.

I hope that your prodigal children never have to sink to such depths of suffering. May God continue to work on them until they return to the Father's house.

2014/5/14 22:32Profile

Re:

Thank you for this honest post mama27, will pray for you regularly from now on.
In the last few months and years i got a bit an idea myself how dark it can be out there in a world without God.
Here are some of the verses that have come to my mind recently:
What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us? Romans 8:31
He said, "Listen, all you people of Judah and Jerusalem! Listen, King Jehoshaphat! This is what the LORD says: Do not be afraid! Don't be discouraged by this mighty army, for the battle is not yours, but God's. 2 Chronicles 20:15
that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,Philippians 3:10
You are doing a most important ministry, may God reward you richly one day!

2014/5/15 4:28
mama27

Re:

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement, and the verses, and mostly for your prayers....words cannot express my gratitude!

2014/5/15 8:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy