Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prayer Request

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Confirmation

Just to let you guys know an update: tonight I went to a church having a series of revival meetings and listened to a powerful message delivered by a lovely lady by the name of Majorery Allen. At the conclusion of her message she spoke in tongues twice and provided the interpretation each time. In one of those interpretations it was almost like the word the Lord gave to me last week. I believe God had me there tonight to confirm the word, in case I be tempted to doubt.

2003/9/7 21:02Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

That made the hair on my arms grow an extra inch!
I think that is the very first time I have heard of anyone speaking in tounges [i][b]and[/b][/i] providing an interpetation...and the confirmation...wow.
Will continue to pray.

2003/9/7 21:09Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
In one of those interpretations it was almost like the word the Lord gave to me last week. I believe God had me there tonight to confirm the word, in case I be tempted to doubt.

Thats a great truth that God will confirm his leading in your heart through other people. Thats great! ;-)

2003/9/8 0:27Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

I think that is the very first time I have heard of anyone speaking in tounges and providing an interpetation.

Well, the Bible does say that if somebody speaks in tongues, they should pray that they might also interpret. :) I cannot personally recall if that is the first time I've seen it done.

2003/9/8 21:29Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Precisely!
I guess that's why I was so surprised.
My experience unfortunately has been of the unbiblical kind, in fact it is actually the exact opposite of what is laid out in scripture.

2003/9/8 23:18Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I'm probably one of the few pentecostals who has always been around geniune manifestations of tongues in worship services. Though, on a few online voice chat things, I've heard people fake it, or have been around a few folks who have joked saying "the way you speak in tongues is to say 'see my tie tie my tie, who stole my honda' really fast." I've heard numerous false prophecies though, but, it was at a neo-charismatic (Rick Joyner) church... where such is to be expected.

2003/9/9 5:41Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Not wanting to drift off the main topic of this post, I thought it best to reply in the 'tounges' thread. Don't want to lose what at is issue here, your situation, which will be continued to be prayed over.
_/crsschk\_

2003/9/9 10:58Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Tonight at school, I was talking to some sisters in the Lord, and I was seeking their counsel on the matter mentioned on this thread, one of them told me that this past sunday, that they preached a message this past Sunday similar to the word I received. Amazing how God confirms things.

2003/9/9 21:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy