SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What gospel was preached?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
DesertRose

Boston.MA

What gospel was preached?

I need help with the following:
I understand the gospel to be 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. Yet Luke 9:6 says; And they departed and went through the villages, preaching the gospel and healing everywhere. Christ death and resurrection had not yet taken place.So what was the gospel they preached?

2010/12/22 16:48Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re: What gospel was preached?

I believe it at this time to be:" The kingdom of God is at hands"
bohold the lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world, the long waited Messiah is now come.

It was the fulfillment of what Jesus read in Isaiah when the book was handed to Him.

2010/12/22 17:00Profile

Re:

The gospel they preached was the same gospel Jesus preached which they carried on even after Jesus resurrection. Paul and all the apostles and the followers of Jesus preached that:
the kingdom of God is coming to earth, and it's nearer now than ever. . . Jesus is the only way into becoming part of this kingdom, and until you repent (turn away from yourself)and be converted (follow God believing on Jesus Christ), you will never see God's kingdom.

*phaney nods his head agreeing with unto babes*

2010/12/22 18:00
Lysa

East TN for now!

I’m going to get sidetracked a minute but please bear with me DesertRose....

I know there are a few out there in Christian land today who seek “signs” but please take notice that from Luke 9.6, no one then knew to seek signs. This is what happened... strange men came into town preaching and laying hands on the sick and then healing happens everywhere!!!

We say that they were part of the preaching the Gospel (Kingdom) of God... which it was but oh if we expect that today why are we accused of “seeking signs,” “running after signs,” etc.? Just saying.... Its looks to me like the two went hand in hand... preaching and healing.

Why isn’t that same gospel being preached today? Just wondering....

Lisa

2010/12/22 20:02Profile

Re:

We say that they were part of the preaching the Gospel (Kingdom) of God... which it was but oh if we expect that today why are we accused of “seeking signs,” “running after signs,” etc.? Just saying.... Its looks to me like the two went hand in hand... preaching and healing.

Why isn’t that same gospel being preached today? Just wondering....

Lisa

That same gospel is not being preached by most because they don't trust God to do like he has done. . .even though He says he never changes.

What a person really believes will be affirmed by their actions. These are the two aspects of faith(fulness) in God.

Just a guess?????
Maybe this is hardly ever seen because there has hardly ever been those who believe it. . .

. . .then again, Jesus could do no great miracle in His hometown because nobody believed what he said.

Thinking about the post-modern philosophic/materialistic/scientific meta-paradigm most third worlder's adhere to, it's obvious that without God's Spirit working in the hearts and lives of people "ain't nuttin' goin' on."

God's Spirit manifests and operates outwardly in the daily things when we deny ourselves, take up our cross, and follow Jesus.
(Make it the only lifestyle and watch God work.)

Many times we see God confirms the preaching of His Word with VISIBLE signs and wonders following.
So if there are no VISIBLE signs and wonders following, what is being preached?

Check these things out:

Is what the preacher/teacher listened to encouraging that in Jesus Christ God has appointed you to go tell everyone about Jesus finished work towards it's end purpose?

Do they train (disciple) to do what Jesus says do?

Jesus did not just die for people, and he did not die so we can go to heaven.

Jesus died to legally take back ownership of everything existing in this time continuum that was stolen from Him just before we got ourselves kicked out of The Garden.

God's got this layaway plan in effect right now.

Not willing that any should perish, he's taking just a bit of time before he comes to take possession of His merchandise.

How ashamed will we all be when we, on that great day "knowing as we are known", realize what He had made us to be in this world right here right now?

Shalom,

gregg

2010/12/22 22:32
intrcssr83

Logan City, Queensland, Australia

Re:

Thought I'd recommend this message by John Piper entitled "Did Jesus preach the Gospel of evangelicalism?" wherein he responds to the criticism that modern evangelicalism's gospel presentation(s) is derived more from the teachings of Paul rather than of Jesus.

http://desiringgod.org/resource-library/conference-messages/did-jesus-preach-the-gospel-of-evangelicalism

In short, Jesus' depiction of the kingdom in his sermons and parables IS what one of the receiving end of Justification should experience.

2010/12/23 2:05Profile
fromtheold

South Africa

And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.

And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all.

And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

2010/12/23 3:20Profile

Hi DesertRose.......

Luk 4:18 "The Spirit of the Lord is on Me; because of this He has anointed Me to proclaim the Gospel to the poor. He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim deliverance to the captives, and new sight to the blind, to set at liberty those having been crushed,
Luk 4:19 to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord."
Luk 4:20 And rolling up the book, returning it to the attendant, He sat down. And the eyes of all in the synagogue were fastened on Him.
Luk 4:21 And He began to say to them, Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your ears.

2010/12/23 5:58
DesertRose

Boston.MA

Thank you for your input. It is encouraging to my soul to read scriptures of Christ's kingdom come to earth and the manifestation and mission of His kingdom as proclaimed from Isaiah in Luke 4. This by the way is one of my favorite Scriptures.
It is interesting that Christ was born into the chaotic kingdom of Herod's rule.The two kingdoms were in conflict right away as mentioned in Matthew 2:16.
I have learned that when I begin to question certain portions of scripture that I would have just read over without thinking, God is leading me into a deeper revelation of Himself.
I am thankful that I could present this question on this forum. You have been gracious to respond.
I am still digging deeper into the word to understand.

2010/12/23 7:53Profile
DesertRose

Boston.MA

Re:

Thank you. I will listen.

2010/12/23 7:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy