Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : SIN AND SACRIFICE

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

SIN AND SACRIFICE

SIN AND SACRIFICE
By Lahry Sibley
One of satan’s devices in the great deception that abounds in this hour (the Apostasy), is that he will dilute and pollute sound doctrine and Biblical terminology in order to bring confusion among people who assemble frequently and call it church. Now the reason I have to word what I just said the way that I did is because most of what is “called church” today, is not CHURCH. They are deceived, and they are not born again. They think they are “saved” when according to the Word of God, they are not.
I’m not trying to step on anyone’s toes here. I’m merely reacting to what I see before me every day. Please understand, that what I see grieves me to the depths of my soul. I write not from a pedestal of pride, but from a dungeon of sorrow and anguish over lost souls who profess to be saved.
My sorrow is that I have many friends who live in the GREAT LIE and think all is well. They are fully expecting a welcome reception when they arrive at eternity. But comparing their testimony with what the Word of God actually says, and the way they live their lives, I am in agony of fear for them…..and for many of you who may read this.
Satan’s ploy in the Garden of Eden has not changed. He stirred up excitement in Eve’s heart by exciting the desires of the eyes, the desires of the flesh, and pride. The second and deadly thing that he challenged here with is in effect, “that’s not what God said”. He challenged the clear Word of God! Now remember, that Eve was not there when God gave the commandment to her husband. She got it from the husband and not directly from God. So when satan hit her with “that’s not what God said”, a twinge of doubt sunk deep in her heart. Temptation.
Please dear reader understand. Temptation is NOT SIN!!!! Jesus was tempted. I dare say no sane person would ever accuse the Lord of sin. Thank you. So we must understand that a bad thought or desire in our sensual appetites for what the Bible says is sin, is NOT SIN until it becomes a willful act. Eve acted upon the temptation excited by the hypothesis of satan. Her act of eating the forbidden fruit became her sin.
What is sin? Well, we must let the Bible tell us what sin is. 1 John 3 has the clearest definition, and our relationship to sin as true believers. So let’s take a look……
1Jn 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
1Jn 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
1Jn 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
1Jn 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
Sin then, is a willful act of breaking or transgressing God’s law. One of the interesting characteristics of the old testament definition is a “misstep or slip of the foot”. Now “slips” can be unforeseen, or they can be a deliberate act. Let’s say you are walking on a trail, and you put your foot down and the ground gives way. That would be an unforeseen misstep. But as you go along, and you see this sign “keep out, soft footing” and you ignored the sign and willfully stepped into that area, whatever consequences you incur will find little sympathy from others, even God. Sin is a trespass of God’s law. God’s law comes in two forms. One is a directive, or “go this way”, Love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. Keep Holy the Sabbath Day. Honor your father and mother. All of these are directives to do. The others are “keep out” signs. Or “No Trespassing” signs.
If a man puts up a NO TRESPASSING, QUICK SAND SIGN, it generally means do not proceed beyond that point. Is the sign evil? Was it put there will malice intent? No! It was put there because the one who placed it there had your well being in mind. He loved you enough to warn you that what was just beyond that point was not good for you, even could be fatal if you proceeded. So the law, the sign post of prohibition is not to keep us from something good, but something evil. Do not attempt to make a graven image of God. Do not use the Holy Name of God in vain. Do not bear false witness. To do so brings evil upon us and our hearer. Do not steal. To do so brings evil upon our life. Do not murder. Wrath is waiting for those who do. Don’t do that! Do not allow your flesh to become immoral in sexual activity. Do not envy and desire with disdain toward your neighbor for the goods he may possess or the wife he is joined too.
God loved us enough to warn us of the dangers and death that await those who go beyond His clear warning signs. Again, are the signs evil? No!!! Is God our enemy for putting them in place? NO!!!! Both are good because both are there as a demonstration of love and prevention from loss of life. To transgress God’s law is DEATH!
Now, I want to make it clear that I am speaking to those who call themselves “born again”, or “church members”, ….”saved”. Why? Because that is who John is speaking to above. His letter is written to churches.
According to this beloved Apostle, those who “say” they are Christians and yet walk in willful transgression of God’s law are in fact of the devil. Can my agony be any deeper than this? People who tell themselves and others, admitting that they “sin” willfully every day, and yet say they are Christians? What kind of witness is that, in the light of what our Apostle and brother gave us so long ago? It is a lie! And we know who is the father of all lies!
Ok, now here is where I’m severely jumped on and accused of “sinless perfection”. So let me address that right here and now, if I may.
We all yet live in these corrupted bodies, the body or flesh of man will never be converted. Its heart is infinitely wicked, according to the prophet Jeremiah. It is corrupt to God’s will and desire for us as it can be. Amen. It is. You and I know it. So in our everyday life, yes, we all do things reactive that we later remember and understand that God’s Word prohibits such behavior. They are spur of the moment acts and yes they transgress sound Biblical teaching. Repent and be forgiven, by grace. This is not an act of the will. This is precisely where grace comes in and the blood of Jesus cleanses us. But the sin that John is speaking of above is a willful act of “I know it’s God’s law and it says I cannot and must not do this, but I’m going to do it anyway”. That is sin unto death!!!! If you wander and worry about every little act and omission in paranoia, you have not entered in the REST OF CHRIST. Many folks are living in this kind of fear. That is not REST.
Then there is the other crowd who says no matter what I do, willful or not, grace covers it all. This, beloved cannot be proven in scripture, and the above passage and so many others like it prove you a liar. You are deceived and your are teaching others your deception when you open your mouth and speak of it.
Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Well? Guess what? God does forbid. How can you be dead to something that is still alive in your life? Hello? Now the sin spoken of here is willful transgression, not mistakes and omissions. But to know it’s wrong and do it is willful sin, beloved. And its wages are still death, for saint and sinner alike.
Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
You’ve heard the old expression “curiosity killed the cat”? Well, beloved, curiosity can kill the saint, too. “I know it’s wrong, but I’m going to just see what will happen.” Kiss your eternal life goodbye. That’s what will happen. Ask Adam how many sins are too many. Ask Cain. Ask Achan how many was too many. Ask Moses how many was too many. And the list goes on and on, beloved. We have a great cloud of witnesses. We have been set free from the dominion of sin. How is it you keep running back to it, except you be reprobate? Your testimony divulges your believing what is not true to be true. I do not doubt your sincerity. I do proclaim by the Word of God that you are sincerely wrong!!!
Let not sin therefore reign (have authority to rule) in your mortal body! If “I’m under grace, not under the law, no problem” is how you live and who you are, you are now without excuse because God has sent you a witness to tell you that you do not know the truth and you are living deceived and lost. REPENT!!! Or PERISH!!!!!
God’s Word says what it says. Just because you bend it and break it to suit yourself and your lusts does not affect what is waiting for you on judgment day. To hell with your words! Only God’s Word will stand. What you thought or what you were taught means nothing! You willfully break God’s laws, you will DIE! ETERNALLY!!!!!
Act 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
You have a personal responsibility to search the scriptures and know the Word of God for yourself. Now what others tell you it says. But what the Holy Spirit opens to you, that is what is rock solid.
Some pastors are just as big of liars as the devil. Why? Because like so many of you who will read this and cry “stone him, stone him”, they are lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God. Selah.
Oh “true born again child of God”, listen to what the Word says….
Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
Heb 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
You who boast of your daily sin, does this not make you tremble and shake inside? If you have understood the true Gospel and you have been crucified with Christ by faith and are walking in the newness of life, and you willfully transgress God’s law, you have trampled the blood of Jesus under foot and you are HOPELESSLY LOST!!! For there is no more sacrifice for you sins. Oh my, can anything be more pathetically horrible than this? If there is, I know not what it would be. Oh dear one, listen to God. He is speaking to YOU right now. Never mind what others say, what God’s Word says is what counts, for death, or life eternal with Him.
Maybe you did not fully understand this until now. I hope that somehow I have made this clear. Now you know. So you must make a choice, here and now. You are without excuse, beloved. From this moment on, no excuse. You will either obey God and not willfully transgress His law, or you will perish if you do. Please seek Him while He is yet to be found. Run to Him and REPENT……or you will surely PERISH. Not my Word…..but God’s Word. It will remain and direct all of creation forever and ever and ever and ever. Amen. - Lahry

2010/12/13 1:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy