danielprabu

A best Christian Biography to Read

Please read the book by Reinhard Bonnke - Living a life of Fire

2010/12/12 1:57Profile

Re: A best Christian Biography to Read

any key notes you want to touch on?

2010/12/15 3:20

Re: A best Christian Biography to Read

John Bunyan's "Grace abounding to the chief of sinners!" is a truly awesome work. I wept some, touching his heart as he paid the price for a free gospel with much suffering to himself, and his family. In this process, he lost his young blind daughter, the "apple of his eye", while he was imprisoned, and could not provide adequately for her and his wife.

By all reasoning, Bunyan was too ignorant to have penned "Pilgrims Progress"; the best selling Christian devotional of all time. His greatest accomplishment, I believe, was opening the doors to a free gospel, through his protest, that subsequently brought Great Britain into her brightest day of gospel enterprise throughout the world.

Secondly, George Whitefield's "Journal" about his first American visit. Wow! Here is a young man devoted and submitted to the dealings of the Holy Spirit. Whitefield said YES! Lord....

I like these Whitefield quotes;

"Take care of your of your life and the Lord will take of your death."

"It is better to rust out than wear out." BT

2010/12/15 9:55
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: can you explain this quote, please

"It is better to rust out than wear out."

By my understanding, rust comes from disuse and neglect, things wear out from much use. Unless they wear out from rubbing against another thing which causes conflict.

It can rust out just sitting there not being used but the only way to wear something out is by using it. If it is my faith being rusted I am in dire straights.

Clearly you see something in that quote, I would like to hear your viewpoint because I find myself in agreement with most everything else you post.

I completely agree with you about Bunyan.

Regards,
white stone

2010/12/15 10:29Profile

Re:

"It is better to rust out than wear out."

"By my understanding, rust comes from disuse and neglect, things wear out from much use. Unless they wear out from rubbing against another thing which causes conflict.

It can rust out just sitting there not being used but the only way to wear something out is by using it. If it is my faith being rusted I am in dire straights." Whitestone

I think he said the opposite White Stone....and someone reversed it and I copied and pasted it.....Sorry....

"It is better to WEAR out, than to RUST out"...would make more sense....

I just read <wikipedia.org>'s history on Whitefield. The man shook the world for the cause of Jesus; and wore out at the young age of 56, after many, many exceptional exploits in His name.

Thanks for catching this....Tom

2010/12/15 12:42
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Glad to hear the explanation. Then, yes, I agree, that is an excellent statement. :)

white stone

2010/12/15 18:32Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I recommend "The memoirs of Robert Murray Mcheyne by Andrew Bonar" and also "The Spiritual Secret of Hudson Taylor."

2010/12/15 18:39Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

The best chapter in Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret is called "The Exchanged Life". I had a similar revelation from the Lord and it was life changing indeed. Read the chapter here:

http://www.deeper-devotion.net/exchanged-life.html

2010/12/15 19:08Profile
Giggles

Re:

The Apostle by John Pollock
To The Golden Shore by Courtney Anderson

2010/12/15 23:02Profile
Madefree

Alabama

Re:

The autobiography of John G. Paton, a five hundred page book filled with is labor on the Hebrides Islands. He lost his friends and wife on that island and had the guard their graves from the cannibals that would dig them up and eat them. His faith is amazingly demonstrated and God gets all the glory throughout.

The Vision Forum currently publishes it as "Missionary Patriach"

2010/12/15 23:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy