Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : DAILY LIGHT - DECEMBER 11 MORNING

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 DAILY LIGHT - DECEMBER 11 MORNING

Let not your good be evil spoken of.

Abstain from all appearance of evil. - Providing for honest things, not only in the sight of the Lord, but also in the sight of men. - For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men.

But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters. Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

Brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. - Take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak. - Whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. - Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

ROM. 14:16. I Thes. 5:22. -II Cor. 8:21. I Pet. 2:15. I Pet. 4:15,16. Gal. 5:13. -I Cor. 8:9. Matt. 18:6. Matt. 25:40.

2010/12/11 12:54Profile

EVENING REFLECTIONS - DECEMBER 11

Broken Bread
DAILY DEVOTIONS FROM THE DAILY LIGHT

by
Evan Hopkins

Let not your good then be evil spoken of.--Rom. 14:6

These words should be taken with the context. The apostle is referring to the liberty they had as Christians as to Jewish meats and days. That liberty was well founded, and so might be called "good." But it might be evil spoken of by the evil it does to others. This they were to do all in their power to prevent. They were not to be indifferent as to whether their conduct would be misunderstood. They were to take the pains to give no offense. "Abstain," says the same apostle, "from all appearance of evil" (1 Thess. 5:22). Again, the Apostle Peter says,"For so it is the will of God, that with well-doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men" (1 Pet. 2:15). "Take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak" (1 Cor. 8:9). The matters referred to were questions of conscience. To act against one's conscience is sin. There was this danger lest through their liberty touching meats they should tempt weak bretheren to act against their conscience. It is here that watchfulness and consideration for others are so necessary.

2010/12/11 15:15

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy