SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : overcoming sin?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread

Re:

This is wonderful learnermike and the repliers after.

You've hit it on the head alright. GOD Bless you indeed, all of you - for making me smile. Thank you!

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

2010/12/10 9:58
Lesserlight

Re:

Hello again learnermike

I have an unction that the day is coming when you will be called "teachermike"

Actually God's Law was one of judgment of good and evil but Jesus did not condemn sinners but instead saves them

You have hit nail on the head for why it so difficult for Jesus in our heart to be able to at all times of tribulation and peril to remain the Lord of our heart and not allow our emotions to cause us to slip...... that came pretty close to happening to me while contributing to this thread. Fortunately Jesus prevailed and I have strong feeing that was accomplished with some help from the prayers of others.

The problem we have with Jesus being in our hearts 24/7 is because Jesus is the truth but much of what we are taught from time of our youth is not the truth. Christ is the seed that is planted in us that is to take root and grow into a fruit producing tree in the image of Jesus Christ.

However that seed can only grow as long as it is being fed truths from heaven and not the earthly doctrines of man. All they serve is to feed the flesh of man that got its start from the seeds of the knowledge of good and evil consumed by Adam and Eve.

Undoing all that is taught that is contrary to God is only accomplished through teaching the truths that are not taught that in turn will cause the seed that is Christ to grow into a fruit producing tree.

To do so is quite an undertaking and for me it has been about eight months and nearly 90,000 words that God willing will go to the publisher on tuesday.

Meanwhile you seem to be in pretty good company here that will do their best to help you to grow in Christ.

Blessings

Doug

2010/12/10 11:07Profile
RainMan

Re:

Give us [This day] our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses

2010/12/10 11:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy