SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Support : Are Personal Messages (IMs) on SI, Private?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Are Personal Messages (IMs) on SI, Private?

Hey just checking in. Hope y'all are having a wonderful day in the Lord.

Something occurred to me and I would like to bring it up to the Moderators of this site.

Have you ever read or do you read member's private messages to each other? What I mean is do you read our messages to other brothers or sisters.

I know you have the ability as site owners to do this and would like to know if you do this as a practice or have done it?

Appreciate your transparency and honesty.

Pilgrim

[email protected]

2010/12/4 12:15
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Are Personal Messages (IMs) on SI, Private?

All content that is sent on sermonindex.net is essentially owned by sermonindex.net so we can review any content. I have reviewed some private messages in the past to work out an spam issue.

As a rule I do not really look at any private messages nor even have the time to do so.

God sees all our messages we write and we are accountable before God for everything written.

2010/12/4 12:42Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

God sees all our messages we write and we are accountable before God for everything written.

Yes, your correct brother Greg, we will accountable before God, even the good stuff in the eyes of God we write, that may be bad stuff in the eyes of man. Pleasing to God can be sometimes unpleasing to man. Again as you and I will both agree, if you Pray before you say, if God has lead us to say, and he is truly speaking through us, regardless of what we say, we all have to be very careful and open minded to receive, it may just accidentally help us in our walk. Romans 3:23 comes to mind, For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God, I know I have, many, many times, but it's made me a better person.

2010/12/4 13:04Profile

Re:

Hi brother Greg,

I just want to make sure everything is ok between you, the other moderators and myself.

You don't think I am a spammer, do you?

I don't publicize my blog or other web sites.

I have been very active in the forum, but that's ok, right?

I mean that's what the forums are for.

We're not here to tickle ears or flatter anyone, and neither should we be here to pick a fight?

From what I have read, it seems like the whole lot of us make mistakes.

But, as brothers and sisters in the Lord, it seems to me that everyone does a pretty good job of walking in peace with one another.

I certainly want to walk in peace with everyone including those in authority over this website.

I think the only correction I have had is "not to post so much". But , if there is anything else, please let me know. You can do it right in this thread. I don't need a private I'M.

Also, in thinking over my posts the last couple of days, I apologize if I offended you regarding my remarks on Bill Gothard, Tithing, Clergy/Laity, etc. You fill in the blanks. Also, remarks on Calvinism.

I'm sure you don't want your forum to be a place where everyone has to please you and line up with your thoughts and flatter you left and right. That would be terrible and I am confident that even you would agree. Neither, would I assume that you want men to be in a state of fear, thinking they may get bounced from the forum or any number of other "punishments".

This is kind of your "church", since you have local authority over men in regards to SI. I have read all your many rules and really appreciate the generosity and grace you extend to everyone. I'm sure your generosity stems from the fact that even you and the other Moderators can't seem to keep all the rules, either. Grace is good. We are all so very fallible. It is evident that none of us can keep the letter of the law.

But, please let us know when your feathers get ruffled and you can't seem to deal with it effectively unless you talk about it. I would love to see the Moderators engage more in the discussions on a brother to brother basis, rather than Moderator to brother.

Thanks for treating us like full grown men and women who have the Spirit of God and know Him.

Sincerely and with much kindness, Pilgrim

2010/12/4 14:35

Re:

Quote:
All content that is sent on sermonindex.net is essentially owned by sermonindex.net so we can review any content.

Okay, this is new information. Does that mean that any information that is PM'd is stored on SI even when it's deleted by the user? Not that I am hiding anything, but this is good to know. Thanks

2010/12/4 15:06
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

private messages when deleted are not on the site or server anymore.

2010/12/4 15:14Profile

Re:

Quote:
This is kind of your "church", since you have local authority over men in regards to SI

Greg would find this to be absolutely unnecessary information, because he doesn't recognize that SI is a Church setting. He is providing a service whereby believers and perhaps even non believers can come in and hear godly sermons and be blessed by the websites contents. Greg is pretty easy to get along with, and like you and I are seeking His Kingdom.

The way to go about discussing a topic like Tithing, would be to hear a message on this site that deals with tithing and than start a discussion in "Articles and Sermons", mentioning the preacher who preached it and commenting on what what was said. From there other believers will comment. It would help SI if we commented on the sermon itself and send in the comments to Greg so he can give each sermon a proper summary as to what the sermon is all about.

2010/12/4 15:22

Re:

Boing!! Snuf you just hit me in the head with a tennis ball. That is just what I needed. You are right, it is not a church.

2010/12/4 15:39

Re:

Wow what a nasty post with the repeated innuendo, jabbing and nasty niceness pilgrim777.
Greg is a better man then me, I would not take it.

Quote:
You don't think I am a spammer, do you?

Quote:
I have been very active in the forum, but that's ok, right?

Quote:
'm sure you don't want your forum to be a place where everyone has to please you and line up with your thoughts and flatter you left and right. That would be terrible and I am confident that even you would agree....

Quote:
I have read all your many rules ...

Quote:
even you and the other Moderators can't seem to keep all the rules, either.

Quote:
But, please let us know when your feathers get ruffled and you can't seem to deal with it effectively unless you talk about it

2010/12/4 16:13

Re:

Reverend,

You always read me wrong anyway. So, your post is not unexpected.

With sincerity and kindness to you, too.

Pilgrim

2010/12/4 16:17

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy