SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Many are called but few are chosen

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Many are called but few are chosen

And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. (Matthew 22:12-13)

"But the king shall rejoice in God; every one that sweareth by him shall glory: but the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped.(Psalm 63:11)

The man is speechless because he is a liar.

"And all liars shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.(Revelation 21:8)

Many are called but few are chosen. Many liars who say they are Christians, and are called to the wedding of the lamb, but bear the unfruitful deeds of darkness and the image of Satan, will not be chosen to inherit eternal life. Satan lies to them that they are a Christian, and they believe it, when in truth, their very lives prove that they are not a child of God.

And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him. (Mark 12:17)

At the Judgement seat of Christ a similar situation will occur, he will look at us and see whose image we bear, the Image of Satan, or the Image of God. Those of Satan will be rendered to Satan to bear everlasting punishment in a lake of fire where the smoke of their torment will rise for ever.

And those of God will be rendered to God and will inherit life everlasting.

Every time you lie you stamp the image of Satan upon your soul.

The man who was speechless at the wedding feast is like the American coin which says "In God We Trust" in little letters but has a much larger image stamped on it,the image of Satan.His faith is the same as the demons because he had no righteous works ,and will therefore spend eternity with those demons in outer darkness.

The speechless man lacked a wedding garment because he lacked righteousness.

And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. (Revelation 19:8)

The righteousness of the saints is the righteousness of Jesus Christ and he says "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." (John 14:12)

But without Jesus "we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away." (Isaiah 64:6)

Filthy rags, or menstrual cloth, is what our own righteous deeds are like. They are unfruitful. Only works by the Spirit of Christ are fruitful. And if his Spirit is not in you then you do not belong to Him. If his Spirit is in you then you will do the works he did, you will bear fruit for the glory of God.

And if you say you belong to Him and do not have a wedding garment, but are instead clothed in filthy rags and poisonous fruit, then you are a liar, and the truth is not in you.

There is still time to repent, there is still an open door to Christ and his wedding feast, but time is running out, flee from the father of lies and cleave unto Christ lest you hear the sound of the door slamming shut echoing in your mind forever.

2010/12/3 22:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy