SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : SI Forums A Testimony For Christ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brothers and Sisters,

As per these discussions here is an updated version of the community rules which is a first step in many to see us continue this wonderful testimony that God is doing on the website.

Updated: SermonIndex Forum Disclaimer / Community Rules
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=36384&forum=13

I encourage everyone who has not read it and are faithful posters to please read and review it.

2010/12/4 14:07Profile

Re: SI Forums A Testimony For Christ?

I've had to truly ponder what "The Testimony of Jesus" or "for Christ" truly is in order to come to some major conclusions and for my own life as well.
The title of this thread is in the form of a question. I've presumed answers are expected. Our own personal feelings, regardless of what they may be.

To be a "testimony to Jesus" we need to know Who we're discussing here and what He is like.

Mark 12:29 - "The LORD our GOD is One LORD."

Every Divinely inspired word in our Bibles is The Logos - The Word of GOD Who we now call Jesus. He is GOD.

"GOD is THE TRUTH - GOD is HOLY - GOD is LOVE."
These are the "three legged stool" that make up The Character of GOD. If one leg is shortened or missing, then we are not representing The Alpha and Omega. From Genesis to the Revelation - He is The First and The Last.

Remove or distort "Truth" and we are no longer discussing GOD Almighty - The Creator.
Remove or distort "His Holiness" and we are no longer discussing The One True GOD.
Remove or distort "His Love" and it is not from "GOD our Saviour".

His Truth - His Holiness and His Love are Him, in EQUAL measures.

If we present Him in any lesser way - disregarding one of these Three - we are not representing The One True GOD nor "the testimony of Jesus".

The "church" has mangled and tampered with the Character of GOD - removing the necessity of Truth in most circles and/or Holiness in others. Or making Holiness a work of the flesh, rather than by "walking in His Spirit" and choose their own definition of what "Christian Love" looks like.
The majority have little to do with searching after His Ultimate Truths.
This is the Apostacy that we're seeing.

Following men is the most dangerous practice in these days.
I have to be honest, though it hurts right now. This is not a 'small' debate over some minor doctrine. Other than defending the Deity of Christ - I fear this topic most - so am willing to stick my neck out on this one, whatever becomes of me for doing so.
John Piper shared the pulpit with both Mark Driscoll and Rick Warren and now I see two excused.
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=35335&forum=21&63
If we are still unaware that Rick Warren is one of the main players in bringing about a one-world-religious system, then we have been blinded for years.
The so-called "new Reformation" is Christianity joined to Global Politics - a type of Dominionism.
How can this be stressed affectively enough, for the danger that it holds?

We've become guilty of throwing Truth (Himself) into the streets and Truth has been trampled upon and Not Upheld.

We have taken the 'Nature' of GOD and split It assunder.

The question is - in different wording - "Have we been a testimony to Christ Jesus?"
I for one must answer, no. Not to the True Character that is GOD.
We have only been a testimony to a "Jesus/God of our own making."

You can't have His Love without His Truth. The Three are inseperable. His Love and His Holiness are based upon His Truth. Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.

We've excused or endorsed "A different spirit and a different Jesus" in the 'church' -- exactly as He said it would be.

Isa 59:13-15 In transgressing and lying against the LORD, and departing away from our God, speaking oppression and revolt, conceiving and uttering from the heart words of falsehood.
And judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter.
Yea, truth faileth; and he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey: and the LORD saw it, and it displeased him that there was no judgment.

I've been away, geographically, for the last 14 months and only used a library computer a very few times during that time. I just read this thread I posted above, late last night.
I was speechless last night - but I've resolved since, that though I love His Body, where HE IS The Head - that I will never follow a living man again, (except the Two Witnesses, if they are revealed in my lifetime), so help me GOD, for the remainder of my life, sadly, Amen.
I'm do not possess the gift of 'expression', but I can only pray that Love for His Body could come through this post regardless of 'me'.
GOD is able to teach through His Word alone, with His Spirit of Truth and fulfill "the testimony of Jesus" which is the "spirit of prophecy" by Himself - until we see Him Face to face.

I did look forward to settling back down and being able to come back online for fellowship, in Spirit & Truth, but now all I can do is pray in my closet that we see the fulfillment of Jesus' prayer in John 17, when we shall be one, as He and Father are One, in Truth, Holiness and Love.
That is my prayer - for His Testimony to be fulfilled.

2010/12/4 15:38

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy