SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : GOD USES PEOPLE TO PROCLAIM HIS WORD - David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

GOD USES PEOPLE TO PROCLAIM HIS WORD - David Wilkerson

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2010
GOD USES PEOPLE TO PROCLAIM HIS WORD

I think the majority of Christians would like to escape to some safe, quiet hideaway in the mountains to keep from being tainted by all the iniquity surrounding them. Many despair, saying, "What can one Christian do about all this moral degradation? What can one church do in such a huge, wild and wicked city? It's enough for me just to stay close to Jesus, so I don't get carried away with the flood."

Others think, "Is there really anything I can do—an insignificant Christian like me? I have no money, no training, no influence—only a great love for Jesus!"

We often expect God to move in one of two ways: By sending a supernatural outpouring of his Holy Spirit to sweep multitudes into his kingdom, or by sending judgment to bring people to their knees.

But, beloved, that's not God's method of changing things in an evil day. His way of rebuilding ruins has always been to use ordinary men and women whom he has touched. And he does this by filling them with his Holy Spirit and sending them into warfare with great faith and power!

God is raising up a holy ministry consisting of men totally given to the Word and prayer. They do not lord it over anyone. They are caring men and women with hearts that are stirred, with no plan in mind but to seek, hear and obey God!

Next, God is calling you into immediate service. He needs the common man, the layman! He uses people whom the high priests would call "unlearned and ignorant men" (Acts 4:13).
The Bible also says that in the Upper Room at Pentecost, "They were all filled with the Holy Ghost" (Acts 2:4). All became mighty in battle and all were bold, powerful witnesses! These Spirit-filled believers did not include just Peter, James, John and the other well-known disciples, but also the widows, the young, the servants and the handmaidens!

We know that Stephen was full of the Holy Ghost—"full of faith and power" (Acts 6:8). He was not an apostle nor an ordained minister. In fact, he was chosen to serve tables for the church so the disciples could devote themselves to prayer and the ministry of the Word.

Stephen was an ordinary man full of the Spirit of God! You can be God’s witness to your city. He uses laymen who get alone with him, are stirred in their hearts, seek him in prayer—and go forth like Stephen, full of Holy Ghost faith and power!

2010/12/3 12:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy