SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : IHOP - Mike Bickle

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re: IHOP - Mike Bickle

*SIGH*

It is truly unfortunate that the judgement of God comes to all of Christianity, not just the IHOP.

NO ONE is going to escape what is coming - which is the threshing floor. Interesting thing about wheat, the chaff(hull) and the grain are beaten together until the chaff falls away from the grain and the wind blows it away leaving the wheat berry on the threshing floor all by itself, which comes first before it can be gathered into the barn (rapture).

If there is one thing that grieves the Holy Spirit it is this.

Drunkenness.

Everywhere in scripture when I read about this, it is always a sin, and those who indulge the flesh in this practice shall never inherit the kingdom of God, at least that is what the bible says:

"Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
1 Corinthians 6:10

Why would anyone EVER want to refer to the beautiful anointing of the Holy Spirit of God as "Getting Drunk"?

Why refer to something that is "so holy" and "so pure" and clean and good and refer to it as in the carnal, fleshly, unrepented, as a sinful indulgence of the flesh as "gettin drunk"? Doesn't anyone see the wrong in this?

It is truly wonderful to be filled with the Holy Spirit, but this is very holy and beautiful and not carnal like 'gettin drunk'. I love the presence of the Holy Spirit when He overshadows me; I love and worship God in my soul in those moments like I can never describe it here with words.

This is not the only reason why judgement comes.

I don't even know how to start this, but here goes.

This is the first judgement that comes, which falls on what is called the church - Christianity (all of the many thousands of denominations of it).

The Church received power for Godly living and testimony on Pentecost - It is through the righteousness and grace of God that the free gift of the Holy Spirit is given, even to us, who through obedience to the faith in Christ Jesus are made righteous by His shed blood...in that He took away our sins, and in the absence of sin the righteous requirements of the law are fulfilled; therefore, the Holy Spirit could come. It was not until Jesus Christ had ascended to the Father, after His resurrection, that the Holy Ghost could be given - which is the promise of the free gift.

And this is why the Holy Ghost could be given freely to us:

"Where there is no sin, the Law of God cannot condemn, but is fulfilled."

Jesus Christ, with His own blood entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption for us. It was not until sin was removed (through the cross of Christ), and the righteous requirements of the law were fulfilled (absence of sin), that the Holy Spirit could come, who wrote the laws of God on our hearts rather than on tablets of stone...even as it is written "I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds."

It is a common statement of Christianity today that we have to live with the "sinful nature" in this life as long as we live.

This is a lie!

The teachers of Christianity today take the Apostle Paul's writing out of context when he stated:

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. Romans 7:18-20

...they read this as though we have to live with this:

"no power for Godly living" always.

But the Apostle was referring to life "before" the Holy Ghost was given.

They miss what he says next in his logical basis of a procedure - his line of thought, rationale and teaching which is:

For what the law could not do(written law on tablets of stone), in that it was weak through the flesh (because we could not keep the law through the flesh), God (did) (by)sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh (took away the sins - so that power for holy living could be given by the Holy Ghost in us):

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us (absence of sin through the blood of Christ), who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:3-4

For if you live according to the flesh (For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do) you will die; but if by the (Holy)Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body (power for righteous and holy living), you will live. Rom 8:13 (parenthesis emphasis above is mine)

And this is why judgment comes, because we have neglected so great a salvation...which is the God life in us through His Holy Spirit.

But I cannot refer to the judgement of God without referring to His great mercies for humanity (of whom I am a largest recipient)...because as it is written God is not willing that any should perish.

And I am not talking about sinless perfection here (we still have to deal with Eph 6:12 on a daily basis which is NOT the sinful nature), but they will be taken out of the way soon enough as per: Revelation 12:7-10

... but I am referring to the way into the Holiest of All, the very presence of God (in us) - the Divine life, which God in his mercy has freely given to us (the embryo or seed of God in us)the God life, the new creation, the new birth.

And this is the judgment - a certain fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. - to deny the sanctifying work of the Holy Ghost through cessationist doctrine teachings. (Having a form of Godliness, but denying the power for Godly living - no God life in them)

We really need a true revival of the Holy Ghost...and we need a functioning body (Ephesians 4:11-13)

More on this latter, I really need to write this out.

God bless.

2010/12/3 1:54Profile
HyeSung

I appreciate Mike Bickle's resources (www.mikebickle.org) and have heard many testimonies of deliverance and healing coming from IHOP, plus I have the seen terrific fruit in my church. The houses of prayer and the "prayer movement", which IHOP stands behind, has changed the spiritual atmosphere in the churches in my area in many ways. Many churches are experiencing awakening to the HS and many in my church have grown a lot because of the teachings of Mike Bickle.

I understand the controversies of the past (Kansas City prophets, IHOPU's early days and cult allegations) and even Mike has apologized for his own immaturity. IHOP has matured in many ways and is a very fruitful organization.

I have heard people speak of this "kundalini spirit" and that is another story.

Blessings.

2010/12/11 1:31Profile
Giggles

From the forum rules:

"If you're posting a new topic, do not post something that has been discussed numerous times. Browse the forums first or use the Search function."

( https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=36384&forum=13 )

Please brethren, utilize the wonderful search feature, as Greg has exhorted, before posting.

For this topic, I quickly found:

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=007465431020570466359%3Adn1_kpmeho4&ie=UTF-8&q=mike+bickle+ihop&siteurl=www.google.com%2Fcse%2Fhome%3Fcx%3D007465431020570466359%253Adn1_kpmeho4

2010/12/11 2:35Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Search Function

Joe,

At the very top of the home page of Sermonindex is the search features:

Sermons by Speaker / by Scripture / by Topic / by Podcast / by Search

Here are two discussions that I found through “by Search.”

“IHOP is to be questioned.”
This is from 2010/4/19
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=33126&forum=48&start=80&viewmode=flat&order=0

NEW SHOCKING VIDEO - IHOP, Rick Joyner, Bill Johnson, Mike Bickle, John Crowder
This discussion from 2010/11/02
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=35750&forum=40&57

Good luck with this brother!
Lisa

2010/12/11 4:00Profile

Re: What does it take to wake up?

Below, is a post I put up in 2008 in response to Dmoney's testimony there.

" I was well received in a spirit of humility by the ministry leader Ed Hackett. He actually prophesied over my wife and I and was dead on. There was a confession that was recited and it had the Catholic Church in it. Because of serious false doctrine in the Catholic Church I believe that some one who knows Mike Bickle should talk to him about having a confession that seems to endorse the Catholic religion."
Dmoney's testimony at IHOP "One Thing" conference.

My brother, how could I belabor my point any more? A confession with the Catholic church IN IT? Could you PLEASE post that prayer confession? I didn't know that they had gone that far. [ publicly at least..]

dmoney..
"The real question is does IHOP teach salvation through Jesus Christ and to obey His command to love God with all your heart ,soul, mind and strength and to love each other as Christ loved you John 15:12-13 John 14:15-24 The answer to this Question is yes they do.

They have a deep allegiance to Jesus and his commands even to the point of death.Proverbs 4:7 tells us how to get understanding. This is exactly what IHOP teaches; total abandonment."......... dmoney

It is total abandonment to live a sacrificial life to the CAUSE, Mike's vision to be a forerunner; an Apostolic Prayer missionary. It is a NEO-MONASTIC order that emphasizes disciplines and duty to become that flame for God, and they use the exact Babylonian techniques that the RCC has used for millennia; and now evidently, according to your testimony, they are proclaiming the Catholic Catechism [ indoctrination ] over the vulnerable in prayer and Prophecy!

I don't know if I can say anything else. I'm stunned, frankly...that with this knowledge, and your apparent awareness of the Satanic nature of the RCC, and it's practice and doctrines ENDORSED and legitimized by IHOP; you continue to support them, and remain.

Are you being mesmerized by all the religious activity? Are you slowly being blinded? Is your hearing fading away? Brother...you know too much. Now your acting like your a part of them regardless of what they teach and do, because they are so "abandoned", and that is dangerous. They are abandoned to another gospel, and another spirit! can't you see that? It is a counterfeit religion of sacrifice and works. This spirit has cost many their eternal souls.

Brothertom.

2010/12/11 10:16

Re: The Black Horse Rides.

Mike had a puzzling spiritual encounter that involved a black horse, and himself being wounded by it as a smaller white horse, that he says was a monumental experience. This is the first time I have ever shared this publicly, but below is an open letter that describes my encounter with this entity.[dated Dec.,'10] As with all revelation, carefully discern yourself.

I want to say that Mike Bickle is filled with integrity and devotion, and a man whose word you may trust. I believe that he has fell into bondage, and alas, is taking many, many with him into this abyss. It is Babylon...New age ecumenicism.

THE BLACK HORSE.
In 1994 , while living in south Kansas City , and a part of KCF,[ Metro,] I had a vision. Part of it was "open", in that it was a reality; a participant was real, and alive. This being was Satan himself, as the Red Dragon. [his body upon the earth , especially in the affairs of men ; the progenitor of the religious spirit.]

It began in the living room of one of the many town houses that sprinkle the area. they are usually a living room at the door, and kitchen behind it, with a stairway that leads upward to two or three bedrooms.

There was a Christian gathering below; a fellowship happening. There were men and women relatively happy, eating finger-food, and intermingling. As I watched, I noticed the staircase leading upward to the bedrooms had a window at the turn , and there was a face looking in the window, that seemed vaguely familiar. It was the face of a man.

It drew me upwards, from curiosity, and intrigue. there was something about this face odd; different. I walked to the top turn of the stairs, and peered into the window, where I was face to face with the man.

As I watched, the face melted away, just like a wax museum face might when set near a fire. I saw the true identity of the man then. It was a living and menacing dragon, a reddish one. This being was alive, as big as a house, and the body was a perfect replica of the dragon you may see in an old St. George etching, except that it was alive. It had cunning eyes, a snout similar to a crocodile, a tail, and a reddish hue around it.

I knew that it was Satan himself, behind the window. Menacing would be the emotions I felt.

I then watched the living room below, and there appeared a black horse with a rider. It was the biggest horse I had ever seen; perhaps 15 feet tall, very, very broad and strong. upon the horse was a man; dressed in black, with a Mohawk haircut, [ sides shaved, and a strip in the middle from neck to forehead..]. His hair was jet black, and stood strait up perhaps a foot high. He was in the middle of the living room, among the fellowship of the Christians.

As I watched, he turned the horse towards the wall, and it dissipated before my eyes, and the entire world appeared before me. He then burst right into the cosmos, and rode away with great speed and power into it.

The vision ended.

My thoughts: I had no idea the full meaning of this for 15 years. I knew, however, that it had to do with a religious spirit imparted to the church, and KCF in particular.

Once, at the Metro church bldg., down at Grandview, [where the church still meets..] I had another experience with this spirit. A man was speaking who was involved in prophetic ministry[ he will remain unnamed, unless you ask...]. He was exceedingly proud of the fact that he spent so much time praying, and meditating , and he was testifying to his own grand attainment as a deeply spiritual prophet. He went on and on...

I saw a reddish spirit , like a blanket, 10 by 20 feet, that came out of his mouth. This was not cartoonish; it was open, in reality. [ My eyes were open ]. This spirit floated above the 2000 or so people there, and wherever it traveled...[ a few feet above the heads of the congregation...] it NUMBED THEM, to the degree, that their heads dropped down, and they passed out for a few seconds.

This was a very pure form of what the religious spirit is; the attainment of man from man through man. It is satanic Babylon, and it is Satan himself in the church.

It was amazing, and very real. I watched this for a while, not knowing that I was in a vision, or trance...and poked my friend there with me, and cracked a joke. "This guy could make a million in an insomniac's convention!"

A spirit of hilarity came over me, like I have ever experienced. "I will laugh at their derision!"[ Yahweh ]. I believe it was a form of protection for me, an element of warfare.

THE BLACK HORSE AND MIKE BICKLE:

The Black Horse, in it's purist form is New Age Ecumenicalism, the idea of extreme grace; that many roads lead to God, and of the one mind that Babylon expresses through religious activity. There are very real and powerful deceiving spirits that are released through these "doctrines of devils", and they lay apart from the simple Pauline doctrines found in autonomous , grounded and the simple local church setting, with equal and plural, unprofessional shepherds.

It is indeed the one and same black horse that is ridden in Revelation, along with the other 3. It is marauding the entire Earth; it is the gospel that speaks of all religions touching God, and creates varied mechanisms that are work based to deceive men that they can attain God by performance.

It is coupled with real experience and power. It is as old as Babylon herself, where Satan first set up the global mind that would bring him worship; and ever so subtle. After the Cross, Rome carried her torch in the name of Christ, and all of her practices; ALL OF THEM.. and her practitioners, imparted the unclean spirits of the Red Dragon. The monasteries, and the monks also, were but the seed bed to be possessed by the black horse, and they also rode upon her.

It is here that Mike Bickle stumbled, by accepting the RCC devotees such as Bernard and Guyon and even unrepentant Fenelon as having touched the higher paths of the Lord, when they were but slaves of the wicked anointing. "Meditative" prayer; [ inward gazing..] became the vehicle, and then the manifestations, [ OF A PURE AND EVIL RELIGIOUS SPIRIT ] BECAME THE PROOF.[ they are demonic in nature.]

It is here that IHOP was born. It is seen by Mike as a vehicle to a deeper devotion, while in fact it is but a replica of the demonic monastic practices of pure Babylon, the mother of the new age ecumenical power that now has devoured much of the earth.

Most if not all of Mike's friends in "ministry" are now possessed or infiltrated by the same. If not repented of, there will be great danger of wrath, for surely Babylon will be judged and fall. It presents a counterfeit joy, and power...always. It produces high spirituality, and cold love. This is the mark of the black horse, and it has wounded Mike; and he is under it's hoofs even now.

Back to the gospel of Paul, and the local church in it's simplicity. This is the only pure way to attain purity to please God, and to do exploits under His guidance.

[ All for Jesus, no matter the cost..]...Tom Watkins

2010/12/11 10:30
Lysa

East TN for now!

To All,

Not one ministry (good or bad), is going to get by the Holy Spirit, not one. If they are bad, they will be shown forth as bad. The wheel grinds slowly but it grinds very finely. And if God is using them, do you really want to be found speaking evil of them? (any ministry?). I certainly don’t.

I think each one of us needs to worry about our own ministries; either God is working with you and confirming His word with signs following in your ministry... or He is not.

If He is not, then we had better stop putting down other people’s ministries and seek God as to why He is not confirming our ministry... what are we doing wrong in His eyes?

And if you have to add a “but” here, then I don’t believe that you’ve really read what’s been written; especially in the Bible. God is a big God, He can take care of Himself and if more people actually did have God confirming their ministries with signs following, I believe it would drown out all the other voices in the land.

God bless and just my humble two cents worth,
Lisa

2010/12/11 12:58Profile
learn

Re:

Earlier quote
[...and if more people actually did have God confirming their ministries with signs following, I believe it would drown out all the other voices in the land.]

Just had to address the above quote and its for any ministry in general.

Have not finished reading the thread yet (well, those with long posts), but the confirmation of a ministry etc is more when we see that the people are really saved. When they repent and change their lifestyles, their lives etc. True, signs and wonders may follow, but if this is the main criteria, instead of the whole other parts in the bible such as repent and take up our cross, then we may be very well deceived.

Don't forget these verses in the bible

Matthew 24:24
For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible.

2 Thessalonians 2:9
The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders,

There was 1 thread here recently that touched on another person and even the supporters of the person agreed that one should be more focused on the changes in one's lives. Well, a new person then came and support another person that was connected with those things and through her honesty she actually revealed that that person looked for confirmation of his ministry with signs and wonders and that his followers/young ones looked up at him and wanted to be like him. Hmm.... isn't it interesting that the followers were not aiming to be more like Jesus and look up to Jesus instead of the preacher? This is what happens when we are more interested in looking for signs/wonders instead of looking for changes in one's lives as per the bible. Looking for signs/wonders is not necessarily wrong, but if that's the confirming part while ignoring all the rest of the bible, we may possibly be misled.

Here's the thread I was talking about.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=36352&forum=35&17

Edit to add:
Also, its very important that we do not accept certain parts of the bible while discarding the rest. A person can change his behaviour to become good but if he follows a different gospel or his beliefs/actions/prayer etc is different from what the bible says, then we have to be very careful. People have changed their characters, selves etc to show 'fruit', becoming very humble, nice, sincere person in other religions too.

2010/12/11 16:01Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Learn

Quote:
learn wrote?
but the confirmation of a ministry etc is more when we see that the people are really saved. When they repent and change their lifestyles, their lives etc.

The day is fast approaching with all the addictions of people (even Christians) that God is willing to deliver these people; I believe He’s looking for people who are willing to walk in that kind of ministry. Are you willing to allow Him to use you in a deliverance ministry (or some way like that) or will you be with the crowd off to the side that is continually quoting Matthew 24.24 and 2 Thess 2.9 at them? I’m just being honest here; I’m not trying to be mean to you. We are going to have to run to the battle, no matter what it looks like.

And I just wanted to add that I wrote what the Bible says dear brother, I do not dare interpret what ‘confirm with signs following’ means; as you did. I do know that it does entail a changed life but that is not it!! There is so much more that we do not understand yet. He can confirm our ministries in any way, shape or form that he wants to. I refuse to fear the gifts of God.

I trust my God that if “I” walk uprightly before Him, He will withhold no good thing from me or those I minister too; no matter what they need or what it looks like!! To God be all the glory! (Part of walking uprightly before Him is not judging other’s ministries no matter how much you disagree with them.)

God bless you, Learn!
Lisa

PS: You probably won’t agree with me on this. If you must continue this, you can PM me your grievances so that we do not bog the thread down!! Our topic in not what the thread’s topic is about. God bless.

2010/12/11 16:52Profile
learn

Re: Learn

Lysa,

Is quoting the scriptures wrong. Am asking people to look to what the bible requires wrong rather than a part of it. There's nothing wrong in it. Didn't Paul warn and name of those that strayed or misled others. Warning people and asking them to look to the bible and for discernment is scriptural. We are to protect the flock, not be nicey nicey. Its very easy to wash our hands clean and say we do not want to judge, that we may be wrong etc. We always appear better when we do so. Its always harder (though some may enjoy and abuse it) to warn people, to ask them to search the bible etc as we are then perceived to be judging, etc. This is no fun part and something that I do not take pleasure in.

Edit to add this paragraph:
Also, the bible never mention the word 'trinity' but we understand that that is true. Are we then to say because the bible never mentioned the word 'trinity', that we are adding something false or something like that. Similarly, a ministy that is blessed by God, will see people's lives changed--where they repent and follow God. Does anyone dare to say that a blessed ministry will not see people repent and follow God? Didn't the bible mention the fruit of the spirit for people that are saved. Didn't the bible mention about repenting and taking up our cross. Also, bear in mind, I did not say that this was the only thing that would confirm a ministry. Edit to add: you wrote part of what the bible says with signs but am I then interpreting it wrong when I said what I said. (Why don't you mention about the changed lives--the evidence of being saved)--edit to add : the ones in () I withdraw because you did mention changed lives--sorry for that. But I think you are mistaken if you think 'a changed life is not it'. Its most likely the biggest part of a ministry (though not limited to this)--that people are saved and the proof that they are saved is a change in life (repent and carry your cross--isn't that what the bible is. God save us to preserve a people for Him. He uses the trials in our lives and the work He places us to do so that He can mold us to be more like Him and also that we may share and be blessed in us spreading the gospel and worshipping Him).Also, you mentioned that you refused to fear the gifts of God. Now, I certainly didn't mention anywhere that I refused the gifts of God if you are thinking that of me. If so, pls quote me because I certainly didn't say or imply it.

[Lysa's quote
(Part of walking uprightly before Him is not judging other’s ministries no matter how much you disagree with them.)]

Part of walking uprightly is to protect the flock, warn the people who may be misled. Can one stand before God and say that part of walking uprightly is not to warn people when they are being misled, no matter how much one may disagree with the ministry etc. Huh??

What I've written in this thread is for any ministry in general as I mentioned in my earlier post.

This is something for everyone to ponder:
If your child/loved ones is being led astray by someone/ministry, will you be happy/accept when others say
that I did not warn him because I am not to judge (after all the bible did mention not to judge) no matter how much I disagree with him.

Now, take a step further and imagine if your child is being led astray to take drugs/steal etc. Hey, don't say anything because one may judge, no matter how much one disagree with taking drugs/stealing etc.

If so, one is understanding the bible wrongly ie lack discernment. The bible ask us not to judge--yes. But the bible also asks us to protect the flock and snatch others out from the fire. When we see people following wrong doctrines/ministry etc, then we are sinning if we do not warn them. This is not judgement, this is guarding the flock. and this is part of walking uprightly before God.

Now, can we make a mistake in warning people of a ministry when the ministry/person turns out to be true. Yes, of course we can. We all make mistakes. But just because there can be a possibility of us doing so, doesn't excuse us from warning people/protecing people from ministries that we feel may be false. If we are always afraid that we do something wrong when our intentions are right and after checking with the bible, then we may as well not move, or do anything at all. What we need then is pray to God for discernment.

To discern whether a ministry is false etc, we really need to look at the bible and pray. That's why I said in my earlier post--accept the whole bible and not parts of it. If we just take the part 'do not judge' and understand it wrongly--we end up not warning anyone, not protecting anyone and we let people go astray. Similarly, if we take the part about warning people but do not take the part about judging, then we will start giving our own opinions in all kinds of matter, many of those involving judgement. We need to take both and learn to discern when is it judgement and when is it warning the flock, snatching them out of the fire.

Thanks for the offer in your ps but I am asking people to be careful because I am deeply concerned with people possibly being led astray. Its so much harder to come back once one is led astray and even worse that person will lead others astray too. This is part of my burden, worried for God's children that they go astray. I remembered somebody saying elsewhere--the gist of it : I believe and was blessed in Lakeland revival and those that say its false, is just judging. So I guess, based on your view, you will let anybody go to the previous Lakeland and Todd Bentley's revival. Never mind if the person going there end up with the Kundalini spirit etc. Well, do you want to tell that person who nearly ended up with that false spirit that you will not warn her based on your view about judging. If so, I can point you to her.
Above paragraph edited to be more lucid.

I don't think this thread so far has been derailed by our posts because it really takes DISCERNMENT based on God's word (bible) to know when a person/ministry is true. However, I also believe that what has been said by both you and I have been sufficient and further posts on this is unnecessary.

Just to reitereate: my posts here applies to any ministry in general and not specifically to IHOP/Mike Bickle.

2010/12/11 17:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy