SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : TV evangelist: I'm being extorted over affair

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 TV evangelist: I'm being extorted over affair

A prominent televangelist appeared before a worldwide television audience Tuesday to admit that he had an affair with a woman years ago — and to allege that three people had tried to extort millions of dollars from him to stay quiet about his infidelity.

The Rev. Marcus Lamb, who created DayStar Television Network with his wife Joni, said he and his wife had healed their marriage and had hoped to keep his adultery private, but went public because they would not pay extortionists. The three people demanded $7.5 million, he said.

"They're trying to take our pain and turn it to their gain," said Lamb, during a one-hour live broadcast with his wife by his side and supporters surrounding him. "We're not going to take God's money to keep from being humiliated." ...

read more: http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2010-12-01-extortion01_ST_N.htm

2010/12/2 14:20Profile
fromtheold

South Africa

Re: TV evangelist: I'm being extorted over affair

Ouch!

2010/12/2 14:58Profile

Re:

What do you think about this, Greg?

2010/12/2 15:00

Re:

Sorry,.

Re:

Oops!

Re:

I think whether he had an affair or not is a relatively minor issue compared to the issue of gross heresy that is taught on that network. Leadng people into false doctrine is a much bigger problem.

2010/12/2 15:13
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Pilgrim, I might be out of line saying this, if so please forgive me. Have you ever watched Marcus Lamb and the way he acts towards his wife, he's all, but bowed to her on TV, and maybe he has, and I just missed it. There is nothing wrong with being a wonderful,faithful,loving, caring, husband, but he literally sometimes turns my stomach, the way he acts. It's like she has some kind of control over him, if so, now we know why, and she uses it to the fullest. Maybe others don't see this, but this is why I never ever watch Marcus and Joni when their on anymore, but I do enjoy "some" of their guests.

2010/12/2 15:16Profile

Re:

The extortioner is getting extorted.

HomeSkoolDad is exactly right.

Yeah, I watch Marcus (wolf) Lamb.

I use him to show my kids what is heresy and we search the Word to see what it says. We pretend like we are the Bereans in Thessalonica. Where else can you get such living examples?

2010/12/2 15:22
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

The extortioner is getting extorted.

Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

2010/12/2 15:25Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

We need to pray for everyone involved and that God's mercy and grace would change peoples hearts.

2010/12/2 15:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy