SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Past, Present, and Future Forgiveness?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Quote:
hi, i believe that the bible teaches free grace,cheaper to us who believe than greasy grace...i see that sin and all its penalty was taken care of by the finished work of Jesus on the cross...i see that He cut an everlasting covenant for God and for man on that cross for He is the God man...i see that He sits at the right hand of the father as the covenant cutter and the covenant keeper and the covenant maker and the covenant lawyer,ever making intercession for us.i also see Jesus taking the full wrath of The Father upon Himself on the cross so that there can be no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus.i see Him providing me the Comforter (latin with strength)to live inside me and guide me.i hear Him say that he will in no way cast me out and that He is able to keep me against that day... i see men trying to take some control of this situation so that they a gain responsibility for salvation and if the can they will fail.when one goes to an altar he goes to die...altars are places of sacrifice...places where you reckon yourself dead ... the baptism that flows from this is being buried with Jesus unto His death,burial and ressurection.dead men are dead and the life we live is Christ' life living in us.jimp

THANK GOD for free grace:

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

The fact that does good works does not mean that he is in control of the situation at all. When God takes control of a life, that life can ONLY produce good works.

"dead men are dead and the life we live is Christ' life living in us"

If grace has entered into our lives we are truly dead and Christ's life is living in us. If that is the case, there is no need to discuss forgiveness of future sins. A dead man cannot sin. Slap a dead corpse. Will he fight back? Tempt a dead corpse to commit ANY sin under the sun. It will not happen. He is dead. If Christ's life is there where the dead man was ... can Christ sin?

If man is in control of his righteousness, he is destined to sin. If Christ is in control of a man's righteousness, he cannot sin.

2010/12/1 18:25Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Jimp,

would you please explain what you mean by the phrase "Christ' finished work on the cross". I understand when Jesus said: "It is finished" to mean that his part of the redeeming work is finished. That means He does not have to go to the cross and be crucisfied all over again every time some one believes on Him. On the other hand, when some one believes, the Bible says they crucify to themselves the Son of God. That does not mean that Christ suffers pain or feels the nails driven again in His hands or any of that but simply means that His shed blood is applied to them to cover their sin.

Would you please explain if you believe that phrase to mean something else, providing Scripture as you go.

2010/12/1 18:26Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: Past, Present, and Future Forgiveness?

Future from who's frame of reference. Jesus paid the price 2000 years ago. All of our sins were future. When I sin, Jesus does not have to climb back up on a cross to pay for a new infraction with a new sacrifice. So I would say yes, even future sins. I have committed sins that I cannot remember. It is a good thing I don't have to come up with a list and confess and repent of every one of them or I would be going to hell for sure.

I confessed that I was lost without Christ, repented for living that way, received the forgiveness that had already been extended, was made a righteous son of God through the sacrifice of Christ, and continue to walk in Him as a born again man. There is no more condemnation because (in the context in which the verse is written) I am no longer trusting in my own ability to be "good" and live by the law for my righteousness, but rather an trusting in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and His grace by faith. I have His righteousness and am dead to the law so the law can no longer condemn me as a sinner. If I ever do miss the mark, I now have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous one Whose righteousness I have now put on. I do confess and repent, but I know that I am righteous in Him and as a born again man, the fact that I missed the mark displeases me as it does Him and I am compelled to run to Him and away from that sin that I committed.

2010/12/1 18:34Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Lorddoitagain,

Sad to say, people are not consistent in their interpretation of the word "dead". While they see it in the verse" we were dead in our trespasses and sin" to mean a dead corps that can not think, walk, eat, speak, believe..., they see it in the verses that declare we are dead to sin to mean just having the flu.

2010/12/1 18:36Profile
knitefall

Re:

Amen on Free Grace!

Folk that think negatively about Grace given to "those other Christians who won't stop doing all that sinnnn" Are EXACTLY like the pharisees in this story:

Matthew 20
Parable of the Vineyard Workers

for they thought that by doing more works would have earned them more of a right standing with God. And all along, even if it DID NOT look like it, those who just "got Saved" possess the same amount of freely given perfect Righteousness as everyone else.

2010/12/1 18:53Profile

Re:

When Jesus said it was "Finished", it was finished. His work was finished, HE completed His work, He obeyed His Father's will.

Paul had a work to complete and he said, "2Ti 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: "

He kept the faith, he did not end up a castaway.

1Co 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
1Co 9:25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
1Co 9:26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
1Co 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Now we have a race to run and a fight to fight. Jesus is done, Paul is done, and many others done. There is nothing passive at all about our walk. We apprehend Jesus by faith not works. The work has been done by Him, we rest from all our labors (of establishing our own righteousness through our own works)

Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

and we delight to do His will.

Psa 40:7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,
Psa 40:8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
Psa 40:9 I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, thou knowest.
Psa 40:10 I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation.

We don't have to worry about apprehending this promise or that promise. Just apprehend the Lord Jesus and you get everything!

2Co 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

2010/12/1 19:24
jimp

Re:

hi, good word brother...Jesus is finished with dealing with sin,death and the grave...He is not finished with us yet for we are in a process of being saved and one day we shall be saved...some call this sanctification and glorification. but it is all done the same way we entered in when we were saved,faith in what Jesus did at the cross. He gets all the glory...that is the message of the finished work of the cross.jimp ps Jesus said depart from Me you worker of iniquity for I never knew you.He did not say that sin entered into this at all.to know Him and the power of His raising from the dead is to know Him intimately and He must know us intimately in a love relationship where we are to rest in His loving arms...yoked with Him for His burdens are Light.

2010/12/1 20:55Profile

Re:

Amen Jimp. I agree with everything you say. Our sanctification actually comes by pressing into and knowing Him.

We depart from iniquity by pressing in to Him not trying to fight sin on our own. It is impossible.

2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

2Ti 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.

We purge ourselves of unholiness by pressing into Him. (Actually, He is doing it. We just move towards Him all the time, by humbling ourselves and drawing near so that He will lift us up).

2Ti 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

2Ti 2:22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

I love these scriptures. No one speak plainer than James did here, by the Holy Spirit.

Jam 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
Jam 4:5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
Jam 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
Jam 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Jam 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Resist the Enemy
Submit to God
Draw near to God
Cleanse our hands
Purify our Hearts

2010/12/1 21:13
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Quote:
Sad to say, people are not consistent in their interpretation of the word "dead". While they see it in the verse" we were dead in our trespasses and sin" to mean a dead corps that can not think, walk, eat, speak, believe..., they see it in the verses that declare we are dead to sin to mean just having the flu.

Sad reality but it is true. I have met so many who know "dead" to mean "temporarily knocked out". I say that because of their testimonies of frequent resurrections of the corpse that was supposed to be dead. Often it is a long process of such sudden resurrections of the old dead man ... then finally they see with eyes of faith Romans 6:6 ...

Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

They finally totally accept the death of the old man, and then, finally the life of Christ really is alive in them.

Another double translation of a word is "freed from sin" or also "free indeed"

Joh 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

To many, that freedom is a come and go freedom ... only until certain situations bring them to a "temporary" bondage to sin again.

Oh the joy of of full salvation ... full surrender ... death to the old man ... new and abundant life of Christ flowing through our lives producing actions that only He can produce.

2010/12/2 0:11Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

Quote:
Oh the joy of of full salvation ... full surrender ... death to the old man ... new and abundant life of Christ flowing through our lives producing actions that only He can produce.

Amen! Glory be to God!

2010/12/2 0:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy