Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : DAILY LIGHT - MORNING DECEMBER 1

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 DAILY LIGHT - MORNING DECEMBER 1

A man shall be as a hiding place from the wind, and a covert from the tempest.

Forasmuch ... as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same. - The man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts. - I and my Father are one.

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. - There shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of refuge, and for a covert from storm and from rain. - The LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.

When my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. - Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble. - Thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.

ISA. 32:2. Heb. 2:14. Zech. 13:7. John 10:30. Psa. 91:1. Isa. 4:6. -Psa. 121:5,6. Psa. 61:2. Psa. 32:7. Isa. 25:4.

2010/12/1 11:57Profile

EVENING REFLECTIONS - DECEMBER 1

Broken Bread
DAILY DEVOTIONS FROM THE DAILY LIGHT

by
Evan Hopkins

A man shall be as an hiding place from the wind, and a covert from the tempest.-- Isa. 32:2

"A man." who is this man? It is "the second man--the Lord from heaven" (1 Cor. 15:47). This man is our hiding-place. "Jesus, refuge of my soul, let me hide myself in Thee." There we are sheltered and safe from the storm of the law's condemnation, as well as from the assaults of satan. "Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance" (Ps. 32:7). For every conceivable trial or trouble the Lord is the believer's refuge. "There shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of refuge, and for a covert from the storm and from the rain" (Isa. 4:6). It is the Lord's will that we should under all circumstances avail ourselves of this refuge. "He that dwelleth"-- that is he that "sitteth down," takes up permanent abode, and does not merely use God as a temporary refuge--"He that [sitteth down] in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty."

2010/12/1 17:20

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy