SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How bad are things? (am asking in all sincerity )

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

How bad are things? (am asking in all sincerity )

I wanted to ask about the current economic situation for a great many people in this country. There are stories of those who can not find work even after searching for a year or more? I find myself unsure of how to pray for people, some say things are bad but if people want to work they can? Then there are those who say things are far worse and people with families are suffering and hurting unable to find jobs even though they are looking day after day? I know some of these stories are set up to tug at the heart but I find it painful to hear some of the responses to peoples suffering. It amazes me the cruelty and callousness of those towards others? I know some use this time of year to manipulate the emotions so how does one discern where the true need is? I do not ever want to make light of another persons suffering but I want to use Godly wisdom in my choices and not be ruled by emotions either.

Any thoughts?
God Bless
mj

2010/12/1 8:58Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re: How bad are things? (am asking in all sincerity )

I think the best thing we can do MJ, is look for those who are being affected by all this stuff and bless them in Jesus name, in a real and practical way. Trying to wrap your mind around the enormity of it all can be somewhat disconcerting. Every bit of suffering you see is an oportunity for you to extend an eternal hand, from an eternal kingdom.

God Bless you Sister.

2010/12/1 9:09Profile

HI Maryjane,

I think that you already know, based upon your post. Go with the leading of the Holy Spirit in your heart. Listen to the small still voice and not the voice of those who would manipulate for political gain. There are always anecdotal story's that can be used to rob people of their compassion, yet a good question is this for any Christian. When you were saved did you deserve it? If the same standard that we were to use on others were applied to us in our salvation, would we be saved now? Let us be Christlike in all that we do. He continualy did good to those who despitefully used and abused Him. He walked the walk of the sermon on the mount, now so must we........brother Frank

2010/12/1 9:49

"I was a stranger, and you took me in.."

In 2003 the Lord took me in a vision in which He spoke. He showed me MILLIONS of homeless out of the middle class. His word to me was; "THE END OF THE AMERICAN DREAM." I understood that it would evolve around a "MORTGAGE GREED CRISIS."

It is judgement, in such a mild way, compared to the wrath to soon come.

here:
http://pjmiller.wordpress.com/2009/01/03/guest-author-the-end-of-the-american-dream/

There are at least 5 unemployed workers for every available job today. There are one million that will no longer be eligible for benefits...[to feed their families, and buy gas..] THIS WEEK.

I returned from N. Calif., Bay area, recently. There is fear gripping the cities, with many, many Christians I met that have lost their homes, with no hope in sight. JOBS ARE DISSAPPEARING LIKE RAIN DROPS.

It is very sad, and yes, there is a ME first mentality, IN THE CHURCH, neglecting those brethren who were caught in the "buy NOW!" mortgage trap.

I believe that we are seeing the beginning of the end now. The Lord has His eyes open to see how we treat the "least of the Brethren", whoever that may be....because..

"He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in;

36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink?

38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You?

39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’

40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink;

43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

44 “Then they also will answer Him,[d] saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’

45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’

46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”..WORDS OF Jesus..

THIS PERILOUS TIME WE ARE IN TODAY, MAY BE THE DIVIDING LINE FOR MILLIONS OF CHRISTIANS, EVEN CONCERNING THEIR ETERNAL HOME, VORTEXING AROUND OUR ACTIONS OR LACK OF THEM TOWARD OUR SUFFERING BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

2010/12/1 10:15
MaryJane

Re:

Quote:
When you were saved did you deserve it? If the same standard that we were to use on others were applied to us in our salvation, would we be saved now? Let us be Christlike in all that we do. He continualy did good to those who despitefully used and abused Him. He walked the walk of the sermon on the mount, now so must we........brother Frank

Of course, this is a very good reminder for me. I should have considered this myself.

God Bless
mj

2010/12/1 10:46Profile

i just started re-reading the Book of Job this morning.

mind you, all 66 Books/Epistles are Precious Gems, but there's Something utterly Unique about this Book, and i'm trying to lay my soul around What It is.

i dont know what religion it is, that says "all life is suffering"...is it the buddhists?

i know that coda is NOT the Word of This Book Job.

maybe the Spine of Job, is the Rock of Faith.

MJ, personally, i've been very blessed by God. i've never had a lust for things, possessions, fancy stuff.

satan has tempted me many times, so much so, i asked God about this a few months ago. i said, "Lord, it always seemed i was one meeting, one job away from being really really wealthy, but you gave me a taste and let me go no further".

and God spoke to me, and said, "I was protecting you from yourself, you'd be dead if you were wealthy. but I always made sure you had that homer of manna everyday, did I not?"

and i worshipped Him, because the LORD was right. i worshipped Him because He loves me so in His Wisdom and Mercy.

The Book of Job. There are tremendous Revelations in that Book for this time, i just want to wrap my soul around Them.

a homer of manna for a fool like me, from a God that will protect me, from myself.

i worship Him.

in Jesus' love, neil

2010/12/1 11:54
Jeremy221

Re: Order of Responsibility

Hi mj,

Our first responsibility is to our family, then the Church family and finally the poor.

2010/12/1 12:01Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I believe things are pretty bad out there, and although I'm far from being an economist, my simple discernment tells me things are probably only going to get worse in the long term. How bad, I'm not really sure. On a 1 to 10 point scale, with 10 being the worst, I would say our present economy is about a 6.

Seeing how our nation's "prosperity" is built largely upon our ability to take on new debt, it simply doesn't take much forsight to realize that eventually that game won't end very well in the long term. Eventually we will hit a 10 on the scale, and truth be told, it wouldn't take much for us to be there within just a few days or weeks at best, even under "good" conditions. Beware of anybody who says otherwise. For at the end of the day, even in "one hour" Babylon the Great will be overthrown, with her merchants mourning over the fact nobody can buy their cargo anymore, with industry coming to a grinding hault over night.

If one understands the Scriptural principle that debt makes one a slave, and then understands our nation thrives entirely off debt, then it's only a matter of time before we have to answer to our masters. Of course, we need not let these things trouble us or cause us to fear, or do drastic things like store up a years supply of food to survive complete economic meltdowns. Our God will take care of us, and will provide all of our needs, even as He provides them now. If God can provide our needs now, in the present fallen systems of men, then He can provide our needs even under the next fallen system.

Practically speaking, I think the Church needs to prepare herself to step it up when it comes to personally showing mercy and hospitality to not only family, friends, and neighbors, but even complete and total strangers. Those of us who have the means should be looking to actually take people in. Times are going to get rough. And people are going to needs places of refuge to which they can turn for the grace they so greatly need. And who knows, in the midst of this, we may even entertain angels unaware.

2010/12/1 12:33Profile

Re:

Dear MJ,

Please note in (Brother Tom's) reference to Mt. 25 that there is no mention of giving mammon as a substitute for personal interaction (with the posessions God has blessed us with) in caring for the needs of those lacking.

Most will take a handout of money, but Jesus expects of us to be His hands and feet, living out His relationship in us with those in need. There is a huge contradiction between cold hard cash and the warm tenderness that comes through us serving as His own poetry in action.

Yurz Truly,
gregg

2010/12/1 18:03

Re:

IN REGARD TO KJ'S PRAGMATISM, TAKE HEED.

Personally, i am in the process of completing a greenhouse here at home, setting up wind-gen as the means of future power usage, and building an underground living area (per His instructions). As well, in the process of doing this, i have been given air-ozone generators )prolly for use in the underground chamber(s).

What in the world is going on?

First the shaking, then the sifting, then the outpouring of the former and later rain together among the 'fires' following . The end is not far away from these things.

Judgement has begun in God's house, and the world will suffer accordingly thereafter.

Get your galoshes on or go jump in a lake.

phaney

2010/12/1 18:22

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy