SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Favorite Book of the Bible.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Favorite Book of the Bible.

Something that has amazed me over the years is that the bible is often viewed as one large book but in reality it is made up up several. So when we carry around a bible we are carrying around a library :) My question though is simple and I hope won't be a source of debate but simply have fun and fellowship about the topic. What is your Favorite Book of the Bible and why?

2010/11/30 15:45Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re: Favorite Book of the Bible.

I hope it is O.K. to have two. For me it is hard to separate them, as they both had a great impact on me at relatively the same time in my life.

Hands down, for me it is the Epistles of Jude and Galatians. The first showed me the depth of my own personal self-deception. And the latter showed me how to [be] a Christian.

I am sure, however, that in some time in the near future, the Book of Matthew may become my next great favorite, as I learn to digest its incredibly abrasive attack against my human nature.

Great question Matthew!

2010/11/30 15:59Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Oh Yeah you can definitely have more than one, I am guess there is going to be a variety of different books that people favor simply because those particular book(s) spoke to their heart more.

Personally John and his letters are my favorites. John is an interesting guy and through reading and meditading on his letters I found I most likely wasn't a Christian and needed a Saviour. Then through John I learn more about Our Saviour. I often read Matthew as well more specifically 5-7.

2010/11/30 16:21Profile

Re:

III Hezekiah.

2010/11/30 16:28
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Phillipians, and after that, Isaiah.

2010/11/30 16:32Profile

Re:

I love all my Father's words and can't think of one conversation I like better than another and I am not trying to be cute.

2010/11/30 16:33
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Well as a man, I would have to say James, it really speaks to the men out there.

2010/11/30 16:49Profile

Re:

I listened to a Paul Washer sermon called examine yourself, based on 1st John, and God really spoke to me through it.

I love how he says he addresses his audience as "my little children", because as a new christian it is exactly how I feel.

2010/11/30 18:42

Re:

Genesis is my favorite book of the bible. There is so many likenesses of Christ that it's overwhelming and I always see something new. I especially like reading about Joseph, how that he went from being in a prominent family and reduced to the lowest hell of a dungeon, and then rose again and sat down at the right hand of Pharaoh. Joseph became the mediator for Pharaoh. The Egyptians sold all that they had to Pharaoh in order for them to survive. Having sold all their property, Joseph moved them into cities for them to dwell. Sounds like something that God has for those that love Him, He has prepared for them a city for those that have given up everything to follow Him.

There is so much in there that it'll take a life time to extract just a a little.

2010/11/30 19:21
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Hard to pick.

I really enjoy all the Gospels but I have enjoyed the Gospel of John the best. Love to sit at the feet of Jesus in John.

The Psalms. Everything I need is there. Worshiping, Praising, Encouragement, Exportation, Comfort, Promises. And from David mostly. Who was not perfect but loved the Lord. I pray the Psalms too. One year things were so tough I found comfort and prayer in the Psalms.

2010/11/30 20:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy