SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Christian woman faces death for blasphemy

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Christian woman faces death for blasphemy

In early November, in the dusty city of Sheikhupura in Pakistan’s heartland, Asia Bibi, an illiterate Christian woman and mother of five, was sentenced to death by hanging under the country’s blasphemy laws.

Her crime? She allegedly insulted the Prophet Muhammad.

Almost immediately, the death sentence unleashed international condemnation, and put pressure on Pakistan’s government to overturn the verdict and amend the country’s blasphemy laws – a holdover from a 19th century penal code designed to protect minority religious sects during British colonial times. ...

read more: http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/11/29/5543912-christian-woman-faces-death-for-blasphemy

2010/11/30 13:05Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Christian woman faces death for blasphemy

An incident occurred at the well
when a group of Muslim women
called her names and insulted her
faith. Instead of responding with
grace, love, and truth she decided
to call them names and insult their
god!! Childish; but in Muslim
lands you can be put to death for
this!!

2010/11/30 13:14Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Brother sojourner,
In the news articles that I have read, she did not say anything against Muhammad. One man accused her of this.

2010/11/30 13:17Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

My point was her response should
have been more in the Spirit of
Christ !!

2010/11/30 13:20Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

We need to pray for the persecuted.

I know many people in islamic countries who say the persecution has greatly increased in the past few months. They are burning churches and the government is putting many peaceful protestors in jail.

2010/11/30 13:20Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

There is great deal of lies and misinformation that goes on in these cases.

If she was asked if she believed Mohammad was sent from God and she said no, that would be considered blasphemy,and insult.

2010/11/30 13:25Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Quote:
If she was asked if she believed Mohammad was sent from God and she said no, that would be considered blasphemy,and insult.

yup! So don't judge soujourner, you weren't there! :))

I love how Greg put this in the Devotional Thoughts section, whether purposeful or not.

2010/11/30 13:38Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

I'm not judging. I simply said
her response to insults could
have been more Christ-like!
see 1 PETER 2 vs23

2010/11/30 14:07Profile
Jeremy221

I want to remind readers on SI of what is written in Word that you become like that which you worship. The Allah of Islam teaches his followers to be liars to get what they want. I have experienced this in my own interactions with Muslims. We are facing the very issue of lying right here on SI in days where Krispy (Steve) is demonstrating the Truth by coming clean about his deception. If we sweep what he did under the carpet, we are acting no better than Muslims whose god has taught them to lie to us. I have seen my Muslim friend turn against me in a moment to protect his honor before men.

Do you know why God Almighty has to swear by an oath? It is because the Scriptures say, "Let God be true and every man a liar." It is because of us, we as men are liars without the Life that comes by the Holy Spirit. Do you misrepresent yourself and God? Do you let people think that the revelation on Scripture that you share is out of your own skull when it was from God? Or do you let people praise you for the changes God has wrought in your character? Do you take the glory of God on yourself? Do you give God the glory for providing your needs? How about thanking Him for the strippings and trials that change your character to be more Christ-like?

2010/11/30 14:22Profile
learn

Re:

Sojourner7,

Some reports have it she insulted them back while others never mentioned it, instead it went very different. We have no idea which one is the truth.

Even if it turns out she insulted them back, is it right to pick on her (by saying what you did) at this point in time when what she and her family need is prayer. Where's your compassion. Would you dare to tell her family to their face what you've written here. Would it show Christ in you for you to say such things to them at this point in time or even to write this remark here. I very much doubt it. What if we reverse it and its yourself and your family in their place and a Christian make such a remark.

How did Jesus treat the woman that was going to be stonned for adultery in John 8. He showed compassion and asked her to sin no more. He wasn't acting Pharisee like by pointing to the law which called for stoning.

2010/11/30 16:31Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy