Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : DAILY LIGHT - MORNING NOVEMBER 30

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 DAILY LIGHT - MORNING NOVEMBER 30

The Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.

Peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come. - The peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. - Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

The Comforter ... even the Spirit of truth. - The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace. - The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God.

My presence shall go with thee and I will give thee rest. And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence. For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? is it not in that thou goest with us?

II THES. 3:16. Rev.1:4. Phi. 4:7. Luke 24:36. John 14:27. John 15:26. Gal. 5:22. Rom. 8:16. Exo. 33:14-16.

2010/11/30 11:34Profile

REFLECTIONS - NOVEMBER 30

Broken Bread
(Daily Devotions from the Daily Light)
by Evan Hopkins

The Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.--2 Thess. 3:16

Notice the special title that is given us in this passage, "The Lord of peace." It occurs again in 1 Thessalonians 5:23, "The very God of peace himself sanctify you wholly"; and again in Hebrews 13:20, 21, "The God of peace that brought again from the dead . . . that great shepherd of the sheep . . . make you perfect in every good work." He has revealed himself as the God of peace in the gospel of His Son. The message He has sent us is the word of peace--"preaching peace by Jesus Christ." The work He has accomplished is the work of peace, "having made peace by the blood of his cross." The path into which He leads us is the "way of peace." In our text we have the apostolic prayer that the same Lord might Himself continually bestow upon these Thessalonian Christians the gift of peace. A perpetual gift of peace! Not at certain times of special devotion only--but "always." Not when circumstances are favorable only--"but by all means." That is, "in all ways." In dark and trying ways, as well as in bright and smooth ways.

2010/11/30 17:47

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy